Everything You Want To Know About v256!

Jen

30 minutes ago, trhyne said:

Just wanted to say thank you.  I'd been having trouble quitting the game for a long time, despite it running on a 1995 engine with no UI/UX designer.

Now, you gave me that push.  My work and sleep schedule appreciate it.  I've never actually seen an official policy actually defended by "no, we wanted to overreact and panic, and then slowly try to fix it afterward".  That's pretty awesome.  Peace out, and good luck.  You already have my money, so you got what you needed.

Think on the bright side, your approval rating is still slightly higher than the president's.

You gave me the first laugh I have had all day.

As for the reply directly under your post.....I don't really see the connection between quitting and duping or glitching so ding ding ding....fail.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, MoogleMan3 said:

Good riddance. Realistically, the people willing to quit the game due to the nerf, even after wildcard said they'd be tweaking it over the next few days based on community feedback, are the ones who get "ahead" by duping, glitches, etc.

Again, good riddance.

Great job Wildcard, the game is no longer with my playing time. I don't care about PVP and I only have 8-12 hours a week to play. I'm not interested in spending half of the time in the game trying to get from point A to point B. You really need to make this nerf optional. Those who want to waste their time can choose to do so. Those who are not interested in wasting their time playing this game can play it the way they that they used to enjoy. We shall see how Wildcard will proceed.  

MoogleMan3 don't be a douchebag. This is the forum for all of the players to freely express their individual opinions. There is no need to try and demean another individual if they have an opinion different from yours. 

They want to push the general public to private servers where you can play with custom rules. Wild card probably will earn money off the server rental.

After all it costs alot to have that many official servers up and running. They want to cut maintenance costs.

This is part of the reason they introduced custom procedural generated maps.

Another reason this nerf was introduced may be to reduce the power of the alphas that have been playing for a while. Make it harder for that player to mobilize and attack smaller tribes.

14 hours ago, Ashelia said:

I paid for that dlc because -loves- any type of dragon , and what i liekd the most is that they were FAST and not a slow weak flying snail -.-

On a side note how are normal people suposed to farm wyvern eggs with teh speed lock ? LOL , I mean I already have my own happy lizard family but what about the new people? *shrugs*

I feel ya. having a ton of speed and stamina on a wyvern. DRAGONS ARE MENT TO BE OP!!!! I expect to work for it. Not grab a tribemate and sweet talk them into dieing for me to get 1 EGG!

this flyer nerf was the dumbest thing i have ever seen. they are meant to be raptoring dinosaurs. not weak piss ants. where in the hell do you think this is viable do you even play your game properly @Jat also nerf on wyverns? ffs they are dragons meant to be powerful mythical beasts fly for miles with no issues. im sorry but you at wildcard make a great game but this is one moronic change that did not need to happen. for console sure. on pc i have not experienced crashes but i play on a private server someone owns. i can not speak for official servers. they are probably crap like xbox servers or ps4. but people do not want to spend forever getting across the map running out of stamina like that. a quetzal its sheer wing span would mean oh thats right way for it. massive long flights no need to stop and can hover due to its vacuum gliding capabilities. idiots smh. thats how i feel about this

12 hours ago, heloawesomeguy said:

Agreed, this needs to be fixed. Unless there handing out mindwipe tonics to everyone.

Well mindwipe isnt a real problem for me but swimming so slow without the option of flippers is. I can 'barely' outswim a shark, and when I say barely I mean he was right behind me like freakin pack-man chomp chomp chomp, if a manta had shown up it woulda been game over.

Hi all.

5 minutes after my connexion, after the patch installed on our private server, I saw... the unicorn.

So I jumped on my great ptera (Pitou for friends) and the unicorn... was faster than us.

Seriously guys.

After that I reached our Quetzal, with wich before the patch I used to travel fast without any stop for energy... Guess what? Have to stop every f* minute to recover stamina. Waaaat?

I went back to our base and what I see? Moby sausage =)

But I managed to caught it (shot to death I mean). Revenge for the unicorn, etc.

Seriously guys. You didn't thought about the nerf. That's impossible.

77e6f26edd72fd5859a719653a585651.jpg

Issues I have with this nerf specifically @Jat 

1. Stamina decrease? This will ruin supply runs, raids on bases, creature taming, and transporting creatures. 

2. Longer stamina recovery time? Birds are already vulnerable on the ground as it is. Making it longer makes leaving base not even worth it.

3. Stamina recovery while floating I can understand but taking this away and decreasing stamina all together is gonna make flying useless.

4. NO SPEED UPGRADE?!?!? Most upsetting, now you have to realize there's some issues with this. Makes traveling take longer without being able to increase speed. This effects raids and quick transportation which birds are meant for. It also makes obtaining wyvern eggs next to impossible unless you already own a wyvern. 

