Everything You Want To Know About v256!

Jen

i'am glad you made a flyer nerf for PVE as well... it's great for people with bases on top of "the center" or other places which are nearly impossible (or take about) to reach with other mounts - now we can spend hours flying around slowly and peacefully and admiring the vastness of the skies.

or in other words: f*** this s*** I'm outta here.

Ty & good bye

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game is supposed to be hard, and flying tames in my eyes does take this away from the game. Haven't tried it yet as I'm at work but it is wot it is, it will more than likely get altered slightly but I think it needed to happen. 

It will be good seeing all the land dinos out again :)

If anything this update has made me laugh with all the " I'm quitting" talk lol. 2 days cool down n everyone will be back 

Wow....there is a lot of annoyed(To put it mildly) survivors in this thread. 

Yes this will make the game hella more difficult but it is in Early Access, and EA is subject to massive changes.  It is a survival game so it should be well....challenging. 

At first thought the Flyer nerf was awful, but then I thought. Well maybe this will make me use some of the awesome land dinos more,  Gonna find me a high lvl Paracer, pump it's speed and weight and bring that on metal runs, or maybe a diplo. So many dino's that have been left lonely in bases are gonna have new meaning.

WC...Don't raptor this nerf. Keep it! Find out who the true survivors are.

But yeah Wyvern eggs & milk just got a whole new level of difficulty. But.....with some heavy weaponry you could just blow the wyverns out of the sky. Wyverns are meant to be a end game tame, not a tame which requires a fast bird and a bit of skill.

Also direct your replies elsewhere as I get enough whining from my kids.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Fabulicous said:

From the Dossier

Quetzal is now useless.
And btw i want my money back from the SE DLC. I bought it because of the wyverns. Now all wyverns are useless. My main wyvern lost 25 Levels (it was level 248 and now its 223). Stamina was reduced from 2600 to 500. I can't fight any dragon anymore because of no stamina.

Points on flyers in speed were refunded. If your Wyvern is now lower level check whether you have points to put back in to it to level it back up.

well first looks are bad.

Game looks a little (little) more polished, although i cant work out how to see inventory items in smithy, forge or vaults/storage.

The flyer nerf is just insane. Regardless of what they have done, they promised return of points to be respent, but even the Juve quetz i am rearing just lost 34 points (levels) and I cant even pump anything yet as its a juve.

I have been playing onine RPGs (in whatever guise you want to call it) since first playing everquest back in 2000.  Most major changes herald lots of better ideas, and often fix some broken items, and sometimes change to others. BUT the devs Always listened to the community. Even WoW in its early days did listen.  I just dont get whats happened here.

I see the PVP players are actually mostly happy and having played PVP i can see why. But its only going to really benefit older tribes that are already established, I dont see how it will help new players to that game model.

PVE- Is now just seriously broken. Wyverns stam and speed nerfed, all other flyers speed (and stam) nerfed. I would not even want to try to trap a wyvern to get milk atm, would be watching bird after bird go up in flames i would suspect.

I have invested a LOT of time in this early release game and I have seen a lot of old players on my PVE server leave over the last few weeks because of changes to dino numbers just to name one.  The game is rapidly becoming "not fun" too much of a "chore". I dont mean this just from todays patch.  Its just too much of a time sync with now little apparent reward unless you are in some SERIOUS high level raiding tribe.

So like many others, i am droping my game into feeding only mode, for a week, then will look at just calling it a day and moving on. I will watch with anticipation as to the DEV replies regarding changes THEY claim to have tested before implentation themselves- I suspect they are not that active playing too much of late!

So to many in the community that stick this out, my hats off too you, but I think its time to look at the next "FUN" challenge.

The devs are the biggest griefers in the game. Good job on making the work that much more tedious, the game less entertaining and againe cusing me and my tribe more work in the game to try and work arround your distuctive changes. your supposed to listen to the community it seems you clearly havet by looking at the comments hear. 

1 hour ago, GamerPerfection said:

Points on flyers in speed were refunded. If your Wyvern is now lower level check whether you have points to put back in to it to level it back up.

Well the problem is the EXP is the same on the wyverns but if you leveled stamina for example before these points didnt get refunded. Which means we lost some huge amount of levels. mine wyvern was lvl 254 on official. it took me long time to level it up to that....

lvl 254 to level 223 ... and i played my 8 levels already i had as refund from movementspeed.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Caloban said:

The devs are the biggest griefers in the game. Good job on making the work that much more tedious, the game less entertaining and againe cusing me and my tribe more work in the game to try and work arround your distuctive changes. your supposed to listen to the community it seems you clearly havet by looking at the comments hear. 

