Patch 256: Equus, Leedsichthys, Ichthyornis, Iguanodon, Underwater Bases, & More!

Jen

1 hour ago, beeauu said:

There are far more intelligent ways to deal with the PVP Flyer issue than making Flyers basically useless. 

I had hoped that the Devs would realize they made a mistake and roll back the Flyer nerfs.  

They have no way of knowing how many players disagree the Flyer changes.  I find it simply amazing, they have an entire community of players willing to provide input and help make the game better and yet no tool to capture and utilize the information.

However, there is a simple method you can use to let them know what you think.

If you want the Flyer nerfs rolled back, do not play the game on Wednesday, April 5th.

I will post this on the various sites/forums, feel free to spread the word if you are so inclined.

Developer quote:

da386067186dbc9cd34e5a82de838252.png.f6c58fbfa779af6f1a451064dd33cf65.png

Thank you for this quick response, I know in a game like this change will be normal!

On 4/2/2017 at 11:51 AM, clumsynynja said:

No, it does not. 

I have a fiancee, two dogs, six cats, friends, and a job an hour away to and from that both the fiancee and I work, eight hours a day 5 1/2 days a week. 

Bullpoop, friend. 

:)

Next excuse, try harder. 

She said SIX CATS!!.. OMG Girrrllll....you cant be telling people that when you over here trying to insult them. SIX Cats!!!:Jerbmad::Jerbmad::Jerbmad::Jerbmad::Jerbmad::Jerbcry: This is how her cats be looking at her while she ignores them all night flying to the other side of her base. SIX CATS!!!

13 hours ago, clumsynynja said:

LOL oh, you poor silly baby. 

Your five friends and the few on this forum are a tiny, tiny portion of the player base. 

and those supporting the patch on these forums are a tiny, tiny, tiny portion of the playerbase. They're the ones who should be called the loud, vocal minority. Except they're not loud, nor vocal. Just a minority of those who are posting.

Edited by Milsurp

Been here, done this many years ago when SOE screwed up a perfectly good game and called it a new game enhancement.  At that time the bulk of people that flocked to the forums to make our voice where called the minority and the Devs ignored us.  At that point they lost about 50% of there player base but they didn't care see they kept the players they wanted and PVP pretty much thrived.  The Devs decided we where turning the game into something other than what they intended and it was fun so they took all of behind the wood shed and gave us a what for and showed us who was in control.  To this day I will not play a game by SOE/DayBreak and bash them every chance I get.

Wild Card many of your new sounds are week my cat sounds more ferocious than my rex, the Flyer Nerf is unacceptable and needs to be reverted/fixed sooner rather than later.  Tribe logs only work half the time and after last nights update all my dinos where attacking everything that moved around my base and had to set them to passive again.  Do you have a QA department and do you run your patches by them before you release?  You ultimately need to get your heads on straight you can't even keep your patches verbiage correct.  Your client showed build 256.23 and when you click it the page says current version 256.23 scroll down there are 2 entries for 256.22 and on the server select screen is said upgrading to 256.2 with the servers showing 256.21.  Last night there was an update to 256.24 or so it said on the ingame message though the servers are at 256.23 and the page has not been updated.  So I'm not sure you really have a clue about what your doing atm so just return our flyers back to what they where and get on with life on the Ark.

Edited by Chrisnuss

4 hours ago, TrexArms said:

She said SIX CATS!!.. OMG Girrrllll....you cant be telling people that when you over here trying to insult them. SIX Cats!!!:Jerbmad::Jerbmad::Jerbmad::Jerbmad::Jerbmad::Jerbcry: This is how her cats be looking at her while she ignores them all night flying to the other side of her base. SIX CATS!!!

Did you forget the part where I also said 'fiance'? 

43 minutes ago, Milsurp said:

and those supporting the patch on these forums are a tiny, tiny, tiny portion of the playerbase. They're the ones who should be called the loud, vocal minority. Except they're not loud, nor vocal. Just a minority of those who are posting.

