Flyer Nerf Appreciation Thread

BulletForce

4 minutes ago, Albagran said:

I don't get the nerf, its plain stupid you are so slow arround the map.

And as for pvp server well instead of nerfing it just buff or implement something new like a better turret against flyers or a turret that has a long range that shoots a bird and that one will have 100 % movespeed no matter what

Being slow arround the map makes the game mad boring. I always believe they would implement an engine that you could attach to your boat and drive much quicker with fuel #believe

The problem here is you have grown so used to playing this game in a way that was never intended. The developers never meant for players to just blitz around the map without a care in the world bypassing any and all danger. It's a shame they took so long to rectify this and in the meantime bad habits among players have been allowed to develop. 

The good news is as of yesterday the problem has been fixed and dealt with, now its just up to the players to get accustomed to the new gameplay options available to them.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BulletForce said:

The problem here is you have grown so used to playing this game in a way that was never intended. The developers never meant for players to just blitz around the map without a care in the world bypassing any and all danger. It's a shame they took so long to rectify this and in the meantime bad habits among players have been allowed to develop. 

The good news is as of yesterday the problem has been fixed and dealt with, now its just up to the players to get accustomed to the new gameplay options available to them.

i remebr  jat in a tirbe with 350 base qutalz?

Something that should be mentioned is, how the hell do you get dragons now? No flyer is faster than a dragon at base speed, so if you can't increase speed how are you supposed to steal eggs? Or trap them for milk? Even if you work in a team, a dragon will make quick work of your RG or ptera so you could have a fleet of them and get nowhere. And with such low stamina even if you can outrun them, you can't do it for very long.

1 minute ago, EridianX said:

Something that should be mentioned is, how the hell do you get dragons now? No flyer is faster than a dragon at base speed, so if you can't increase speed how are you supposed to steal eggs? Or trap them for milk? Even if you work in a team, a dragon will make quick work of your RG or ptera so you could have a fleet of them and get nowhere. And with such low stamina even if you can outrun them, you can't do it for very long.

You can do it solo, in a really time consuming manner. Or duo, in a less time consuming manner, but faster. It involves leading the pack of Wyverns to a Giga or high level Rex and killing the Wyverns. No more high level egg farming, so realistically, it increased the time to get eggs by a pretty large amount, as well as required you to use, at least, two dinos, but more likely, two people. 

5 minutes ago, EridianX said:

Yeah this one is boggling the rational mind.

Just now, iAmE said:

You can do it solo, in a really time consuming manner. Or duo, in a less time consuming manner, but faster. It involves leading the pack of Wyverns to a Giga or high level Rex and killing the Wyverns. No more high level egg farming, so realistically, it increased the time to get eggs by a pretty large amount, as well as required you to use, at least, two dinos, but more likely, two people. 

Yeah but how though? They already, at a lower than 200 speed argy, outpace you. So at just base speed how can you be expected to lead a group of them anywhere to even do that? That is a lot of dragons hitting you with breath attacks to get to that giga. And even then, that doesn't really help in trapping them, just killing them.

Just now, BulletForce said:

Dragons aren't meant to be an easily obtainable commodity. Players must now work together and use teamwork in order to obtain them. This is working as intended.

HOW though? Do you even have an answer? Explain how exactly you trap a dragon or steal eggs when you cannot out run a dragon and it is constantly hitting you with attacks. Explain or shut up already.

7 minutes ago, EridianX said:

This is something a competent Change Management team would've addressed and *tested* pre-change :P. I get the feeling these guys did not have a long professional career before starting Wildcard/Ark because their management practices across the board - service, project, change - are trash. I'm speaking from considerable experience in ICT management. The game was always fun enough to offset their incompetence but this is beyond the pale.

28 minutes ago, JeanII said:

You can find Robert Bakker and a the rest of his field arguing about just about anything. But no animal in our fossil record with wings this proportion to their bodies have been flightless that we can prove.

In fact the only birds that we are aware of that have issues with flight have tiny little wings much smaller to their body mass.

The odds are: A quetz would have been a migratory bird since it would have obviously not been able to take the whole winter off from eating at it's size. Which would make low stamina a real long shot.

I don't have an issue with this update I like it quite a bit.

Flyers got screwed a bit, oh well. Adapt. TONs of other dinos.
New dinos, new sounds, new tek stuff, water creature breeding (this is a big one!), new UI that looks pretty cool.

Seems to me like everyone is overlooking all this good stuff and just crying about flyers not being super speedy stamina junkies anymore. 
:ph34r:

Just now, Ormagodon said:

New dinos, new sounds, new tek stuff, water creature breeding (this is a big one!), new UI that looks pretty cool.

Seems to me like everyone is overlooking all this good stuff and just crying about flyers not being super speedy stamina junkies anymore. 

