Everything You Want To Know About v256!

Jen

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Ashelia said:

Can we all stop crying over quetzals and useless pteras..and fovcus on the fact they also NERFED THE HELL OUT OF THE STAMINA ON ALL WYVERNS -.-? 500 stamina from 2k , really, 2 pew pew beams, fire spits, or vomit balls and that's it, end of the action?

• "Stamina: across the board 50% decrease to base stamina (not including moth) and per-level stamina increase amount."

So if I get this right, yes they decreased stamina but at the same time you get more to stamina with every points put to it so why all the complaining, this is all for the better in the long run.

15 minutes ago, Ashelia said:

Can we all stop crying over quetzals and useless pteras..and fovcus on the fact they also NERFED THE HELL OUT OF THE STAMINA ON ALL WYVERNS -.-? 500 stamina from 2k , really, 2 pew pew beams, fire spits, or vomit balls and that's it, end of the action?

I feel for y'all with wyverns. I really do, and I understand the wyvern thing is an issue, but don't minimize the other issues at hand because your wyverns aren't viable anymore either. It's rudely worded to be honest! It really does suck that wyverns got the nerf too, but a lot of us want to enjoy our flier dinos, and dinos that we like that are not wyverns. And some of us don't have wyverns yet because of x or y reason.

Overall the nerf sucks. It doesn't affect just one dino. It affects a chunk of them. And it seems like a really, really bad move on their part.

2 minutes ago, Ashelia said:

Ok here,s what I noticed the wyverns , that are hell of a work to get and raise now are slow as an effing quetz, barely any stamina to hold a fight. Jesus it's a wyvern not a flocking bird, they are suposed to be fast man what the cookies..., I paid for that dlc because -loves- any type of dragon , and what i liekd the most is that they were FAST and not a slow weak flying snail -.-

On a side note how are normal people suposed to farm wyvern eggs with teh speed lock ? LOL , I mean I already have my own happy lizard family but what about the new people? *shrugs*

This smells of another example from the same people who "nerfed" pillars back in the day, either their IQs are seriously low or they do not play the game at all, complete inability to see secondary effects of their changes.

15 minutes ago, Ashelia said:

I feel for y'all with wyverns. I really do, and I understand the wyvern thing is an issue, but don't minimize the other issues at hand because your wyverns aren't viable anymore either. It's rudely worded to be honest! It really does suck that wyverns got the nerf too, but a lot of us want to enjoy our flier dinos, and dinos that we like that are not wyverns. And some of us don't have wyverns yet because of x or y reason.

Overall the nerf sucks. It doesn't affect just one dino. It affects a chunk of them. And it seems like a really, really bad move on their part.

3 minutes ago, Ashelia said:

Ok here,s what I noticed the wyverns , that are hell of a work to get and raise now are slow as an effing quetz, barely any stamina to hold a fight. Jesus it's a wyvern not a flocking bird, they are suposed to be fast man what the cookies..., I paid for that dlc because -loves- any type of dragon , and what i liekd the most is that they were FAST and not a slow weak flying snail -.-

On a side note how are normal people suposed to farm wyvern eggs with teh speed lock ? LOL , I mean I already have my own happy lizard family but what about the new people? *shrugs*

It makes me wonder how that passed QA testing in Wyvern's case.

7 minutes ago, Darkchyylde said:

Just wait until you try a Quetz or Wyvern!

Don't mention that. I had 266% speed Quetzal. How on the earth I am supposed to tame new Quetzals alone without "Platform cage" tactic since Quetzal loses stamina now. I wouldn't mind it if wild Quetzal landed on the ground from time to time actually -__-'

8 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

100% speed of Argy makes this animal completely useless as a mean of transport. I would get irritated constantly with such pathetic speed!

Agreed! Are they trying to force us to convert to using ground mounts? I don't understand why they think it's fun to run everywhere like this. Especially on scorched earth maps eesh. :/

As much as I love my thylas and sabertooths I feel like I wasted a lot of time with the birds I tamed. :c

1 minute ago, Lewiatan said:

Don't mention that. I had 266% speed Quetzal. How on the earth I am supposed to tame new Quetzals alone without "Platform cage" tactic since Quetzal loses stamina now. I wouldn't mind it if wild Quetzal landed on the ground from time to time actually -__-'

a tribe mate had a maxed out quetz with all the points into move speed.

1 hour ago, Jen said:

No speed upgrade. This clears the existing level-up speed stats and gives the points back to you to spend elsewhere.

