Everything You Want To Know About v256!

Jen

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, Wildcard, look at your steam reviews.  You're not only losing current players, but potential ones too.  Quit stalling and roll back before that too pisses too many people off.   Every second you spend thinking about what to do next is potentially thousands of dollars lost in potential sales from this point forward.  Every negative steam review makes the game less desirable for new players, and they're mounting up fast.

no if they give you a choice on how to level on one animal it needs to be available to all. selective to be restrictive, just for the sake of it makes no sense. If you want a game to reflect true life (to a degree) then lets make natural ways that limit use. I like the idea of birds refusing to fly at night. If that new dino can be nocturnal why can't other things be diurnal (daywalkers) only. kind of hard to camp or stalk prey from things like ground lights, as iv seen mentioned can't be stopped even in a fully sealed building. No stat changes need to happen, they already deal way less damage, and are only really good for transportation, to be fair thats all most of us use it for and for good reason

I don't know if it has been posted in this thread yet but i just ran across this video this morning and it features a HUGE improvement to the new UI screen. If you like this PLEASE post and tweet and spread this around because i believe it fixes 90% of the problem with the new UI screen. Lets get the devs to see this 

Just now, carpediembr said:

Omg.. nooooo steam reviews.

"Hey boys, we better go back and reinstate all the metal, ascendant gear and dinos that 360headsnotsniper10XxX said he lost when we enabled dino transfers and he got raided, because he gave us a negative review on steam. We better do it or we will lose our jobs"

you don't get how shareholders act when something like their profits are threatened. sometimes the only way to get somewhere to listen is to effect the share prices of their company. Customer reviews can kill things, they have said they are listening, i just hope they are listening hard. I still recommend ark so am not giving a bad review, for one lapse in judgement that may turn out to be a prank. even if for the moment i would rather sit here on the forums than spend hours being a guinea pig so they can get us to tell them what we want. I don't need to waste time playing to know what I want.

11 minutes ago, Titan696 said:

you don't get how shareholders act when something like their profits are threatened. sometimes the only way to get somewhere to listen is to effect the share prices of their company. Customer reviews can kill things, they have said they are listening

Except this thing is not something that will "destroy them". Is not like the opened a backdoor, a virus or a malware on the latest patch and stole all your credit card information. 

Remember the whole SE DLC fiasco? Many people gave them negative reviews... do you really think that destroyed their company? That their "shareholders" scheduled a meeting to revert some ingame features? 

Oh and btw, Wildcard is a micro company and does not have shareholder, but investors, 3 to be more accurate. 

19 minutes ago, Titan696 said:

Im just saying, i don't know the company politics but look at what some reviews did to no mans sky, most people who played it agreed it was pretty good. Public opinion is very fragile nowdays

Except NMS was launched under false premises and alot of overhype created by themselves. NMS had the same fate that DayZ had... alot of hype, alot of lies, not enough development and an early launch.

What we have in Ark is rebalancing issues, features removal/adding, nothing major. 

In my opinion people who are giving negative reviews on steam are either kids or spoiled teenagers that doesnt see the big picture. That this game is still under development and alot of features will be added/removed and nerfs and buffs will come.

Just now, carpediembr said:

In my opinion people who are giving negative reviews on steam are either kids or spoiled teenagers that doesnt see the big picture. That this game is still under development and alot of features will be added/removed and nerfs and buffs will come.

You must really enjoy having game developers render days, if not weeks of your time and effort completely irrelevant. It takes all kinds, I suppose.

2 minutes ago, Veritas1980 said:

You must really enjoy having game developers render days, if not weeks of your time and effort completely irrelevant. It takes all kinds, I suppose.

I knew exactly what I was getting into when I purchased Ark: http://store.steampowered.com/earlyaccessfaq/

It's all written down so it can be read plain and simple. And most important part is:

How often is this game getting updated?

Take a look at the recent update announcements from the developer (shown on the store page for that game) to get a sense of how active the developer is. Does it look like that game is getting updated a lot? Are they valuable and interesting updates?

