Everything You Want To Know About v256!

Jen

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Veritas1980 said:

we've lost levels on our flyers. what can you do with a wyvern that has 500 stamina? damned near nothing. To raise a wyvern, you need to trap wild females to get milk. to do this, you need to have a flyer with decent speed to outrun it and get it into the trap so you can put it down with tranq arrows. and why would someone want to tame a useless creature now? may as well remove wyverns entirely. Now the only purpose they serve is to be a nuisance to players.

You didnt lose any levels, dont be ignorant now. 

Before we had the wyvern trap, we had plenty of other methods, but I'm pretty sure you still can trap it without the use of a high speed flier as they often fly near the edge of the desert. Or you can use bolas. Or you can kill Alphas. Or you can use your imagination. 

12 minutes ago, Veritas1980 said:

I bought the game soon after it was available, there was no such history. Also, there is no precedent for this ridiculous over-nerf. Your argument carries no weight.

Honestly, that is your own fault. Did you ever purchased a car without checking it first? Did you ever purchased a brand new release of a smartphone before reading about it? Well, that should apply to games itself as well and that's the whole concept of people getting frustrated with games such as NMS, Dayz, etc. Do you really know this developer? What else have they developed? Was it good? They never developed anything? Hmm.. maybe is a good idea to wait and see some reviews, no? 

Nearly 4k hours in and i have had my monies worth, I love this game.

BUT

Wow, we have been loyal through out the bugs, the disappearing dinos. the lag, the ROLLBACKS and now we get this done to us on purpose? There was no need for new inventory screen but I could get used to that but the flyers nerf???????? Before I go any further with the core issue of the flyers let me just say regarding the inventory screen: 

It looks old and outdated and very much like the original Resident Evil UI, But I can get used to that.

We work on a base 10 counting system, they were rows of 5, easy, now they are rows of 6, i have to count stuff. But i can even get used to that 

When accessing, say, the chemistry bench for example, you are presented with a item-less crafting screen, and you must click on it's inventory tab to view contents BUT, and it's a big but, why? You can craft from the inventory section anyway so all you have done is made me have to click a tab as soon as i want to look inside something. No mater how pointless this is I can still live with that.

There was nothing wrong with your old UI please return it or the option for it. I assume this "overhaul" was to help justify keeping hold of the insanely long "alpha" game status time frame you have been working within.

Now..... Why, oh why, have you killed the birds? Was it a lame attempt to "optimise" by simply making it nearly impossible to fly into un-rendered turrets? 

Let me assure you that all active on my server, even right now, are hoping this is an Aprils fools day joke. 

I mean you have taken all customisation out of them for a start. What can you spec into? you have 6 fields left and it isn't going to be oxygen so out of the 5 reaming fields it wont be weight because the birds are now so painfully slow you will not be carrying with them and it wont be damage because you don't have enough stamina to kill a dillo. So health or stamina, well, as the stamina gain is so low you wont want to put it into stamina but then you really cant do anything without the stamina so a few points in health and rest in stamina. Great RP, awesome customisation. 

Let us all remember that flyers have been around for ages so why do this why now wild card?

Also now only 1 piece of c4 per tame and turrets target c4.............. surely this was enough of a counter measure for suicide runs?

My Quetz can not make the whole distance of one map grid square, but the dossier claims otherwise. its the centre map but 1 grid square? Is it ill? Poorly lungs perhaps?

My Qutez (all of them) is useless, it can not leave my base or it will drown and was high level so there will be no chance of adding the extra stamina needed.

And even if I could, who wants to mine like this? 

And no more capturing Quetz with Quetz either, but as you don't need/want one any more, no big deal.

Also are you planing to limit the wild points flyers can have in the speed stat to be representative of the fact they CAN'T have any speed? At least then we might get one with stamina.  

Why have you done this? It is vile and offensive.

And the animals new noises? Pointless

Oh dear, oh dear, this is so sad. And why shrink vaults? Many bases were made around or even with vaults, but if you insist on shrinking them why not do the furnace too? 

I love you guys and you do this to us for no reason.

Who wants to crawl through the sky at a snails pace and never dare fly high because you will come crashing down? Not me.  

8 minutes ago, baenneburrito said:

Dragons have been nerfed to the point that they're completely useless. 

Flyers in general are insanely slow. 

The new gui sucks and I'd like an option to have the original. 

This is without a doubt the most disappointing patch I've experienced. 

Disappointing is the wrong word i would say what is the word WC uses... Ahh yes Controversial.

Everyone i know hates the changes however they went from 1 extreme to the other now people know what its like to play the game with super poopty flier which honestly was the complaint every other day if those same people were not complaining about whipe hypue!!!!!!!!

At the end of the day everything is subject to change and i 100% can see them changing base speed values of flyers. Hell i can even see them giving them a bit more stamina.

49 minutes ago, mandinga said:

It occurs to me that all of us who are dissatisfied and feel cheated, we can change the vote on the steam sale page. Guys .. we pay their salaries, we have to demand . 

really? How much do you pay for the animation supervisor? You know I'm looking for a new place and was wondering what the competition is paying. 

