Flyer Nerf Appreciation Thread

BulletForce

Just now, Knightos said:

i have :D its very fun but it has not been out for 3 years like ark so there is some things missing but it is still enjoyable

March 2017     -68.08% 15,967
February 2017      +4126.35%   53,402

http://steamcharts.com/app/440900

Conan is very much a dead game. Its lost 68% off its entire player base a month after release. Its riddled with cheaters, exploits, bad gameplay, bugs you name it. It in no way can be compared to ARK.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TheGoodStuff said:

Thing is, they never were the top of the game. They were only so strong because they were highly efficient and unrivaled in the air. That shouldn't mean they get limited to the one thing most of them depend on. 

There is barely any variety to the fliers in this game as i keep saying. Like why nerf an area of the game that is so unpolished and lacking content(~10 flying creatures total), when there are many other ways they could've went about dealing with air abuse In pvp/pve. No one with with a life wants to be grinding for days just to obtain simple things in the game. I barely even play multiplayer for certain reasons and spend a lot of my time on ark solo. How much do i have to scale this games settings just for me to be able to play it with normal rates so i get some progression?!? Just makes no sense to me.

No, they always were. Pteranodon being the map-crosser default that people so used often that all the speed mounts you could get in the mean-time seemed pointless. Wanna go from the Snow to the South in less than 2 minutes? grab a Pteranodon. While this was more risky with the lower level birds, who did have to land eventually and weren't [Skip this part of the game] options,

The Quetzal and Anky mining is used on pretty much every server I've been on, because it gives results. Ankylos have terrible speed, and even with a Whip they can't climb most inclines. Paracers and Brontos COULD carry them, but they have problem traversing difficult terrain. So came the Pteranodon Mining, Argent Mining, and Quetzal Mining. Being able to go straight to the mountains where the best ores are, collecting them and venturing back down gets you way ahead in your game than anything. 

Even post-256 people just changed their Spd mounts to Weight mounts, and are doing the same thing while people rage and "quit".

Yeah, I had a suggestion about them reducing the number of rocks, trees and unclimbable inclines on parts of the map so reaching things by land is more considerable than choosing a flyer every time, but that didn't go through. Turns out they added even more rocks. Weird.

Like, if most of the metal nodes were in a spot Brontos, Paracers, and Ankylos could reach without getting stuck on everything, the need for birds might vanish, but as long as they fly, their use will never die.

I'm pretty sure 3,000 metal was supposed to be hard work, that an Industrial Forge wasn't something you just got in a few hours of flying around the map. Considering the metal-rich places have the most carnivores, such as the high north, the snow and foot-reachable mountains.

6 minutes ago, BulletForce said:
March 2017     -68.08% 15,967
February 2017      +4126.35%   53,402

http://steamcharts.com/app/440900

Conan is very much a dead game. Its lost 68% off its entire player base a month after release. Its riddled with cheaters, exploits, bad gameplay, bugs you name it. It in no way can be compared to ARK.

i 100% agree Conan devs have proven to tell us about all the update details so we can give them feedback

5 minutes ago, LilNastyGurl said:

Just to be fair ARK's steam reviews have been terrible and floating at "Mixed" for a good 5 months. They have an entire generation of whiners who neg every single game that isn't perfect on there anyway, and while that is a good way to promote change, in the end it's up to WC to change the game, and they don't change the game based on a couple hundred nobodies negging their game out of pettiness and spite. Most of the official testers with friends, or the thirsty boys from Server 1 who have Jat's ear can decide how to overturn a nerf or buff.

Take the Bronto nerf for example. Came out of nowhere. Despite the fact that Tasty Cakes were radically changed so invincible Level 300 brontos were no more, the Bronto was negged hard anyway in the wrong area (to the point where it barely whips anything if it's on a bad incline).

Not sure how its ability to whip things a little below it was a major exploit, or had anything to do with the Tasty Cake nerf. 

They haven't taken down CrossARK after all the complaining and negative reviews. Mostly because negging doesn't work as well as people thought.

And in the last couple days, the actual percentage has dropped quite a lot. I believe sometime last night after the patch, it'd dropped to 66% and it's at 57% at the current moment. At the very least, this should very clearly show that there's a lot of people that don't appreciate such an awkward process for "balancing" the game. Also, it's not people just people "negging out of spite" and actually, game developers very well should care about what all the "nobodies" that play their game think. You know, especially when they've specifically said that they want feedback. You know, one of the points if even having an early access. Just because devs don't always listen to their playerbase doesn't mean that people shouldn't voice their thoughts and opinions on it. The arguments and ideas presented should always be taken into consideration regardless of who came up with them.

With WCs months long jihad to rid these forums of anyone but their moles and those who agree with them about everything you can bet your life the agree/disagree % isn't anywhere near 90/40. the bulk of ark players don't even know these forums exist. A lot that do long ago stopped coming  due to fascistic moderation here. So what you get is what we see here, a handful of WC sycophants ranting against anyone who doesn't like a very bad change.

WC has made it purely impossible for themselves to get any legit feedback due to the huge sensitivity to words.

9 minutes ago, LilNastyGurl said:

No, they always were. Pteranodon being the map-crosser default that people so used often that all the speed mounts you could get in the mean-time seemed pointless. Wanna go from the Snow to the South in less than 2 minutes? grab a Pteranodon. While this was more risky with the lower level birds, who did have to land eventually and weren't [Skip this part of the game] options,

The Quetzal and Anky mining is used on pretty much every server I've been on, because it gives results. Ankylos have terrible speed, and even with a Whip they can't climb most inclines. Paracers and Brontos COULD carry them, but they have problem traversing difficult terrain. So came the Pteranodon Mining, Argent Mining, and Quetzal Mining. Being able to go straight to the mountains where the best ores are, collecting them and venturing back down gets you way ahead in your game than anything. 

