Patch 256: Equus, Leedsichthys, Ichthyornis, Iguanodon, Underwater Bases, & More!

Jen

15 hours ago, UDGxKnight said:

The problem with that is that its really hard to keep wild creatures in pens without them eventually despawning or such. They really should have made it tamable so that way you don't have to worry about the despawning or it magically glitching through walls 

Maybe they changed it for the leeds so they don't despawn? To allow for the meat harvesting 

With this god awful flyer nerf how are we supposed to get dragons? Nothing can move fast enough to outrun them now and ground dinos are not capable of going into the worlds scar to get the eggs. Also with quetzalcoatlus, caging them is the only feasible method not unless you intend to let it stop running before you shoot. Maybe it would be best to limit flyers rather than make them basically useless?

5 minutes ago, ldb23 said:

i had a bred one that hatched at 190 and was unleveled and is now 158

Had the same issue with a Quetz I tamed. It was a 135, went out at 202 and now after the nerf it's just 180, so I'll kill it... The levels got lower because there won't be points put into past-taming-stats for speed,.. It would be good for non-flyers, so Rexes etc. get more points into health and melee! :D 

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, DomiDarko said:

Had the same issue with a Quetz I tamed. It was a 135, went out at 202 and now after the nerf it's just 180, so I'll kill it... The levels got lower because there won't be points put into past-taming-stats for speed,.. It would be good for non-flyers, so Rexes etc. get more points into health and melee! :D 

Don't kill it before you gives the Devs a chance to make some buffs. It may not get back to where it was, but it is likely to improve. If you kill it now you'll never know.

2 minutes ago, DomiDarko said:

yea also annoyed at my wyverns though one went from 199 to about 160 and wasnt given any levels back to pump. has 300ish stamina now and can hardly fly anywhere its had 1500 before that and 120% movement speed before nerf now 100% such a waste, 100% imprint aswel :'(

Just now, scratchnsniff said:

ok is it me...or did they not put points u can spend in movement speed?? cuz how the **** can u out run a wyvern?? all my argy's are back to 100% speed..there slow as hell

nope no more upping movment speed, thats the speed they all go and stay at now, you cant outrun a wyvern anymore so no more wyvern breeding unless you can kill them all first.... great right...?

Sorry but the Leedsichthys doesn't give a fun challenge it just wipes all raft bases regardless of material. 

4k damage per hit direct to raft through metal foundations without even damaging anything else is stupid.

Lost hours of work without a single thing i could do to defend.

If this is how you want it Devs then you should just remove the raft altogether, cause they're now pointless.

39 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

Don't kill it before you gives the Devs a chance to make some buffs. It may not get back to where it was, but it is likely to improve. If you kill it now you'll never know.

Do you think they'll give us the points back we had to spent on stamina now (they are the ones they took from movement speed)? If not, then I have no points left on most flyers and because we don't have mindwipe tonics for creatures, there's no point in keeping them. This isn't well thought out if they have to destroy destroyed flyers over and over.

As being a server admin and solo-tribe there are just 2 ways to go for me now:

1st: Spawn in Tek-armor + thousands of Element and get across the island fast enough that way (soloing bosses is near impossible except for easy Broodmother and Megapithecus).

2nd: Completely quit Ark and not renewing my server-rental until flyers get buffed. I'm not a big fan of carpal tunnel syndrom and I just won't spend even more time on this already grindy game.

Love the updates. I would love to see the shovel added to this where if one used the shovel on the ground you could place a chest full of items here ,and you could see this mound covered treasure, but others could not, but if they where to use a shovel they could uncover these riches. Could be fun creating more pirate like game play aspect. How about cowboy,indian,Roman,pirate etc  clothing?Quicksand,Swamp boss Hydra. Loving this game.

Edited by Topherallen07

20 minutes ago, Porki said:

Has anyone thought that the flyers nerf is some kind of april fools joke? 

It it is, it would be the worst ever.

They have upset many players of the game with that and maybe lost some already. 

What really grinds my gears is that there is no official statement yet from the WC-team.

And to be honest, if they will keep that nerf as it is, it will kill all the fun for the people playing on the official servers, regardless if PVP or PVE.

I'll wait with continuing playing ARK until there is an official statement from Wildcard.

If they will keep it,they will lose another player with me.

Which would be sad,honestly.

Because I really loved playing ARK for over 1.5  years,but this update killed ARK, IMO. :(

23 minutes ago, Wildsimon said:

It it is, it would be the worst ever.

They have upset many players of the game with that and maybe lost some already. 

What really grinds my gears is that there is no official statement yet from the WC-team.

And to be honest, if they will keep that nerf as it is, it will kill all the fun for the people playing on the official servers, regardless if PVP or PVE.

I'll wait with continuing playing ARK until there is an official statement from Wildcard.

If they will keep it,they will lose another player with me.

Which would be sad,honestly.

Because I really loved playing ARK for over 1.5  years,but this update killed ARK, IMO. :(

unfortunately feel the same thats what i will be doing i think, far too much work gone breeding  and taming for this to be acceptable. yea they needed a pvp nerf but this makes them useless. sucks:(