5. Passenger carry weight scaling... ok not a big deal as long as rider carry weight doesn't change I guess. 

6. Wyvern elemental stamina cost? They already burn a ton of stamina when using their attacks. 

7. Another speed decrease... literally killing the point of flying. 

8. Decreased Quetz HP!?!? You've lost your mind. This would kill the point of raid quetzals. They need to be able to soak up dmg for air assaults and they need the stamina to actually survive. You're literally killing the game of flyers. 

9. 3 second barrel roll recovery on pteras? There's already a slight delay in barrel roll time. I don't think this needs to be changed at all. 

If you nerf the flyers, most of my server has said they're quitting ark. You literally take away something we've all worked so hard to obtain. Months of breeding quetzals just dropped down the drain. It makes them useless... more of the patch notes created issues with some of the players but the largest issue is needing flyers. Please don't nerf the flyer anymore then they already have been. You'd be taking away my only reason to play the game. 

IMG_8202.PNG

8 hours ago, Selecta said:

"The game is supposed to be hard"

Then your definition of hard is completely wrong.

The nerf to fliers dosen't make anything harder, it only means that it takes longer for anyone to actually do anything.
Length of time to perform a task doesn't equate to challenge or difficulty, unless the challenge is to see how long you
can tolerate moving at a snails pace.

Why is this so hard for people to understand? 

Do you know what I really want to know about this patch?

Because it isn't in your OP.

What I really want to know, about this patch, is whether or not you people play your own game. I thoroughly and totally invite you to join our group, on our TS, and talk about it, but I really want to know. In a game where I can spend 2-3 weeks preparing for a single evening of PvP, you guys saw fit to easily double it. 

I mean. What. This doesn't. Even. What. Wait. Who?

Seriously. I'm speechless. This is, perhaps, the single biggest act of supreme stupidity I have seen out of a dev since the patch that killed SWG. It's literally appalling. 

Issues we have with this set of patch notes @Jat

1. Reduction in vault size and health? Seriously? You're going to ruin all current placements of vaults that people have specifically placed in their base in exact spots for a reason. Not to mention vaults health is what helps keep us feeling somewhat secure with our valuables.

2. Speed buff and oxygen decrease? Really? You've already nerfed speed enough. Leave it alone.

3. Leave the cluster grenades as they are... 

4. C4 one per dino? Rip turtle bombs for raids. 

Mainly vaults... don't mess with those please

IMG_8203.PNG

Preventing players from allocating points into speed, and slashing stamina by half was a huge mistake. Why do we have to land 15+ times just to kill a rex? Why did you disregard the biggest part of the DLC, stealing wyvern eggs and milk? You simply can't do that anymore. Why does Wyvern get pooped out after 2 breath attacks, and fly as slow as a semi truck with a trailer attached? I know it was said that you (WC) have put a lot of thought into this change and think it will be for the better, but it is doing the exact opposite. You guys need to change/fix/rollback this update because it basically broke the game. Not to mention there is a huge amount of people getting the "raptor this, I'm out" reaction and are quitting entirely. This needs to be addressed or this could very well be the undoing of Ark

8 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

Points on flyers in speed were refunded. If your Wyvern is now lower level check whether you have points to put back in to it to level it back up.

6 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

The stats won't stay like this. They have reduced it to the "worst" it will be and based on the constructive feedback there is likely to be buffs over the coming days. It won't get back to what it was but i'm sure anything will be better than it is now. So yes they are listening, it's just better to nerf it now and increase it over the next few days rather than nerfing it little by little.

It does seem, though, that for various reasons the points you are refunded don't equal the points (levels) lost. Either this is because of stamina changes, because they took away taming points and did not refund them, or took away breeding points and did not refund them.  Whatever the case, if Wildcard does decide to turn any of it around, I don't think I can trust that it will actually undo the damage people are seeing now.  It won't be as bad, maybe, but this feels like the devs just did not think through all consequences at the start.

We'll see.

Been playing ark for a long time, and honestly this patch sucks. WC still ignores what patches should primarily used for and its annoying af. So in a nut shell:

"We are nerfing flyers into the ground" (No pun intended)....you have a solitary dino that spawns in droves literally EVERYWHERE below the lat 50 line except herbivore island (theri), an ankle biter with way too much health that hits you once and you are f****ed(troodons), and now you destroy the only means to safely progress around these threats in the early to mid game? shame on you WC.

"We have new dino's!!!! YAY!!!!".....cool, new dino's, what about collision glitches with current dinos that get you killed from within your walls because the dinos heads stick through and can still attack you? what about dodo's, snails, beetles, and other passives that can climb up vertical walls and run the f*** away? oh, and like was stated before, what kind of greenpeace induced bs is an agressive af whale?