Stupid people... You probably say that just because you pay your taxes the police force works for you. 

2 minutes ago, SlipperySquid said:

Disappointing is the wrong word i would say what is the word WC uses... Ahh yes Controversial.

Everyone i know hates the changes however they went from 1 extreme to the other now people know what its like to play the game with super poopty flier which honestly was the complaint every other day if those same people were not complaining about whipe hypue!!!!!!!!

At the end of the day everything is subject to change and i 100% can see them changing base speed values of flyers. Hell i can even see them giving them a bit more stamina.

get out of here with your logic and reason! We like pitchforks.. YAR!

But yes, it has already been confirmed by the balancing devs that it will be changed. I actually can see the fliers having their speed levels back, but a hardcore cap. of maybe up to 50% (and making the increase per level very, very expensive)

52 minutes ago, carpediembr said:

You didnt lose any levels, dont be ignorant now. 

Before we had the wyvern trap, we had plenty of other methods, but I'm pretty sure you still can trap it without the use of a high speed flier as they often fly near the edge of the desert. Or you can use bolas. Or you can kill Alphas. Or you can use your imagination. 

Honestly, that is your own fault. Did you ever purchased a car without checking it first? Did you ever purchased a brand new release of a smartphone before reading about it? Well, that should apply to games itself as well and that's the whole concept of people getting frustrated with games such as NMS, Dayz, etc. Do you really know this developer? What else have they developed? Was it good? They never developed anything? Hmm.. maybe is a good idea to wait and see some reviews, no? 

Those other methods are far too dangerous. it will just fly away when you get enough arrows in it for it to flee, and since they nerfed our fliers you'll never catch it. 

Also, how is it my own fault that there was not enough data to evaluate at purchase? you are expecting me to research thin air? again, there is no precedent for this mega nerf. this is what I am upset with. Otherwise, the game has progressed nicely. I am not saying its a bad game. I am saying they made a poor decision with this patch.

1 minute ago, Veritas1980 said:

Those other methods are far too dangerous. it will just fly away when you get enough arrows in it for it to flee, and since they nerfed our fliers you'll never catch it. 

Also, how is it my own fault that there was not enough data to evaluate at purchase? you are expecting me to research thin air? again, there is no precedent for this mega nerf. this is what I am upset with. Otherwise, the game has progressed nicely. I am not saying its a bad game. I am saying they made a poor decision with this patch.

So because is too dangerous is bad? Well.... Let's nerf all the bosses, then right?

It is your own fault because you decided to purchase a unfinished product that you had no idea how it would end. They made several poor decisions in my opinion and others opinion. But they believe it is for the best, and after all, it's their game.

1 minute ago, carpediembr said:

So because is too dangerous is bad? Well.... Let's nerf all the bosses, then right?

It is your own fault because you decided to purchase a unfinished product that you had no idea how it would end. They made several poor decisions in my opinion and others opinion. But they believe it is for the best, and after all, it's their game.

1: if its too dangerous to succeed, then there's no point in trying. this has absolutely nothing to do with it being an unfinished product. That line of reasoning has zero to do with this discussion. The point of a game is to have fun. If the difficulty is such that it robs the game of all fun, then there's no point in playing it.

2: you're missing my point. AGAIN,, I am not saying its a bad game, I am not saying I regret buying it and getting hundreds of hours of play. I am saying this particular patch with the mega-nerf is a slap in the face to the players. Their belief that it is "best" is purely conjecture on your part. this nerf stands out among all other changes in the past. its a drastic change to a much-loved and oft-used aspect of the game. for many, this renders it pointless, your opinion or mine notwithstanding. 

Just now, Veritas1980 said:

1: if its too dangerous to succeed, then there's no point in trying. this has absolutely nothing to do with it being an unfinished product. That line of reasoning has zero to do with this discussion. The point of a game is to have fun. If the difficulty is such that it robs the game of all fun, then there's no point in playing it.

2: you're missing my point. AGAIN,, I am not saying its a bad game, I am not saying I regret buying it and getting hundreds of hours of play. I am saying this particular patch with the mega-nerf is a slap in the face to the players. Their belief that it is "best" is purely conjecture on your part. this nerf stands out among all other changes in the past. its a drastic change to a much-loved and oft-used aspect of the game. for many, this renders it pointless, your opinion or mine notwithstanding. 

1. At no point I joined the idea of too dangerous with unfinished product. You can see clearly I separated in two different paragraphs. If it's too dangerous to succeed, we should remove all the medium and hard mode from the bosses... Leave only the easy, right? 

2. I'm not saying you're saying this is a bad game. I'm saying that this game is under development and we should expect drastic changes to ANY aspect of the game. If you do not agree with what the developers made to their game, you shouldnt have purchased the game before it is finished. 

1 minute ago, carpediembr said:

1. At no point I joined the idea of too dangerous with unfinished product. You can see clearly I separated in two different paragraphs. If it's too dangerous to succeed, we should remove all the medium and hard mode from the bosses... Leave only the easy, right? 

2. I'm not saying you're saying this is a bad game. I'm saying that this game is under development and we should expect drastic changes to ANY aspect of the game. If you do not agree with what the developers made to their game, you shouldnt have purchased the game before it is finished. 