The stats won't stay like this. They have reduced it to the "worst" it will be and based on the constructive feedback there is likely to be buffs over the coming days. It won't get back to what it was but i'm sure anything will be better than it is now. So yes they are listening, it's just better to nerf it now and increase it over the next few days rather than nerfing it little by little.

The new item background colors are so messed up.
You can't have color on color. Red on Red does not look good with blueprints of ascendant gear. Plus, many of the item colors are just wrong. Ascendant items are blue or colorless :| 

What everybody suggested for UI improvements did not get included but you did change everything else. That's a bit sad :( The blue color is very intrusive on the hotbar and i t's way too big. Text size when harvesting didn't get reduced, like in SoTF.

I hope next patch comes with actual improvements and fixes for everything the old UI had but is missing from the new one. I don't understand how many of those features were missed. Like shift-T transfers the full stack and not half.

And why on Earth does the Rex have asthma now? The new roar is horrible :'(

The flyer nerf is most hopefully a Aprils Fools people, but i see some problems here that you will have to fix wildcard.
I had a 246 wyvern which was nerfed by 20+ levels, and don't give me that "its because of the speed nerf" cause i got 0 points and never spend a single point on speed either..
So you took 20+ levels from my wyvern without rewarding me any points basically.

In other words you downgraded my wyvern from a perfect 185 to a 165 hatch.

Also take a look at your chem benches and smithies.. You are unable to see the contents of it, just saying..

This flyer nerf is DIGUSTING. How are people expected to get wyvern eggs on scorched? Fly in with a minigun on a Quetz? The 1.0 weight ruins metal runs with the anky and Quetz as well. What was the point of nerfing the wyverns as well? That stam reduction will cripple the wyverns and not even make them worth raising anymore, let alone use them for combat. Goodjob Wildcard, you just messed up a whole lot more than you patched up.

1 hour ago, HighFlyer15 said:

The new item background colors are so messed up.
You can't have color on color. Red on Red does not look good with blueprints of ascendant gear. Plus, many of the item colors are just wrong. Ascendant items are blue or colorless :| 

What everybody suggested for UI improvements did not get included but you did change everything else. That's a bit sad :( The blue color is very intrusive on the hotbar and i t's way too big. Text size when harvesting didn't get reduced, like in SoTF.

I hope next patch comes with actual improvements and fixes for everything the old UI had but is missing from the new one. I don't understand how many of those features were missed. Like shift-T transfers the full stack and not half.

And why on Earth does the Rex have asthma now? The new roar is horrible :'(

I made a thread regarding sounds effects here: 

Raptors sound like they want to spit phlegm that runs down their throat constantly for example.

I have been quietly playing this game since it was first launched and loving it.  I play PVE only, PVP does not appeal to me, and I often play solo, although I have my own server at the moment  I have never felt the need to become involved in the forums or express my opinion here, but today's update has enticed me to air my views publicly.

I am still shaking my head in disbelief at the changes that have been introduced.  I don't know what you were thinking, and as I do not play PvP, maybe it was some form of a balance for that, but in my situation, it's just a loose loose situation.  I joined my server this morning to find that my Pteras and Argents had all lost levels.  I know that levels were given back, but even with those levels added, my birds were nowhere near the level they were when I logged out last night.  My Pteras are now entirely useless as I cannot fly very far at all before I have to land.  The argents are only slightly better because they come with more stamina to start with.  But they are slugs.   Indeed I have actually killed several of my birds today because they are no longer of any use to me.

People have been asking how to get a wyvern now.  I would also like to ask how do we get a quetzel now, especially as a solo PvE player?  And if it is even possible to fluke a quetzel getting stuck in a cliff face, is it worth taming any more?

Another point here is regarding the new UI.  It looks very attractive, but.....   I am 69 years old and my eyes are not as good as they once were.  The color of the UI is nice, but the item names and information is in a similar color and I find myself moving closer and closer to the monitor in order to read them.  There needs to be more definition.  I have also noticed that there is no "take all" option in supply drops or beaver dams any more.  That means a lot more time spend picking up items up individually and those extra seconds can mean death.  I also do not see any way to split a stack of items in half by shift dragging. 

You wanted feedback from your player base, well I guess you are getting it and it is probably well deserved.  I feel deeply for all the people who have put in untold hours to their breeding program, only to have it cut off at the knees.

Im sorry guys, but not everyone is retired like me, thereby able to give more time to gaming.  Not everyone is prepared to give so many hours of their life playing a game that just seems to get grindier and grindier.

Guys, you had a great game, totally awesome, and you are breaking it. 

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, Probitas said:

From the sounds of it, I may never play this game again. I played PVE, and to nerf flyers I used for travel to visit the other players on the map for admin purposes has totally removed an admin tool. Thanks for that.

If its for admin purposes just teleport to them.

Archived