...point? Dude, there are HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS MORE PEOPLE who don't CARE about the nerf who DON'T BOTHER POSTING ABOUT IT. Because they're not upset. Jesus, you're not bright, are you? 

1 hour ago, clumsynynja said:

...point? Dude, there are HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS MORE PEOPLE who don't CARE about the nerf who DON'T BOTHER POSTING ABOUT IT. Because they're not upset. Jesus, you're not bright, are you? 

There also just as many people who ARE upset who aren't posting. Fun fact in the gaming world: your forums only represent 10% of your population. So in light of that, and the thousands of responses about how bad this is, multiply that by 10 to get the real numbers and now you suddenly see how many truly hate this nerf. But hey, don't let facts fool you, just consider them as alternative facts if you will.

12 minutes ago, EleLL said:

There also just as many people who ARE upset who aren't posting. Fun fact in the gaming world: your forums only represent 10% of your population. So in light of that, and the thousands of responses about how bad this is, multiply that by 10 to get the real numbers and now you suddenly see how many truly hate this nerf. But hey, don't let facts fool you, just consider them as alternative facts if you will.

Same to you, bud ;) Exact same. :) 

Edited by clumsynynja

Just now, clumsynynja said:

Same to you, bud ;) 

You're a troll, and quite honestly, I've wasted enough time reading your condescending assanine responses to people. I won't even bother putting you on ignore because you have nothing of value to say, ever. So see ya asswipe. Oh, and feel free to respond because forum keyboard warriors who have no life (I read what you claimed as your life, rofl) such as yourself, will feel the need to have that last word, I happily grant it to you.

2 minutes ago, EleLL said:

You're a troll, and quite honestly, I've wasted enough time reading your condescending assanine responses to people. I won't even bother putting you on ignore because you have nothing of value to say, ever. So see ya asswipe. Oh, and feel free to respond because forum keyboard warriors who have no life (I read what you claimed as your life, rofl) such as yourself, will feel the need to have that last word, I happily grant it to you.

No, I'm not. 'I don't agree with you and won't back down, plus I have an argument you can't deny' does not make me a troll. 

I love how you can't win the flat-out debate, so you default to name calling and throwing your toys.  Pssttt, btw: you're on the same forum as I am, doing the same thing as I am. Maybe be careful mud-slinging- it tends to splash on your own face. ;)

Edited by clumsynynja

13 minutes ago, clumsynynja said:

No, I'm not. 'I don't agree with you and won't back down, plus I have an argument you can't deny' does not make me a troll. 

I love how you can't win the flat-out debate, so you default to name calling and throwing your toys.  Pssttt, btw: you're on the same forum as I am, doing the same thing as I am. Maybe be careful mud-slinging- it tends to splash on your own face. ;)

Dude you have dont nothing but name call, insult, belittle, and be most of all a pestering nit- people have come at you with logical arguments and you berate and insult them rather than counter rebuttal. You are the vocal minority who rattle their cages and smear poop all over the walls for attention regardless of the direction OF that attention. Truth be told the people who have invested thousands of hours into breeding have been told their time is worthless and frankly carrot and stick us. Offer us shiny new stuff then beat us senseless with a nerf: see raptor claws/giga nerfs/flyers/ect. They have made it impossible for low level tribes to get a foothold in DLC they may have paid for or been gifted and you ignore that constantly and instead patronize and insult- frankly you are worth no more time but for the sake of arguments being there what I have stated in MY rebuttal is factual. The game is broken and a far cry from what people were sold. You can call it alpha all you want but you offer gameplay as X and deliver it as Z then you lied to your consumer base and quite frankly should fail as a company. 

