Patch 256: Equus, Leedsichthys, Ichthyornis, Iguanodon, Underwater Bases, & More!

Jen

Well, RIP Ark. I was kind of expecting it would end like that. Wildcard just doesn't know how to balance things. If I look at League of Legends for example...They slightly change things, look what happens within the next week and if it wasnt enough or too much, they fix it. But you just chop a hole into our birdcage and yell " HERE'S JOHNNY!!!"

Somewhere, Jat mentioned that private servers would be able to avoid this clusterraptor that WC has thrust upon us. Right now, I have one remaining tribe member who has been told NOT to update their game, and to not exit the game. I refuse to allow my aviary to be completely screwed by WC that I've spent months breeding up and working up to where they are now because WC can't get their heads out of their asses and the "but we'll tweak it now!" excuse doesn't fly with me. This was a completely non-transparent nerf that was designed to piss off your playerbase, congrats, you did it. You've made it to where I don't want to be on land, I now can't go out to sea, and now I should limp along in the skies because "balance". Screw the balance. I'm going over the config files and the options I have in there, and the only thing I can see is the PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed<type>[<attribute>]=<multiplier> and PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoWild[<attribute>]=<multiplier>. 

If there is no way to rectify this situation on my server, I will simply shut it down and demand my money back from our host and let them know it's WCs fault. This was poorly thought out, poorly executed, and the idea of trying to "fix" it now that the base is angry is a crap way to handle things. Typically, companies tend to NOT try to piss off their base (which also explains the 67% off in the Steam shop, expecting this were you?) and tweak things as they go. 

What a complete and utter disaster. If I didn't have tribemates reliant on me, I would tell you to go shove a pike up your asses and shut it all down.

Sad to say it but this nerf really makes me rethink getting back into the game... As a game dev myself Im usually the one playing the devil's advocate for the devs but this is really just too much.

I can understand wanting to nerf the fliers so that grounders see more use but trying to do so when the game is this far into its early access (2 years about?) is just plain stupid.  A lot of things relied on and were built around the creatures having speed and stamina (IE getting dragon eggs, picking) now these areas of the game are all but ruined.  Look, WC, I know you guys are new and all but this was more than a rookie mistake.

If this was an April Fools joke, then well played, if not, then I guess I can call Steam for a refund.

:Jerbcry:

Everyone are hoping that this is April Fools joke, I sincerely hope so as well from the depth of my heart. Maybe it's not a coincidence they delayed it up till this sneaky day. Maybe they just want to see our reactions and then either pretend it was supposed to be a joke or just go on without caring about how many players they're going to lose. If this turns out not to be a joke, I'm deciding to kill all my animals, disband my tribe, throw away all the blueprints, demolish all the hard work, uninstall and leave a nasty not recommended opinion about the game.

Devs, listen to your player base before it's too late.

This patch ruined the game you claim that flyers were op but yet you allowed titans to attack bases and the only defence were wyverns you ruined that. We spent 3-4 days up breeding quetzals working on bloodlines you ruined that, everything you make the game exciting you take three steps back. You dont listen to your customers if you did you would think before you allow such changes you dont even warn people of these changes. You want to compete to wow, conan and other games coming out but you do this. I am sure if you spent hundreds of hours raising a dino from a egg you would rethink plus you also took lvls from dinos and didnt replace with points. Everyone was excited for new dinos raising aquatic dinos and once again you broke the game. Try for just once listening to customers instead of lining your pockets and making silly mistakes when the game fails look in the mirror and realize you cause this. If you spent more time fixing lag issues dc issues people cheating and the glitches we wouldnt be where we are today. Thank you for raptoring up again one really good game.Cant catch quetzls, cant feed or catch wyverns, no use in breeding list can go on just from one patch. Thanks for losing the lvls i busted my ass to get.

Edited by LittleMickey
forgot somethings

I am enjoying a lot of the sound edits and I hate to be negative about so much but PLEASE give us our T Rex roar back.  All the reverb is gone.  They sound like they are roaring from under water.  Having my rex roar was one of those "Wow, how cool" moments in the game and you took that away too.  No insult to whatever the process was that made the decision to make them sound like a lizard hissing from under a puddle........but,  I am respectfully pleading for that awesome RAWR to come back. 

this is absolutely one of the worse things you could have dropped at one time. you guys deffiently should have steadily dont this. all flying tames are now complete garbage, you cannot just take 1 item our of a stack until it is in your inventory, cannot increase tribe inventory ranks. i appriciate the game and all that you guys have done to make it grteat but please fix this

I hope this is an April Fools.

