Flyer Nerf Appreciation Thread

BulletForce

Flying dinos have been OP in this game right since the beginning but now finally at long last balance has been restored to the world. They are no longer the instant win, supersonic jets of the dino world. No longer the easy mode of transport and no longer the only viable way to move resources around. They are now in line with the other dinos. This change will make PVP combat and raiding far more interesting and varied from the stale meta we have been used to for ages.

The devs deserve a round of applause for their courage in pushing through this change despite the bitter whining of players used to playing in easy mode particularly PVE players. It can't have been easy to go ahead with this given the vocal minorities on this forum preaching for the last few weeks about the end of the world. Well done devs!

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, BulletForce said:

The devs deserve a round of applause for their courage in pushing through this change despite the bitter whining of players used to playing in easy mode particularly PVE players. It can't have been easy to go ahead with this given the vocal minorities on this forum preaching for the last few weeks about the end of the world. Well done devs!

I have no problem with nerfing, but PVE wise, all it adds is an annoyance for the player and no challenge at all. All i have to do is find someones base to land in and regen to get from point A to B... In the end, the Environtment in PVE was never any threat to the players, not even after this nerf... Pointless nerf PVE wise.

2 minutes ago, Isho said:

I have no problem with nerfing, but PVE wise, all it adds is an annoyance for the player and no challenge at all. All i have to do is find someones base to land in and regen to get from point A to B... In the end, the Environtment in PVE was never any threat to the players, not even after this nerf... Pointless nerf PVE wise.

Yep. It's not like we'll stop flying places. It's just going to waste a lot more time and piss everyone off any time they have to travel. Solely annoying, it doesn't make anything harder 

9 minutes ago, Sneakers said:

Flyer nerf was very poorly thought out and even worse implementation, I just lost all my baby wyverns and my main wyvern and my main argent because getting milk is now impossible, way to destroy an entire facet (selling point) of the game /SE I suggest roll this back and go back to the drawing board

Dragons were ridiculously strong and superseded pretty much all of the land dinos for most roles. They needed to be cut down to size.

4 minutes ago, 3mptylord said:

I'm all for nerfing, but my previously level 400 pteranodon with close to 50 points in Stamina can barely make the flight to herbivore island from the mainland with the new values.

What's a new player's level 10 ptera going to achieve? Taking off before having to land again? 

Use a boat or build a raft half way between to land and recharge on. Other dinos cant get across so easily, why should birds?

... I didn't ask for how to make the trip, I asked what's a new player suppose to do with a level 10 pteranodon. If my over-levelled (heck, overpowered) pteranodon cannot make a 30 seconds flight, what is a pteranodon with 100 stamina supposed to do? 

Believe it or not, I'm not complaining that I've been nerfed - I'm concerned for what new players are suppose to do. 

EDIT: 

lQ1ahUF.png

My pteranodon has 57 natural points in Stamina, which used to be 2010 and is now 577.5. The above is an approximation of how far you can fly with 500 stamina. My pedigree ptera can barely cover a single map square, what is a new player suppose to do? Pteras are intended to be an early game mount - level 35 saddle and tamed with dodo kibble. 

XFe5piM.jpg

4 minutes ago, 3mptylord said:

... I didn't ask for how to make the trip, I asked what's a new player suppose to do with a level 10 pteranodon. If my over-levelled (heck, overpowered) pteranodon cannot make a 30 seconds flight, what is a pteranodon with 100 stamina supposed to do? 

Believe it or not, I'm not complaining that I've been nerfed - I'm concerned for what new players are suppose to do. 

They will learn and adapt like the all the whingers on here. 

Flyer nerf is good but this takes the piss. Awful update. They can nerf them but flying tames are next to useless to use now. Awful awful update.

Are they going to nerf all speed dinos like Raptors etc? Because they should the way this update is set out to be. Disgusting awful update. If this makes to console which means the update is final. I'm going to step aside and stop playing the game. So are all my friends that I've talked to. Flyers should rule the sky and land dinos rule the land. Now flyers are useless.

18 minutes ago, 3mptylord said:

I'm all for nerfing, but my previously level 400 pteranodon with close to 50 points in Stamina can barely make the flight to herbivore island from the mainland with the new values.

What's a new player's level 10 ptera going to achieve? Taking off before having to land again? 

Level 10 can fly from isle to mainland and back just fine... you are exaggerating.

I love the nerf so far, BUT i dont like taking away ability to level up speed (even if just a bit). Artificial restrictions take away from sandbox.

Archived