Wow...garbage speed and no stamina....this makes the game unplayable. After 3000 hours of game play, all I want to do is tame a bird, go find a spot to build, and enjoy my time. This now makes everything slow as molasses and slow = boredom.

2 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

Oh my gosh that's true and what about tapejaras? That's going to be terrible if they so much as hear you breathe the wrong way. They'll just whoop away into the sky and distance vanish out of sight.

7 minutes ago, Chaska said:

Oh my gosh that's true and what about tapejaras? That's going to be terrible if they so much as hear you breathe the wrong way. They'll just whoop away into the sky and distance vanish out of sight.

0.0 Holy... I forgot about tapejaras. Ughhhh... :/ They are too slow with 100% speed, flapping wings animation doesn't fit it either.

Their AI is so bad, that If it was too high above the ground, it. would. never. land. I had to take my Quetzal with platform, flew to tapejara closly and then AI recognised there is a surface to land and then I had use bolas to take it down from the sky...

wow, all i can say is wow. 
as specially about this

"No speed upgrade. This clears the existing level-up speed stats and gives the points back to you to spend elsewhere."

So no more wyvern taming. or even escaping them.  I understand balancing things for pvp but by doing this you have ruined pve.

Lets look at the list of bad decisions now. 
pegomastix - stealing your stuff with little chance of getting it back
trodons - way to much hp's so if they find you your just f^%$
jellyfish & eels - need i say anything. they seek you out. why?
and a whale that can destroy your boat "WHY is this not passive unless attacked? whales are not aggressive creatures"

and with the no leveling flyer speed wyverns cannot be tamed or escaped from now.
wow , wild card, im dumbfounded. 

25 minutes ago, Haukk4 said:
  • "Stamina: across the board 50% decrease to base stamina (not including moth) and per-level stamina increase amount."

So if I get this right, yes they decreased stamina but at the same time you get more to stamina with every points put to it so why all the complaining, this is all for the better in the long run.

Please sir, kindly learn to read better. "50% decrease to base stamina and per-level stamina increase amount". So it's half what it was, and it'll increase half as much as it would have before. 

Is there any point in mentioning this arbitrary screw? Does it matter that my play style relies 90% on my Argy? As a single player in PVE servers I rely most heavily on those for transport, mining, collecting... everything. I don't have a Quetzal. I don't have a Wyvern. I don't necessarily want them either. But what I do want is my work birds. Taking away my bird's speed and stamina has taken away my play style. Does that count, Mr or Ms Dev?

19 minutes ago, Chaska said:

Agreed! Are they trying to force us to convert to using ground mounts? I don't understand why they think it's fun to run everywhere like this. Especially on scorched earth maps eesh. :/

As much as I love my thylas and sabertooths I feel like I wasted a lot of time with the birds I tamed. :c

That's exactly what they are, some developer or developers have this idea in their heads of how fun a certain way of playing the game will be and like so many ideas like that in the past it falls short when hit with actual players playing it. It does increase the difficulty of the game but by turning the entire game into a massive and tedious grind.

so they state that its whats best for the game. This game has been out for over a year, and you just now sit there and think its whats best for the game. Your Dev team is a joke. This poop is something that should have been discussed in the first 3 months of the game. Not a year and some change later. This is game breaking changes where people will actually quit your game. So lets think ahead and make separate nerfs and updates to PVE and PVP servers just because one doesn't like the other and complains about it all the time. Im tired of getting the nerfs because of PVP players and poop. Separate the two or does your company not have the brains or the money to do it. 

I really hope this is an April fools joke Wild Card cause this is absolutely ridiculous with the flyer nerf. You made fliers useless now. How the hell are you suppose to get wyvern milk not even to mention being able to get wyvern eggs? You cant even go across the river without having to land for stamina. Like i said i really hope this is an April fools joke cause you just ruined the game!!!!!!!!!!

While I really dislike the fliers nerf , my lower level argie that I tamed as a stepping stone ( I restarted a charater) has such low stamina now that after 6 attacks it spent (level 47 pre tame).

First, how do I level it if it's just you g to land in the middle of a fight or I do 3 attacks then fly away. That will take forever, great.

Second, people just starting are not taking high level fliers right off it's lower levels.  If my 47 argie is this bad I'd hate to see lower level ones and add the running away it's not worth my time now to take anything.

And the new UI  is ugly, I am sure you guys were patting each other on the back for that one and the rest of the patch for that matter but the interface is terrible, too tek ish looking.  Considering you're game is 10% tek give or take and the rest is about a poor survivor, it does not fit IMO.

Archived