Even post-256 people just changed their Spd mounts to Weight mounts, and are doing the same thing while people rage and "quit".

Yeah, I had a suggestion about them reducing the number of rocks, trees and unclimbable inclines on parts of the map so reaching things by land is more considerable than choosing a flyer every time, but that didn't go through. Turns out they added even more rocks. Weird.

Like, if most of the metal nodes were in a spot Brontos, Paracers, and Ankylos could reach without getting stuck on everything, the need for birds might vanish, but as long as they fly, their use will never die.

I'm pretty sure 3,000 metal was supposed to be hard work, that an Industrial Forge wasn't something you just got in a few hours of flying around the map. Considering the metal-rich places have the most carnivores, such as the high north, the snow and foot-reachable mountains.

a lot have quit the only reason im still on the fourms is because its EA and can still be fixed 

10 minutes ago, LilNastyGurl said:

Did you know in the real world a Quetzal is estimated to have been able to go 3 miles on one flap of it's wings? Write me a book about how it should have to land every 50 yards due to bad stamina and how realistic that is...

2 minutes ago, JeanII said:

With WCs months long jihad to rid these forums of anyone but their moles and those who agree with them about everything you can bet your life the agree/disagree % isn't anywhere near 90/40. the bulk of ark players don't even know these forums exist. A lot that do long ago stopped coming  due to fascistic moderation here. So what you get is what we see here, a handful of WC sycophants ranting against anyone who doesn't like a very bad change.

WC has made it purely impossible for themselves to get any legit feedback due to the huge sensitivity to words.

100% Reddit is where most of the Players with over 2000+ hrs  talk after  jats "Adminabuse" 

1 minute ago, JeanII said:

Did you know in the real world a Quetzal is estimated to have been able to go 3 miles on one flap of it's wings? Write me a book about how it should have to land every 50 yards due to bad stamina and how realistic that is...

Ok well if you want to talk about real world. Lets talk about the Quetzl with several tonnes of metal on its back, or the Quetzal with a giant big metal box sitting on its back. It would not be very aerodynamic or very light.

3 minutes ago, BulletForce said:

Ok well if you want to talk about real world. Lets talk about the Quetzl with several tonnes of metal on its back, or the Quetzal with a giant big metal box sitting on its back. It would not be very aerodynamic or very light.

in the real world lets talk about  Rock golems where can  i find them?

Just now, BulletForce said:

I don't want to talk about the real world or anything else with you. Go put in an application to work for WC or create a modded map, win a contest and leave the rest of us alone! Blowing up this forum won't get you the job you're looking for!

3 minutes ago, JeanII said:

Pretty realistic considering the Quetzalcoatl we have now is twice as huge as the RL Quetzal, and it can carry a platform saddle (with anything the building limitations can allow, such as giant metal boxes), and not die to a shotgun round to the eyesocket, can carry dinos the size of mammoths, and lovingly obeys somebody who shoots it with tranquiling guns and sensually feeds it drugs and food while its asleep.

Just now, LilNastyGurl said:

Pretty realistic considering the Quetzalcoatl we have now is twice as huge as the RL Quetzal, and it can carry a platform saddle (with anything the building limitations can allow, such as giant metal boxes), and not die to a shotgun round to the eyesocket, can carry dinos the size of mammoths, and lovingly obeys somebody who shoots it with tranquiling guns and sensually feeds it drugs and food while its asleep.

You're wrong about their size but I'd not expect a forum warrior to look it up.

1 minute ago, LilNastyGurl said:

lol thats PVE PVP you need 100% impirt qutalzs

• Volunteer Moderator

Actually, paleontologists have a split on if it could even fly at all due to its size. There's people that argue it flew fast, ones that state it did slow deliberate flights, some that believe it never did powered flight (the flapping of wings thing that you speak of) and some that believe it never flew at all.

3 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Actually, paleontologists have a split on if it could even fly at all due to its size. There's people that argue it flew fast, ones that state it did slow deliberate flights, some that believe it never did powered flight (the flapping of wings thing that you speak of) and some that believe it never flew at all.

i prefer to think that it atleast could fly as due to there size the blood needed for its "wings" could be used better with out needing to eat more to keep the blood pumping in a limb that was no use

1 minute ago, ciabattaroll said:

You can find Robert Bakker and a the rest of his field arguing about just about anything. But no animal in our fossil record with wings this proportion to their bodies have been flightless that we can prove.

11 minutes ago, JeanII said:

You can find Robert Bakker and a the rest of his field arguing about just about anything. But no animal in our fossil record with wings this proportion to their bodies have been flightless that we can prove.

also bees can fly :D

"

According to all known laws
of aviation,

there is no way a bee
should be able to fly.

Its wings are too small to get
its fat little body off the ground.

The bee, of course, flies anyway

because bees don't care
what humans think is impossible."

why we need the bee movie! @ciabattaroll

• Volunteer Moderator

Technically we can't prove that any of them can or can't fly at all. We make these assumptions based on what we know of creatures in our time and make these conclusions based on that knowledge.

2 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Technically we can't prove that any of them can or can't fly at all. We make these assumptions based on what we know of creatures in our time and make these conclusions based on that knowledge.

We know that an eagle can fly all day long without flapping it's wings at all. Just soaring on wind currents. At a speed that much higher than one would think.

I don't get the nerf, its plain stupid you are so slow arround the map.

And as for pvp server well instead of nerfing it just buff or implement something new like a better turret against flyers or a turret that has a long range that shoots a bird and that one will have 100 % movespeed no matter what

Being slow arround the map makes the game mad boring. I always believe they would implement an engine that you could attach to your boat and drive much quicker with fuel #believe

Archived