Flyer Nerf Appreciation Thread

BulletForce

14 minutes ago, Carcajou said:

have you ear about League of Legend.

No, nope never heard of it. NVM it's not like it not in the top 3 on steam. But great example a free to play game with a few constrains. Because some heroes out do others and it's a nerfing mess. Also player experience. Doesn't that apply to ark do some bird will be better with the choice of breeding good stats and then pumping speed. Also if the player is terrible at using flyer it doesn't really matter. I'm all for smashing bugs like quetzal wieght. Cuz that game breaking in one run a player could metal out a base breaking PvP. But isn't the issue being that flyer can pick off players of their mount. But I think player are more mad at the fact that the devs didn't properly test the Nerf. They can't even explain how brutal it is to get eggs or milk in SE.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I run two 75 man clustered servers and I was in this for the long haul with the new patch and the flyer nerfs & few other change.

The only thing I like about the new update is the New UI I think it looks fresh & has some good benefits. I have not had chance to look at new Dino yet 

I am considering calling it a day for Ark.  

Just now, BulletForce said:

Correct. This is not a joke, not a drill. This patch is the real deal and people are just going to have to get used to trying new things, riding new dinos and doing things differently.

Devs have already said they are going to tweak the current system of the update based off of player feedback. So, no actually.

130 people who posted on this thread. How many are actually against the change? I would say about 90 against 40 love it from what i can see.

Now you want to know the funniest thing about this thread to me it is a lot of my friends who quit because of the flyer change are like we despise the changes having to walk around the map are now playing rust or Conan. Are Conan and Rust flying games? am i missing something?

3motylord
Arkasaurio
AndrewLB
Airthrow
AngryMan
AlexMalix
Argleksander
BulletForce
Burnz
Baron334
Bushybeard
Bugg
Bolty
Bujhm
ciabattaroll
Carcajou
CavernCrawler
Crows
Currahee
Caedu
Dreads
DmpTrkDrvr
Daedros
Danouk
Deanmrd
DarthaNyan
DragonRedDawn
DeadlyxTwinky21
Ep1cM0nk3y
EvoNeiko
EleLL
EpicSwagg420
EridianX
FruittyTutti
froudeybrand
FusionSkydweller
Fnier
fruitofvictory
Facebunz
GrumpyxKitten
GideonHidolka
GigathisGigathat
Harrist14 
Hairyman
Hazmatt99
Havokpaintedwolf
H4L
Haeken
Isho
IllegalSeagull5
Jonopeo
Jasperan
jcmeyer5
Jrminot
JackpotMonkey
Kaoslion
kithylin
Klemo
Knightos
LadyofHats
LilNastyGurl
LTLuke
Lumitesi
Musketeer
MavisCruet
MaximumCat
Malorne
NinjaSkeelz
NotCheese
ncola7
Nowtarfu
OtterSki
ODINZOMBIE
OnePotatoChip
OffskiGodski
psychosaurus409 
powerstuck
Pogue1995 
Pandora
pursegcn
QuantumReaper
rororoxor 
Razzly
Rhedosaurus
ranger1presents
[Rev]Sipowicz
Sneakers 
Sevaver
StationOG 
SlipperySquid 
Sphere 
scarletblade5
Seven777
Sh4rk
Sigin
SliggyT
Smash
sshamm
SofaSamurai
Shrekasaurus
SwishPapaSweets
straafe
silentbowler
TR-8R
tidalblade
thedogowl
Thatch
Thunrida
tiryanabell
TyranntX
TheLastNerb 
TheGoodStuff
TheBlackAngelDEMON
TheHarbinger1911
TheLordTailfin
Titan696
Unseen
Voidstar
Vladson
Velarius
Volcano637
WolfXWK 
Waremtae
Whirlybird
XtulkusX
xSILVERxWOLFx
xVampyricx
Zergling963
Zederia    
Z0mbie

4 minutes ago, EridianX said:

Devs have already said they are going to tweak the current system of the update based off of player feedback. So, no actually.

No. They have said they are going to look at it again in the next few days to see if anything is unbalanced. My recommendation would be reduction in Quetzal carrying weight.

Just now, BulletForce said:

No. They have said they are going to look at it again in the next few days to see if anything is unbalanced. My recommendation would be reduction in Quetzal carrying weight.

Once again you show yourself to be flat out wrong. Jat has said on twitter that the update should be about 2 weeks or so from console and during that time they will look at feedback.

1 minute ago, BulletForce said:

I'm in agreement for lower health, weight, and speed gained per level nearly across the board. Tapejaras and Pelagorns aren't nearly as heinous as the high speed Pteras, and should probably not be treated with the same hammer.

I'm also all on board with a comparatively much more minor nerf than what we got, and bumping the required saddles for all fliers an additional 10 levels. Want a valuable bird? Gotta wait, but you'll have that bird.

Just now, Rhedosaurus said:

I'm in agreement for lower health, weight, and speed gained per level nearly across the board. Tapejaras and Pelagorns aren't nearly as heinous as the high speed Pteras, and should probably not be treated with the same hammer.