I really do. Are you really going to punish everyone, because you have appearently never played any game ever? If you think speed stats are too advantageous for flyers (even if there have been nerfs before), try a soft cap approach using diminishing returns first, if simply reducing speed-gain-per-level doesn't do, but hard capping at base speed? That doesn't even work with certain aspects of the game anymore. Most prominent example being to get your first wyvern eggs. Do you expect people to shoot up the whole scar, so your now super slow ptera can fetch the egg without combusting? Either that or someone of the tribe has to sacrifice their tame, as there is no way to outspeed them on any flyer but wyverns anymore.

Dinos in ARK and the way they interact with one another are mostly all about the math. Now that there are certain things in place, some dinos are (supposedly) meant to beat others in certain fields and circumstances, you have to make sure that changes to your game don't knock over these structures and since that is mostly about math, all that requires is reading values from tables, assuring that one is still bigger/smaller/tied with another.

And if you are not capable to even to do that, whoever was responsible of balacing here, I really begin to doubt your ability to do so.

So please, let this be an April Fools joke.

Nevermind the "there is no way to outspeed them on any flyer but wyverns anymore". Wyverns don't recieve their imprint bonus on speed anymore.

Edited by SpellFoX

GAH  I am in my base and a therizino spawns INSIDE my crowded base and almost kills my wyvern before I can get to it and kill it.  I thought you guys fixed this!!!!  Wilds are NOT still supposed to be spawning inside bases.  SHEESH!  If I hadn't been right there...................   OH and I took one of my hand fed Q's out and only flew her to my sea pen to check it and back and I RAN OUT of stamina.  The sea pen is right next to my base............Really?   You guys DO realize that we can't recharge our Q's from the air means we have to land our Q's to recharge............. A Q on the ground is completely helpless............It CAN'T fight.  If it is out of stamina it can't fly away if it lands near, oh, let's say a pack of troodons that will prevent it from ever building stamina, or even compys.  A Q can't fight while landed and will be slaughtered by anything from bugs to whatever is near.  This is game breaking.  My sea base which was right next door and I ran out of stamina before getting back to where I took off.  How am I gonna fly around and feed?  After over a year and over 4 thousand hours playing, this may be it.  You have made the game unplayable.  I cannot maintain what I DO have let alone get my counts down enough to even consider taming or breeding again.  IT was a nice run but you have made it impossible.  

In case you guys didn't notice, they also snuck this into the patch notes after the patch hit.

* Limited one C4 attached per dino, unless you run with this console command: ?AllowMultipleAttachedC4=true

Significantly reducing the effectiveness of Turtle Bombs. With the Flyer nerf, no flyer will go anywhere near a base with Turrets, they'd get lit up and dropped in seconds before they could even flee. All that leaves for base assault, is land dinos, which can easily be stopped with Metal Pillars, Large Bear Traps and Chain Bolas, then lit up and killed.

I will not be playing this weekend due to the flyer nerf.  I'll check back on next patch but if this is a permanent thing they need to ensure that those of us with private servers have the ability to un-nerf it.  I've worked hard to bring up speed on some of my flyers.  It's not an unbalance when you have to select which attributes in which to put your points.  Some of my flyers have beefed up speed, some have beefed up weight, etc.  This is a major part of what makes the game fun for me.

Un-nerf flyer speed or give us the ability to do so.  

as someone who plays on a private server with only friends and zero PVP, the bird nerf annoys the crap out of me but not nearly as much as the raft murdering fish. as soon as i found out this was a thing, i had to log in and move all my valuables out of my rafts and into a land base. i guess exploring the seas are a no go now :/

Just now, Whirlybird said:

as someone who plays on a private server with only friends and zero PVP, the bird nerf annoys the crap out of me but not nearly as much as the raft murdering fish. as soon as i found out this was a thing, i had to log in and move all my valuables out of my rafts and into a land base. i guess exploring the seas are a no go now :/

lol I have one of those spawn right at my base location I just started working on! Being singleplayer I had to put on god mode on my shark and take it out to destroy it! Lucky my raft is right in the shallow waters!