Flyer Nerf Appreciation Thread

BulletForce

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SlipperySquid said:

I appreciate it however the stam was over nerfed or more then likely i do not understand math. My birds went from 1950 base stam down to 547.5 that is well over a 50% nerf unless they were meant to say a 150% nerf then that makes more sense.

Other then that its pretty awesome.

The stamina nerf was much needed. Before you rarely ever needed to land on a high end flyer. 

34 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

Level 10 can fly from isle to mainland and back just fine... you are exaggerating.

I love the nerf so far, BUT i dont like taking away ability to level up speed (even if just a bit). Artificial restrictions take away from sandbox.

I'm not exaggerating. I literally tested it just flying from my base.

lQ1ahUF.png

The red line represents how far 57 points of stamina can take you. I cannot make the trip going east-to-west. Obviously I can make the trip going north-to-south, I'm just making a show of the line.

A level 10 will have significantly fewer points than 57, obviously. What are you suppose to do with a less than max level ptera? I'm not asking for me, I'm asking for all the new players who don't have level 400, 100+ generation pedigree pteras. There's no adapting to this for new players - they just can't use flyers at all. Flyers are now exclusively for people who managed to breed exceptional specimens before the nerf. 

At first I was kinda annoyed about all the levels etc I lost on my birds and hope this doesn't happen when I go out and tame replacements since those guys are now fairly useless (maybe not still trying to figure things out) The main thing that is bugging me is how much lag my nvidia geforce gtx 960 4gb Gddr5 2x Windforce OC edition graphics card is now getting and some drops disapear into the ground. Before the patch I was getting 40 to 60fps now between 1 and 20 fps the majority of the time! Have dropped settings back a bit and updating nvidia drivers to see if that helps.

Honestly I did get to see the equus briefly but couldn't work out how to tame them as would run up and hit e but some grey writing came up that I couldn't read due to lag/the horse bolting!

Oh well guess I have to work out new ways of doing things!

43 minutes ago, BulletForce said:

Dragons were ridiculously strong and superseded pretty much all of the land dinos for most roles. They needed to be cut down to size.

did you just say Dragons were ridiculously strong?  I don't know why else a mythical creature would be in a game otherwise.  If dragons weren't supposed to be strong they shouldn't be in the game.

My biggest complaint is that this huge grind fest just got slowed waaaaaaay down.  I'm not complaining about the game being grindy, I'm loving it, I've loved almost all 550 hours I've played, but putting in caps and insane stam nerfs that make the game more tedious is not a great way to go about trying to fix flyers for pvp. I play pve so all this does is make my trips to the volcano take 6.5 mins on a ptera, and make the 4 wyvs I am an hour from raising close to worthless. 

Dunno I'm hoping they will tweak flyers, because they are pretty close to useless right now.

1 hour ago, BulletForce said:

Flying dinos have been OP in this game right since the beginning but now finally at long last balance has been restored to the world. They are no longer the instant win, supersonic jets of the dino world. No longer the easy mode of transport and no longer the only viable way to move resources around. They are now in line with the other dinos. This change will make PVP combat and raiding far more interesting and varied from the stale meta we have been used to for ages.

The devs deserve a round of applause for their courage in pushing through this change despite the bitter whining of players used to playing in easy mode particularly PVE players. It can't have been easy to go ahead with this given the vocal minorities on this forum preaching for the last few weeks about the end of the world. Well done devs!

I honestly think you are certifiably insane in stating this. This is the worst patch that we've ever had to ark in all the years it's been running. Fliers are completely useless now.

Are you even aware the massive number of people that are already rage-quitting because of it?

We should be standing up as a community and demanding they remove and roll-back this change instead of applauding it.

You are not helping at all.

1 minute ago, Sphere said:

I think I know why they put the game on sale alongside this patch. Because they will need new players after this.

While I agree mostly with the nerf, I know a ton of others don't. I feel like there might be a lot too this... people HATE losing things, but if they never had to begin with, it's so much easier to cope.

I've only played around with it a short time, but it's not as bad as I thought it'd be. It already makes the map feel bigger for me.

Sometimes I used to go out without any weapons, I knew I could fly directly to my landing spot and wanted maximum carrying capacity. I know I won't be able to do that anymore. I'll always need to be prepared to defend myself.

I think I might like it?

51 minutes ago, 3mptylord said:

... I didn't ask for how to make the trip, I asked what's a new player suppose to do with a level 10 pteranodon. If my over-levelled (heck, overpowered) pteranodon cannot make a 30 seconds flight, what is a pteranodon with 100 stamina supposed to do? 

Believe it or not, I'm not complaining that I've been nerfed - I'm concerned for what new players are suppose to do. 

Maybe tame some dodos,  level up to bolas, and find a good bird.. that was one of the main issues with pteras, ppl got "poopy" ones and just cut out much of the early game.. you don't need a ptera right out of the gate,  flyers should be end game material..

3 minutes ago, kithylin said:

I honestly think you are certifiably insane in stating this. This is the worst patch that we've ever had to ark in all the years it's been running. Fliers are completely useless now.

Are you even aware the massive number of people that are already rage-quitting because of it?

We should be standing up as a community and demanding they remove and roll-back this change instead of applauding it.

You are not helping at all.

Everybody's entitled to their opinion, and there are plenty of threads shouting the patch down. In fact, having played the game without flyers (unofficial), I'd not mind if they removed rideable flyers from the game outright. Just because you, or even 90% of players disagree with the change, doesn't mean the 10% that like it shouldn't be able to voice their opinion. That's the whole point of a forum.

1 hour ago, Currahee said:

I've only played around with it a short time, but it's not as bad as I thought it'd be. It already makes the map feel bigger for me.

Sometimes I used to go out without any weapons, I knew I could fly directly to my landing spot and wanted maximum carrying capacity. I know I won't be able to do that anymore. I'll always need to be prepared to defend myself.

I think I might like it?

good luck "defending" yourself against the already OP microraptors

Archived