"New structures!!! woot!!!!"....nice, thats cool. What about long standing issues of spawning beneath your foundation or floor? what about having to sit in pitch black in your base unless you have Night Vision goggles because any light with illuminate the area around your base like a big "F*** me beacon" when the light is completely enclosed by the walls, roof, and floor?

"We fixed a bug allowing you to strip mine metal with a dino riding a platform saddle on a quetz, hope you like it." ..... FINALLY, we get to bug fixes....oh wait.....thats the only one you fixed....

seriously WC, i love this game and i am openminded about the future for it...but honestly using "Early Access" as an excuse to be lazy in bug fixing on your game is pretty bs. but anyway, i'll adapt and overcome, just saying this update is pretty f***ed as most have said...just my two cents

They could have literally given us the best new content in the game so far, things people worked on for months and months tirelessly, losing time with their families to meet deadlines and it has all been made irrelevant by this "nerf". I'd be pissed if that was my hard work being totally ignored because of an overkill nerf that was never intended to break the community. Hell if I hadn't just swapped and faced restarting anyway i'd be pissed that all my hours of work getting pteras and argents to nr 300, either way people who have put so much time into this game have just been pooped on from a great height. If its a joke then the fools are the developers, if not the statement still stands. All of the hard work people have put in has been nullified, I kind of want servers reset, i mean if you want to be fair and balanced how can we have a community that is well established from the use of flyers compete in the same place as new starters who have to grow with different strategies. I think if you want to be fair and balanced, start everyone on officials again. see how those few who like the nerf like it then. now its fair for us all.

And I don't know if you noticed but the steam reviews were actually looking good until yesterday, i noticed both recent and overall the reviews were "mostly positive" this has changed that. good job lol

38 minutes ago, Gunsmyth said:

"We have new dino's!!!! YAY!!!!".....cool, new dino's, what about collision glitches with current dinos that get you killed from within your walls because the dinos heads stick through and can still attack you? what about dodo's, snails, beetles, and other passives that can climb up vertical walls and run the f*** away? oh, and like was stated before, what kind of greenpeace induced bs is an agressive af whale?

See when i read the dossier before it said that survivors could get close to cut pieces of prime fish meat off of it without killing it. So DILO ever happened to that?

5 hours ago, Noompsie said:

Im sorry guys, but not everyone is retired like me, thereby able to give more time to gaming.  Not everyone is prepared to give so many hours of their life playing a game that just seems to get grindier and grindier.

Guys, you had a great game, totally awesome, and you are breaking it. 

You nailed it, Id upvote you but ran out of points for today :)

4 hours ago, Pilot543 said:

I like the nerf. All the times I get picked up and dropped. Dont get me started on my tames being insto barreled on some bullpoop. Thank you to wild card. I Love it. At the same time all yall haters out there u gon get used to this

99% of the people complaining play PVE not PVP for very good reasons.

yep i solo in single player for a reason. What is needed isn't a nerf if this is your reasoning, some spiked armour, or way of defending against certain specials is needed. a counter should be in place for all attacks, every time a wild thylo has grabbed me iv died, every micro raptor encounter takes me off my mount, every trodon i come across on the ground has knocked me out, it's annoying as hell to have no way of countering these attacks and thats where the issues should be solved, not by punishing everyone across the board, raider or not.

It's almost laughable that a microraptor can take you off a tame yet a Rex Raptor or Carno can't, but thats how it has been made, no ones complaining there tho so the inbalance and failed logic is ignored. Whats coming when they "rebalance" the old dinos to keep them up to date.

And just to add

Those who complain about flyers aren't playing PVE or single player, so it seems the problem isn't the animals, the problem (what most of us avoid by playing offline)  is people.

11 hours ago, KilroyJenkinz said:

If they wanted to do a 'balancing' of flyers, this is more like how it should have been done:

-Set a limit to how fast flyers can go, movement speed-wise (175% for pteras/quetzals, 200% for argents/tapejaras, 125% for wyverns)

-20% less base stamina, and stamina drains 25% faster while sprinting.

-Quetzal's stamina regen while mid-air would be slowed to a crawl, similar to the Tapejara when its clinging to a wall. (It's something like 5 stam/sec)

-Ptera weight reduced by 35%

@Jat I agree with this! Flyers needed a nerf. But removing all movement speed points is not a good solution.

• Put a cap on the %, like this person suggested.

• Maybe raise the saddle engram level requirements a little. Since you raised the base gathering/xp multipliers, early game has been mostly annihilated. You an easily get to lvl 30 in a day or two. I'd say make the the first flier saddle appear at lvl 45-50 instead and the last (quetzal) around lvl 70-75.

• Keep most stamina changes except for the quetzal recharging with players on its back. Since wild quetzals never land, why should tamed ones? Aren't they supposed to act as mobile sky bases, even with the played offline?

EDIT: Also, a server admin command to enable flyer movement speed stats would be great!

Archived