That's the reason I skipped NMS and DayZ. Instead I got Ark, Rimworld and 7 Days to Die. If you dont evaluate your purchases, you're bound to be let down. 

23 minutes ago, Veritas1980 said:

Players: Wow! We love the flying dinos and are going to spend hours upon hours capturing, breeding and leveling them to make them awesome.

Wildcard: Your time and effort are meaningless. we want you to walk everywhere. We have your money and there's nothing you can do to get it back.

P.S. We hate you, losers.

Oh and all those players who moaned about how flying dinos made their land caravans look stupid are now rubbing their hands in glee that they have forced their idiotic vision of how the game should be onto the entire population.

8 minutes ago, carpediembr said:

If you dont evaluate your purchases, you're bound to be let down. 

You can't evaluate developers making poor decisions when you buy a game, that's learned with experience.

There is a big difference between balancing and rendering an entire aspect of the game pointless to bother with. People depend on their flyers for various things.

i change my vote on steam sell page , really i dont know  how destroy this game , really .. 

I think even they do not know what they're doing.. i tame a tapejara 150 kibble bonus , he tame +69 bonuses 219 , before update he was 256,  now 218  

Explain me how its lower lvl to tame ? 218?  

You do not even know what they're doing

Enough for me 

8 minutes ago, Veritas1980 said:

You can't evaluate developers making poor decisions when you buy a game, that's learned with experience.

There is a big difference between balancing and rendering an entire aspect of the game pointless to bother with. People depend on their flyers for various things.

Of course you can evaluate thru the past history of the development. That's why every single patch is set on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/games/346110/announcements/

rendering an entire aspect of the game pointless to bother with.

Pretty sure you can still fly, carry mounts and carry extra weight on your birds. You just cant fly across the entire map within 2 mins anymore. 

2 minutes ago, carpediembr said:

Of course you can evaluate thru the past history of the development. That's why every single patch is set on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/games/346110/announcements/

Pretty sure you can still fly, carry mounts and carry extra weight on your birds. You just cant fly across the entire map within 2 mins anymore. 

I bought the game soon after it was available, there was no such history. Also, there is no precedent for this ridiculous over-nerf. Your argument carries no weight.

11 minutes ago, mandinga said:

i change my vote on steam sell page , really i dont know  how destroy this game , really .. 

I think even they do not know what they're doing.. i tame a tapejara 150 kibble bonus , he tame +69 bonuses 219 , before update he was 256,  now 218  

Explain me how its lower lvl to tame ? 218?  

You do not even know what they're doing

Enough for me 

Same poop happened with my wyvren hatched lvl 175 gave full speed and now after the update its 174

4 minutes ago, carpediembr said:

we've lost levels on our flyers. what can you do with a wyvern that has 500 stamina? damned near nothing. To raise a wyvern, you need to trap wild females to get milk. to do this, you need to have a flyer with decent speed to outrun it and get it into the trap so you can put it down with tranq arrows. and why would someone want to tame a useless creature now? may as well remove wyverns entirely. Now the only purpose they serve is to be a nuisance to players.

2 minutes ago, Veritas1980 said:

we've lost levels on our flyers. what can you do with a wyvern that has 500 stamina? damned near nothing. To raise a wyvern, you need to trap wild females to get milk. to do this, you need to have a flyer with decent speed to outrun it and get it into the trap so you can put it down with tranq arrows. and why would someone want to tame a useless creature now? may as well remove wyverns entirely. Now the only purpose they serve is to be a nuisance to players.

First the nerf hp and dmg 

Now speed and stamina 

Next remove flying dinos

2 minutes ago, fahadalmukaimi said:

First the nerf hp and dmg 

Now speed and stamina 

Next remove flying dinos

On one hand, I say they may as well remove them since they are now pretty much useless.. On the other, I see this as completely reactionary whining.  Interesting when my outrage at this change wars with my desire to express myself in a logical, rational manner.

Archived