Flyer Nerf Appreciation Thread

BulletForce

I despise having almost no stamina on almost anything that flies now. carrying something will be impossible. it's dumb to see what has been done to this game, to the point of trying to kill of ALL tamed fliers now. I hope they'll reconsider this base nerf that put them to all hell. 50% is FAR too much of a nerf. also to remove levels as well, is not in any way shape or form nice either

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, kithylin said:

I honestly think you are certifiably insane in stating this. This is the worst patch that we've ever had to ark in all the years it's been running. Fliers are completely useless now.

Are you even aware the massive number of people that are already rage-quitting because of it?

We should be standing up as a community and demanding they remove and roll-back this change instead of applauding it.

You are not helping at all.

Oh... If you say this is the worst then you havent seen rivers of tears after "Great Dino Nerf" when 2000-2500% damage tamed dinos were reduced to 300-400%.

6 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

Maybe tame some dodos,  level up to bolas, and find a good bird.. that was one of the main issues with pteras, ppl got "poopy" ones and just cut out much of the early game.. you don't need a ptera right out of the gate,  flyers should be end game material..

Except it's one of the first saddles you unlock and they're tamed with the easiest kibble in the game. 

Level 35 saddle and dodo kibble.

Mesopithecus, Ichthy and Ptera are positioned within the progression tree to be your first tames, after a trike or pachyrhino for berries. 

I was all for a flyer nerf. They were too overpowered and you just needed one to beat the game for the most part. What they did, however, was too much. Removing the ability to increase speed makes tames like the tapejara and the wyvern insanely difficult to get (i understand the wyvern, not the tapejara). It also makes traversing maps like The Center or Skies of Nazca or The Volcano insanely difficult. These are very large, beautiful maps that require you to have flyers to be able to traverse them effectively. This does make land dinos more useful, and I'm all for that, but they definitely went too far with the nerf. If they made it possible to increase speed, but greatly decreased the amount gain, I feel as though there would be less of a backlash from the community and it would be more balanced.

Just now, DarthaNyan said:

Oh... If you say this is the worst then you havent seen rivers of tears after "Great Dino Nerf" when 2000-2500% damage tamed dinos were reduced to 300-400%.

well, remember they also increased that impossible patch back up a bit, we will see what is done with this one. This is on top of that horrid nerf as well. doesn't help at all

1 minute ago, DarthaNyan said:

I was there. And we server owners were (thank the gods) allowed to disable and revert that change ourselves. But we can't change this one. It's hard coded into the game. So.. we're boned and the game is destroyed now.

It has only been what 4 hours? As a person who plays both PVP and PVE as well as running a dedicated server I urge all of you who are complaining to give it a week. Just one week of playing around with the nerf and seeing how it adapts the gameplay. After a week take the time to decide if it is really as bad as you think it is or perhaps it is for the better and you are jumping the gun. Use the week to come up with reasons why it is not a good nerf and then come up with ways the devs can tweak it to make it more balanced. A nerf needed to happen and maybe they went a little to far in the other direction but yelling about the nerf before it has even had a chance to be used in the game is not fair to the devs or for the playerbase. 

I am a very staunch pve player. If the Nerf stays I will not play this game any more. I get it u think they were op, maybe, maybe not but when u have to land on 3 different islands just to get from Southern Tropical Island to Northern Tropical Island, the game is no longer fun. I like building and that requires resources. 

The person that says Yay to the dev's for having the courage to nerf the flyers is not very inteligent. The game is not playable like this. No Yay's from me and I will no longer play if you keep them this badly nerfed.  Please roll back this change and rethink your nerf. 

1 minute ago, DeadlyxTwinky21 said:

Someone already made a mod to fix this godforsaken nerf club wrapped in flaming razor-wire

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=895711211

Meh... mod for those who cannot wrap their mind around the change and adapt or in other words survive in a survival game.

8 minutes ago, 3mptylord said:

Except it's one of the first saddles you unlock and they're tamed with the easiest kibble in the game. 

Level 35 saddle and dodo kibble.

Mesopithecus, Ichthy and Ptera are positioned within the progression tree to be your first tames, after a trike or pachyrhino for berries. 

Actually there are a bunch of none kibble tames you can go for before all that.. especially with the new rates.. get your kibble trees going early,  jump up to level 35 and you'll have enough kibbled to tame a good ptera.. it being easy kibble should allow you an easy high level tame.. besides, I see new players constantly crying in global chat about ptera tame help this and they need help getting an argy.. problem is, most people really don't want to think and actually work through a problem. This nerf sucks,  but I think it's needed so that the player base will work out a new, broadened meta

1 hour ago, BulletForce said:

Use a boat or build a raft half way between to land and recharge on. Other dinos cant get across so easily, why should birds?

....... Because

Bird
bərd/
noun
  1. 1.
    a warm-blooded egg-laying vertebrate distinguished by the possession of feathers, wings, and a beak and (typically) by being able to fly.

Just now, Knightos said:

cant wait for un defendable 300+ bronto pushes now. :D

At first I just felt kinda disapointed about this patch but now I am seeing others ideas/suggestions and starting to think hang on there is possibilities here that I got so out of the habbit of using due to always flying with my argentavis etc! So in some ways whilst I think it went a little too far and could have a little more stats added back onto the birds I at the same time don't want them back to where they were as now I can see uses for dinos I do not have but now want as they finally have a use again!

1 minute ago, Zergling963 said:

At first I just felt kinda disapointed about this patch but now I am seeing others ideas/suggestions and starting to think hang on there is possibilities here that I got so out of the habbit of using due to always flying with my argentavis etc! So in some ways whilst I think it went a little too far and could have a little more stats added back onto the birds I at the same time don't want them back to where they were as now I can see uses for dinos I do not have but now want as they finally have a use again!

true but in PVP this just makes gigas/Brontos god teir now since picking some one off a giga at that speed will not work at all :P

I think this nerf will be the death of Ark. 

I understand why they have brought this nerf out, but whatc about all the hours breading and hatching now it's all for nothing.

They have done the flyers this time around after messing with the saddle last time it's sad.

well here is good luck to us all we are going to need it

Archived