1 minute ago, Vermithrax said:

Dude you have dont nothing but name call, insult, belittle, and be most of all a pestering nit- people have come at you with logical arguments and you berate and insult them rather than counter rebuttal. You are the vocal minority who rattle their cages and smear poop all over the walls for attention regardless of the direction OF that attention. Truth be told the people who have invested thousands of hours into breeding have been told their time is worthless and frankly carrot and stick us. Offer us shiny new stuff then beat us senseless with a nerf: see raptor claws/giga nerfs/flyers/ect. They have made it impossible for low level tribes to get a foothold in DLC they may have paid for or been gifted and you ignore that constantly and instead patronize and insult- frankly you are worth no more time but for the sake of arguments being there what I have stated in MY rebuttal is factual. The game is broken and a far cry from what people were sold. You can call it alpha all you want but you offer gameplay as X and deliver it as Z then you lied to your consumer base and quite frankly should fail as a company. 

Yeah, no. To all of this. :) (Also lol 'factual' that's funny. That's hilarious.) 

Edited by clumsynynja

• Volunteer Moderator
36 minutes ago, EleLL said:

Actually, you're both wrong. While it's true that there are even more people that are/aren't upset who aren't posting, the fact that they do not make their voices heard makes it hard if not impossible to properly dictate how the whole community feels. While it's true that forums represent only a fraction of the population, this in no way shape or form means that the division of opinions within the forum community is directly proportional to the entirety of the populace.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Wazzamaniac said:

Does anyone else find the horses (actually find them at all, they're so damn rare) kind of... slow?

I think they should be able to run faster than they do currently without spending so many points into speed.

They are slow. I found one on SE, pumped it's speed to 130 and was unable to outrun a  wild wolf.

the last big update is the biggest trash ive ever seen in Ark. The menu is confusing and unclear. I am handycapped and it is very very hard to see the difference between Background, Picture and letters. Also ist just stupid to make the flying dinos slow as a steamtrain. What the hell was wrong with the earlier Version??? Never Change a  winning Team.

So it is Tuesday and It was said over the weekend there would be teaks to the Flyers  over upcoming week is there any word on what those tweaks are yet?  Why are horses so rare the unicorns where to be rare I honestly thought horses where to take over for the birds as fast heavy transports but you can't find them.

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, Chrisnuss said:

So it is Tuesday and It was said over the weekend there would be teaks to the Flyers  over upcoming week is there any word on what those tweaks are yet?  Why are horses so rare the unicorns where to be rare I honestly thought horses where to take over for the birds as fast heavy transports but you can't find them.

The tweaks will be coming tomorrow, as mentioned here: 

15 hours ago, clumsynynja said:

Have you talked to each and every one of them to confirm "they're not upset"? Because they could just be so POd they are not bothering to post, they're just not playing. You can't claim you know their minds any more than I can. 

I'm going off of the forum posts for my response to that other conversation, which you were not a part of. Most of the posters are upset. A small minority are defending the patch, and of that many are trollers and non-constructive insulters, like you. 

13 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

Actually, you're both wrong. While it's true that there are even more people that are/aren't upset who aren't posting, the fact that they do not make their voices heard makes it hard if not impossible to properly dictate how the whole community feels. While it's true that forums represent only a fraction of the population, this in no way shape or form means that the division of opinions within the forum community is directly proportional to the entirety of the populace.

You know that polling uses a fraction of a population and assumes the results are directly proportional to the entire populace, right? Exactly what you're claiming isn't valid. 

Now forums aren't statistically valid polling. You are getting the input from people who will make the effort on their own, and their motivations are a factor. Some people are legitimately concerned with the future of the product, some are concerned with the impact on their personal games, and some are just trolling on here (proof enough you can't assume good motivations for posting. Also you should be moderating those trollers, dude. Some are confessing they don't even play with tames and the patch doesn't actually affect them. They're just on here to screw with people and get forum participation ranks from it. They derail anything they can, and that's not constructive.)

I'd recommend putting a feature-based polling system in place and integrating it with the program both on launch and on shutdown. Be proactive and use your tech so you can get statistically valid results, and above all, ask honest questions in the poll. Don't be all leading-question and seeking validation for your decisions. Be straight up "Do you want this to work this way or that way?" and take the answers you get.