I think the reason no one is talking about that stuff is because all of that stuff is fine, not really any problems with it. But clearly the same cannot be said about the nerfs. And no one is saying there should have been no nerf, just that the one they did went way too far. As i have said, how can you get dragon eggs or milk now? You cannot out run a dragon now, meaning once you grab that egg you must kill that dragon to get it off of you, and you can't just kill them if you need milk, you have to trap them alive. So this is kind of a big problem. The only thing i can think of is building a cage directly above the scar and tanking the dmg with a bird till you get the dragon in the cage, aside from that there is really no way i can see to lure and trap a dragon for milk.

On 3/31/2017 at 7:26 PM, BulletForce said:

Flying dinos have been OP in this game right since the beginning but now finally at long last balance has been restored to the world. They are no longer the instant win, supersonic jets of the dino world. No longer the easy mode of transport and no longer the only viable way to move resources around. They are now in line with the other dinos. This change will make PVP combat and raiding far more interesting and varied from the stale meta we have been used to for ages.

The devs deserve a round of applause for their courage in pushing through this change despite the bitter whining of players used to playing in easy mode particularly PVE players. It can't have been easy to go ahead with this given the vocal minorities on this forum preaching for the last few weeks about the end of the world. Well done devs!

Thank god there are others besides me who feels this way. The steam forums has been a pretty depressing affair and the usual steam page rating bombs have insued.

5 minutes ago, Ormagodon said:
Seems to me like everyone is overlooking all this good stuff and just crying about flyers not being super speedy stamina junkies anymore. :ph34r:

The cool stuff *is* super cool and I was hyped as raptor for this update but now I can't get anywhere on the map so the game sucks to play and I haven't been playing it. 

7 minutes ago, Ormagodon said:

This is easy for you or me to say. I've moved all the metal I'll ever need to move. But in retrospect can't even begin to imagine building our current bases with the newly destroyed quetzals. And before you say "use other dinos and adapt" remember almost all the metal in the game is on mountain tops. ....Farm that with your high weight bronto and get back to me about how much fun you're having.

Just now, Ghilgamesch said:

Thank god there are others besides me who feels this way. The steam forums has been a pretty depressing affair and the usual steam page rating bombs have insued.

The thing i keep hearing from people is how pteras could swoop in and grab you before you can do anything with such high speed. Simple fix for that would be make it so if you are mounted you cannot be grabbed off by a flyer. That cuts out a pretty big gripe from people on flyers being op. No need for a buckshot nerf on every flyer in pve and pvp. And as for the resource transporting, who cares?  You don't make land dinos more viable by making the flyers more poopty. You don't make something seem less poopty by making the main thing more poopty lol, that is not a good solution. Even then, flying will ALWAYS be the better way to do that, i mean that's true in reality as well, flying is just better for transport.

On 3/31/2017 at 7:36 PM, Sneakers said:

Flyer nerf was very poorly thought out and even worse implementation, I just lost all my baby wyverns and my main wyvern and my main argent because getting milk is now impossible, way to destroy an entire facet (selling point) of the game /SE I suggest roll this back and go back to the drawing board

Milking impossible? Really?

Please watch.. I took time outta my day to help you guys.

NOTE: The wyvern had nothing to do with that video and in no way helped. He was just the cameraman who accidentally aggro'd it from me, which actually lost all my KO progress and wasted about 1/4th of my dinos health. Sorry about that.

NOTE 2: The wyvern was aggro'd from one of the sandy bridges that cross over the worldscar. I shot it from over the edge with a pistol, this aggro's it to you no matter the distance and always guarantees to only aggro the one you shot.

NOTE 3: If you're wondering why I'm not recording from first person, it's because my computer is a steaming pile of dogcrap and I never rise above 15 fps.

Just now, EridianX said:

The thing i keep hearing from people is how pteras could swoop in and grab you before you can do anything with such high speed. Simple fix for that would be make it so if you are mounted you cannot be grabbed off by a flyer. That cuts out a pretty big gripe from people on flyers being op. No need for a buckshot nerf on every flyer in pve and pvp.

The issue is they used to be able to fly faster then turrets could track them. That's a big issue. It also meant for a guy on the ground with a gun to try and hit a Pteradon rider who wasn't going straight at him was near impossible.

5 minutes ago, 20YearAlphaTest said:

This is easy for you or me to say. I've moved all the metal I'll ever need to move. But in retrospect can't even begin to imagine building our current bases with the newly destroyed quetzals. And before you say "use other dinos and adapt" remember almost all the metal in the game is on mountain tops. ....Farm that with your high weight bronto and get back to me about how much fun you're having.

Flyers are not the only way to get metal, please. :P

Few steggos and you have a armed convoy.

Archived