I'm also all on board with a comparatively much more minor nerf than what we got, and bumping the required saddles for all fliers an additional 10 levels. Want a valuable bird? Gotta wait, but you'll have that bird.

Increasing the level requirements won't make a difference for balance. If a player knows what they are doing they can get to 70+ in a few hours. The issue that needs to be addressed is viability of land dinos vs flyers. Previously land dinos had no viability apart from a token few, this patch readdressed that issue and made land dinos once again a viable alternative. That is a great thing and should be commended.

1 hour ago, pursegcn said:

By adapt u just mean still fly but take forever to get anywhere? That's all you mean! How does it do anything but annoy and waste peoples time? 

Because this is the first step. Now with flyers flat lined, they can see that they were actually bandaid fixes to a larger issue. The ground wasn't inviting because of inherent flaws in the game design and in the power creep which left the Legacy animals pretty static. I've said before in other threads that there are plenty of nodes closer to most players than they think, but, admittedly, that was from my Prim + perspective, where metal (iron) isn't as critical. So I thought about it and I figured that more generous metal node locations would be a decent start. Perhaps flyers wouldn't be so paramount if you didn't feel as if you had to cross the map to get acceptable amounts of metal/obsidian. Along with other ideas such as giving the Ank the Beaver/Theri treatment, increasing its speed and general buffs to most land animals' speed, weight and stamina, and I think we'd be making progress. 

Then we can start to reexamine flyers, find their niche and allow them to flourish in it, instead of invading the niche of everything else. 

1 minute ago, BulletForce said:

Increasing the level requirements won't make a difference for balance. If a player knows what they are doing they can get to 70+ in a few hours. The issue that needs to be addressed is viability of land dinos vs flyers. Previously land dinos had no viability apart from a token few, this patch readdressed that issue and made land dinos once again a viable alternative. That is a great thing and should be commended.

Except land dinos have a lot of viability in a lot of roles. Many land dinos are gatherers for different resources- and a lot of them become obsolete as you progress. The reason "so few" dinos are viable is because there are only so many actual roles you need a dino for. Even then there are options that you can pick from even when you're at max level. Flyers have their own purpose- mainly getting you from point A to B. They're transport. Yes, there were nerfs that were needed, but they should have only been aimed at trying to keep them out of other roles they shouldn't be in, not making them really bad at theirs.

15 hours ago, LilNastyGurl said:

This nerf is interfering with the lives of youtube streamers! THEY NEED TO FEED THEIR KIDS! HOW ARE THEY GOING TO FEED THEIR KIDS IF THEY CAN'T REACH A CERTAIN PART OF THE MAP IN 2 MINUTES? 

i must admit this was pretty good. 

I think you are pretty despicable person. I was strongly anticipating you to go full salty on that flying nerf. Never lucky

2 hours ago, SliggyT said:

Considering just how badly the reviews on steam for ark have gotten in the past few days

Just to be fair ARK's steam reviews have been terrible and floating at "Mixed" for a good 5 months. They have an entire generation of whiners who neg every single game that isn't perfect on there anyway, and while that is a good way to promote change, in the end it's up to WC to change the game, and they don't change the game based on a couple hundred nobodies negging their game out of pettiness and spite. Most of the official testers with friends, or the thirsty boys from Server 1 who have Jat's ear can decide how to overturn a nerf or buff.

Take the Bronto nerf for example. Came out of nowhere. Despite the fact that Tasty Cakes were radically changed so invincible Level 300 brontos were no more, the Bronto was negged hard anyway in the wrong area (to the point where it barely whips anything if it's on a bad incline).

Not sure how its ability to whip things a little below it was a major exploit, or had anything to do with the Tasty Cake nerf. 

They haven't taken down CrossARK after all the complaining and negative reviews. Mostly because negging doesn't work as well as people thought.

28 minutes ago, BulletForce said:

that would be nice that means you wont be able to take rock golems/gigas to unreachable bases making PVP unplayable :D

20 hours ago, LilNastyGurl said:

Cry some more.

Just because they took your precious EZ mode tames power down doesn't mean the game's total garbage. They'll scale it up a little later on, like how they did with the Swamp Fever fiasco, but I think it is safe to say that God Flyers won't be the top of the game anymore, PvE or PvP

Thing is, they never were the top of the game. They were only so strong because they were highly efficient and unrivaled in the air. That shouldn't mean they get limited to the one thing most of them depend on. 

There is barely any variety to the fliers in this game as i keep saying. Like why nerf an area of the game that is so unpolished and lacking content(~10 flying creatures total), when there are many other ways they could've went about dealing with air abuse In pvp/pve. No one with with a life wants to be grinding for days just to obtain simple things in the game. I barely even play multiplayer for certain reasons and spend a lot of my time on ark solo. How much do i have to scale this games settings just for me to be able to play it with normal rates so i get some progression?!? Just makes no sense to me.

Archived