Everything You Want To Know About v256!

Jen

Just now, NEWMFIN said:

While I really dislike the fliers nerf , my lower level argie that I tamed as a stepping stone ( I restarted a charater) has such low stamina now that after 6 attacks it spent (level 47 pre tame).

First, how do I level it if it's just you g to land in the middle of a fight or I do 3 attacks then fly away. That will take forever, great.

Second, people just starting are not taking high level fliers right off it's lower levels.  If my 47 argie is this bad I'd hate to see lower level ones and add the running away it's not worth my time now to take anything.

And the new UI  is ugly, I am sure you guys were patting each other on the back for that one and the rest of the patch for that matter but the interface is terrible, too tek ish looking.  Considering you're game is 10% tek give or take and the rest is about a poor survivor, it does not fit IMO.

Lol low level pteranodons (like 5-20, what you'd expect a new player's first one to be without kibble) already only had like 200-300 stamina. 50% cut to that? Have fun landing every 50 feet across the whole map

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All flyers useless till we can lvl them up even more.  We worked hard on these dinos and you nerf them to being unuseable in a majority of cases.  I really hope this nerf is an April Fools Day Joke, even if it is it's not funny.  I would suggest reversing these nerfs as soon as possible.  A lot of people on the official prim pve server I play on used their flyers to help people out and now many, possibly all, won't be able to do that anymore.  My argy that I had leveled up to fly from one side of the island to the other without stopping even with the points given back to me had to stop 4 times.  That is ridiculous, metal runs now so so so much more difficult.  Forget about even attempting getting more quetz's or starting on trying to get wyverns with pteras now.

Wildcard, listen to your players.  The flyer nerf was a terrible idea.  I was playing about 4 hours a day, and had bought the game for others as well as the DLC, but that's it.  I'll maintain my base in case you come to your senses, but I can no longer recommend this game, and will no longer actively be playing it.

P.S. I'm giving a week before rating the game negatively on steam.  It's not playable any longer, and not worth anyone paying a dime for.  It breaks my heart to say that after thousands of hours on it, but it is.

9 minutes ago, monomania said:

That's exactly what they are, some developer or developers have this idea in their heads of how fun a certain way of playing the game will be and like so many ideas like that in the past it falls short when hit with actual players playing it. It does increase the difficulty of the game but by turning the entire game into a massive and tedious grind.

Signed up just to say I agree 100% with this. This is the reason I stopped playing Clash of Clans. The game devs started making changes that made it even more of a grind and then said "this is how we intended the game to be played."

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, kortniechan said:

We will all have to play and see. Before we comment we need to try it, ill admit im jumping gun on judgement here too. But dang. Whos in the wrong here?

Us for getting used to a game mechanics before its finished or wildcard for giving us lots of playstyle freedom and then taking it away completely?

Also, as players try this out, they may come up with observations, situations, or other ideas they can post.

As I recall during the last re-balance/nerf, they made multiple adjustments over time.

I am happy with this change, fliers were OP as hell. The new hud however is ugly as sin, at the res i play on with my monitor size i can hardly read the text of items in my inv. As for people wondering on how to get dragons eggs and milk, i'd assume pteras are still faster than dragons. So now you don't need to waste points pumping speed. Make ground dinos great again, if people want to raid me march through the frickin mountians lol.

I pay for a server to be able to adjust stats and such to my own liking. You have just taken that away. If you wanna screw up fliers or anything else do it to official servers or give me command line argument to disable your nerfs. Fliers are now useless. How are you supposed to get milk from the scar to the east side of the map?

1 minute ago, Phytosis said:

I am happy with this change, fliers were OP as hell. The new hud however is ugly as sin, at the res i play on with my monitor size i can hardly read the text of items in my inv. As for people wondering on how to get dragons eggs and milk, i'd assume pteras are still faster than dragons. So now you don't need to waste points pumping speed. Make ground dinos great again, if people want to raid me march through the frickin mountians lol.

Yeah thats all great for PvP (not really) but it absolutely BREAKS PvE. Just another prime example of WildCard not thinking things through.

Quetz cannot be leveled in speed. They are stuck at 136.5. They also continue to lose stam in the air even if unmounted.

Wyverns cannot be leveled in speed. They are stuck at 100.

Argy speed is also capped at 100.

Pteras are capped at 135. Movement speed

There ya go people. Thats the nerf for flyers. And how stupid the devs were with this update. Lots of pretty things to distract us why they kill flyers because people liked using them. 

First i was happy to enjoy new content. Now with that huge flyer now rip ARK....

100 Movementspeed Wyvern is like a flying slow truck. 150 Stamina for a lighting shot. 500 base stamina..... I had 2.000 why dont i even get my levels back i invested....

Flyers have Dino Difficulity 4.0 instead of 5.0 now ?

Teleporter is also way to expensiv.... i thought you could use it for farming metal or something but it counts your weight and makes it just crazy expensiv

Why Tek teleport if you can use bed teleport for free...

Why moving dinos/items if you can do it for free via uploading and downloading.

As far as the Pteranodon is concerned realistically speaking methods used to estimate the mass of large male Pteranodon specimens (those with wingspans of about 7 meters) have been notoriously unreliable, producing a wide range of estimates from as low as 50 lbs to as high as 205 lbs Technically it hardly would be able to fly with a 150-250 lb human riding it. Let along holding another player. You should just be happy it flies at all with you on it's back. A Quetzalcoatlus has an estimated weight of 440–550 lbs and realistically shouldn't be able to carry much more than 300-400 lbs. I know ark isn't fully about realism, but they have to draw the line somewhere.

Archived