I didn't say you were joining the two ideas together I am saying the idea of it being an unfinished game is irrelevant to the conversation as a whole. most games these days receive patches and content updates. my entire complaint, and that of our fellow players, be they articulate or more uncouth in their expression, is that this flyer nerf was too heavy it didn't contribute to balance, it merely skewed it in the opposite direction.

I think that if the devs are actually interested in balance, then they need to perform an immediate wipe on all official servers, placing everyone back to grid 1 and seeing how this new way of playing the game actually works. In the interest of balance. That is if they really care about balance, not alpha tribe tears.

7 minutes ago, Veritas1980 said:

agreed, I don't like being called ignorant. I am presently at work, so I cannot check on this to be sure. If someone can do so and verify, please do.

A poster on steam forum stated his tamed 189 leveled to 200 was now down to 173 with only 7 levels, so he lost more than was removed, as it were.

Got to admit.  Fliers needed a nerf.  When you wanted to transport large amounts of goods across the map the "go to" dino ... Quetzal.  Not Bronto, not Paracer, not Steggo, not Rex or even Parasaur.... Quetzal.

This nerf is too much.  Restore the ability to train speed.  Restore some of the stamina.  If you're going to nerf something, nerf weight.  Make overloaded fliers use tons of stamina.

Dear Devs,

Well, I may as well add my voice to the 'flyer nerf', considering it pretty much destroyed the game.  Hopefully you will listen to all the feedback in this thread and reverse this decision as it's pretty much made flyers completely useless; however from what I've learned, you don't seem to listen to complaints from us common plebe's that play the game. 

Prior to 256, I could use my Quetzal, or a high level Ptera to make it from the south coast to the volcano on our little PvE server.  Now it takes four times as long, plus 10 landings on the way across the map.  Why?  I don't get a lot of time to play games, with work and life in general.  When I do, I really don't want to spend the majority of the time hopping from one landing spot to another for a half hour.  It was hard enough to solo play and collect enough to do anything worthwhile before this latest patch.  Now?  It's pretty much unplayable.

I suppose I'll continue to log in, to feed my dinos for a little while, but if it doesn't change for the better soon, I see no further point in supporting this game.

But then again, you already have my money...  I suppose that's all that matters to you now.

3 minutes ago, Tibrogargan said:

Got to admit.  Fliers needed a nerf.  When you wanted to transport large amounts of goods across the map the "go to" dino ... Quetzal.  Not Bronto, not Paracer, not Steggo, not Rex or even Parasaur.... Quetzal.

This nerf is too much.  Restore the ability to train speed.  Restore some of the stamina.  If you're going to nerf something, nerf weight.  Make overloaded fliers use tons of stamina.

They already were slowed down a lot and used up stamina. I'm not seeing how they were OP except when used in PVP covered in metal, and that's easy to fix - remove the quetz platform saddle. With the existing rules now you cannot tame a quetz anymore. So the theory is that they intend to wipe, but want to drive the alpha tribes away first so there won't be so much flaming. Not caring as not in an alpha tribe, and played PVE anyway.

22 minutes ago, Probitas said:

A poster on steam forum stated his tamed 189 leveled to 200 was now down to 173 with only 7 levels, so he lost more than was removed, as it were.

The theory I've seen (not sure if there is any dev input or other hard evidence of this yet) is that levels gained in speed through taming or breeding were removed but not refunded.  Since many people specifically look for speed as a trait for some of their flyers, removing these levels and not returning the points results in birds that are lower level than they had been.

I'd like to see a) a response from Wildcard on this and b) an answer to what will happen if they revert the changes at some point...can those levels be restored (I am guessing not, but am happy to be proven wrong).

52 minutes ago, carpediembr said:

really? How much do you pay for the animation supervisor? You know I'm looking for a new place and was wondering what the competition is paying. 

Stupid people... You probably say that just because you pay your taxes the police force works for you. 

sorry not talk whit stupid people 

3 minutes ago, Tanek said:

The theory I've seen (not sure if there is any dev input or other hard evidence of this yet) is that levels gained in speed through taming or breeding were removed but not refunded.  Since many people specifically look for speed as a trait for some of their flyers, removing these levels and not returning the points results in birds that hare much lower level than they had been.

I'd like to see a) a response from Wildcard on this and b) an answer to what will happen if they revert the changes at some point...can those levels be restored (I am guessing not, but am happy to be proven wrong).

Would you admit to causing this, because it would obviously happen. The patch notes even say that levels in speed in wild dinos aren't reflected when tamed so they lose levels permanently. So dumb to do this to people. If they are so OP just remove all flyers including wyverns and be done with it. Oh, but then who would buy SE?

This is looking more and more like WC is working for the government, only government officials are this short sighted.

1 minute ago, zxarr said:

But then again, you already have my money...  I suppose that's all that matters to you now.

Nope they still need to make additional sales in order to continue to develop the game. Without continued cash flow they will end up with a game that never gets finished. If the game is never finished it's a failure, of course, this nerf was a failure so it wouldn't surprise me. 

Archived