Everything You Want To Know About v256!

Jen

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Phytosis said:

As far as the Pteranodon is concerned realistically speaking methods used to estimate the mass of large male Pteranodon specimens (those with wingspans of about 7 meters) have been notoriously unreliable, producing a wide range of estimates from as low as 50 lbs to as high as 205 lbs Technically it hardly would be able to fly with a 150-250 lb human riding it. Let along holding another player. You should just be happy it flies at all with you on it's back. A Quetzalcoatlus has an estimated weight of 440–550 lbs and realistically shouldn't be able to carry much more than 300-400 lbs. I know ark isn't fully about realism, but they have to draw the line somewhere.

I think they crossed that line when they added wyverns and the various bosses, there is nothing realistic about ARK :)

So here's the opinion of a noob to the game.  I started a couple weeks ago after watching my son play it on Xbox and have binged played since.  I have worked hard for each of my Dinos and took pride in creating my little world without cheating myself or making it any easier.  Even bought the full pack and almost immediately got it for my son to play with me on the PC.  Even looking to buy or build him a PC for it.

UI:  Looks cool, and lots of upgrades.  Very World of Warcraft .  Wish you had a way to adjust the Opaqueness and make the Hotkey bar smaller since it blocks the feet while using the mounts.

Sounds:  immediately noticed the new sounds without reading a word in the patch.  Great detail

Flyers:  Ughhh My son logged off within 2 minutes of trying his Archi that he was so proud of.  I almost didn't make it across the creek with my 550 stamina and forget surviving the 3 Troodons that attacked me on the other side.  Bird of prey my $%^.  I would say they are strictly transportation now but that's a bust too since I will be spending all my time looking for a safe rock to land on.  I would say thank goodness we caught a Quetz 2 days ago before you ruined the plan to cage tame another but to be honest, whats the point of another Quetz now except the eggs.  How can I possibly get another if my flyers cant fly to his altitude without having to come back down for a breather.?  Before taming, the Quetz can fly almost endlessly.  And how will it carry anything of worth to anywhere significant if it keeps running out of stamina.   You successfully turned it into a ground game.  DO you really think you added realism to it or just unnecessary  rules?  We were working on outposts around the island which have now become unreachable without a rex run.  The old way was perfect in that you could tame multiple birds for a specific purpose.  Stamina for long runs, weight for mules, str and stam for combat.  I could have lived with a str, weight or damage nerf but the stamina was too disastrous.

If your goal was to make PVP more balanced then please do this for PVP or add a option in the server. 

I honestly mean this when I say we may be done with the game and severely disappointed in the lost money we put into it based on the way the game was pre-patch.  I have been advertising your game to all my friends and promoting it.  Not happy and yes the flyer nerf was the primary reason because flight was a major player in our advancement. Friday night with no work tomorrow and we might go play Minecraft or watch a movie.  That disappointed.  I truly hope you consider our opinions and focus on a well balanced game for single, pvp and closed server players.  I bought a new graphics card 1080 just for this game.  Thought it was the next big thing but your falling into the same trap as other game designers by trying to make some people happy with changes that are detrimental to the other players.  This is not call of duty 

You get players cause the game is good.  Improve the game, add to the game, stop changing it  and make baby steps if you do.  The game was already good.

Good luck

Hope you change it back or at a minimum rethink the severity of the nerf

1 hour ago, Phytosis said:

I am happy with this change, fliers were OP as hell. The new hud however is ugly as sin, at the res i play on with my monitor size i can hardly read the text of items in my inv. As for people wondering on how to get dragons eggs and milk, i'd assume pteras are still faster than dragons. So now you don't need to waste points pumping speed. Make ground dinos great again, if people want to raid me march through the frickin mountians lol.

pteras are slower, according to the wiki.

Hi guys, ok I understand that some flyer dinos much be nerfed... but this is all wrong... fgs, basically with this changes all the "old" leveled flyer dinos are just RIP... without redestribution points we cant put stamina... just dont make sense a wyvern with 20k hp, 400 melle damage and 400 stamina... are you joking with all the players that have lost their time breeding animals... Its impossible to use a stupid wyvern with 400 stamina this is just crazy... at least and to be right just reset all flyers lvl points in order to redistribute in a fair way... wake up guys try to think a little before before coming with a new patch this is just ridiculous... I love this game I spend a lot of time in it but now im thinking 2 times and If this just dont change I will just quit this game... WV with 400 stam and slow... Wyvern is suppose to be a flying beast not a stupid flying snail without stamina... completly uselless... 

Thank you

Just now, Darkchyylde said:

Except not all servers are PvP. This is the exact kind of half assed thinking that caused this clusterf**k

You can adapt on PvE to. Its not that hard to plan a different way to farm and move around. If officials dont suit you go unofficial with the settings to your liking or play Minecraft like the other softies.

Personally I'm enjoying the sweet tears of people who can't live without flyers and looking forward to playing Ark survival with or without you.

Only thing I would reverse a bit is Wyvern stamina so it could get 15 breaths or something close to it.

I can understand the need to change this on PVP servers, but honestly.. I play on a non hardcore PVE server and I'm solo. I need flyers to get around. To farm metal, which is half the map away because other tribes are jerks. If this is all a plan to make us use land dinos, why not make them better? Why nerf flyers? This is utterly hopeless, and I hope for a rollback fast, because this is making me want to just leave the game.

#MakeArkGreatAgain!

2 hours ago, tolle79 said:

so they state that its whats best for the game. This game has been out for over a year, and you just now sit there and think its whats best for the game. Your Dev team is a joke. This poop is something that should have been discussed in the first 3 months of the game. Not a year and some change later. This is game breaking changes where people will actually quit your game. So lets think ahead and make separate nerfs and updates to PVE and PVP servers just because one doesn't like the other and complains about it all the time. Im tired of getting the nerfs because of PVP players and poop. Separate the two or does your company not have the brains or the money to do it. 

Your exactly right this one mold fits all idea from the devs is bound to fail plain and simple.

45 minutes ago, SwishPapaSweets said:

You can adapt on PvE to. Its not that hard to plan a different way to farm and move around. If officials dont suit you go unofficial with the settings to your liking or play Minecraft like the other softies.

A reason many of us play on officials is certainty of retaining our stuff and items, on unofficial if the guy hosting runs out of money all your thousands of hours can be gone in an instant, added to that a much greater community than most private servers. The technical aspects of farming in new ways is not the issue, Ive done all that to death in the past, when the Q platform saddle arrived it was the biggest relief from insanely tedious and dull farming. This turns the game into a borefest.

25 minutes ago, monomania said:

A reason many of us play on officials is certainty of retaining our stuff and items, on unofficial if the guy hosting runs out of money all your thousands of hours can be gone in an instant, added to that a much greater community than most private servers. The technical aspects of farming in new ways is not the issue, Ive done all that to death in the past, when the Q platform saddle arrived it was the biggest relief from insanely tedious and dull farming. This turns the game into a borefest.

MY GROUP is not running out of money we have been a multi gamming group for over 13 yrs and we all donate or our council keeps the money running! I will correct the settting on my servers to keep them runing the way we like! but for the game as hole they need to fix this flyer crap! Flyer nerf could b the end of ark for my people on all 3 of my servers!

Archived