Patch 256: Equus, Leedsichthys, Ichthyornis, Iguanodon, Underwater Bases, & More!

Jen

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Yea, I noticed my wyverns maxed out ~20 levels lower than what it should've considering it was a 148...

Congratulations wildcard! You made from an mostly fun but often annoying and frustrating game a even worser game after the new update. Because all the flying dino levels are changed now i lost my best ptera in the swamp when he suddenly had to land because of the low stamina after the update! It was a level 264. Also the new menu looks terrible and everything is hard to read. I hoped you fixed the splitscreen menu also because playing splitscreen is impossible even on my 55 inch tv. I cant play splitscreen with my girlfriend because  we get a headache. All the people on the  server are complaining about the new update. Also the lag makes the game unplayable the last weeks so fix it Wildcard! We are not paying money for this buggy and laggy game. 

On 3/31/2017 at 9:16 PM, Violet said:

Okay so let's see.

New UI - great, looks good!

New sounds... Hmm, sounds different but can get used to.

Flyer nerf - NO, ABSOLUTE FREAKING NO.

Base movement only. Tapejara now slower than Quetzal. Wyvern takes half stamina for one lightning bolt.

Questions: How are you supposed to steal eggs from scar now if you have no wyvern and depend on argent/tape/ptera? Anyone?

Do devs even communicate? This is ridiculous. Idk what pvp players did to deserve such nerf, but please bit of god don't affect pve with it. This is unplayable. On the other side I understand pve can be a bit boring cause flyers are free to roam around without any trouble but this is just too much. They have been nerfed to the ground, and wild flyers like tapejara or argent are still having the same speed? How are you supposed to capture a tapejara now? Count for it to land?

This patch just blew my mind. You ruined my gaming experience. Sorry for being so negative, I love ark, I really do. But nerfing flyers SO HARD on >>>PVE<<< is just like a blow below your waist. Take it back. Set a SPEED LIMIT INSTEAD! Or make new base speed. PLEASE.

OH AND BY THE WAY!

Center is still missing thylacoleos and overall update from February. Thought about that maybe? Now not getting March update either? What a joke.

Flying nerf is ridiculous and ui looks and is useless

On 3/31/2017 at 9:58 PM, Emilhouser said:

I called Steam Customer Service, and explained what happened, the impact on the game and the time I have lost.  They offered a full refund for both the game and SE applied to my Steam account.  

Yes everybody needs to do this cause that's the only way wildcard is going to the hint. They have sold a lot of games but once they get back charged maybe they will listen to the majority instead of some crybaby pvp'ers

25 minutes ago, DR3AMMA5TER said:

Congratulations wildcard! You made from an mostly fun but often annoying and frustrating game a even worser game after the new update. Because all the flying dino levels are changed now i lost my best ptera in the swamp when he suddenly had to land because of the low stamina after the update! It was a level 264. Also the new menu looks terrible and everything is hard to read. I hoped you fixed the splitscreen menu also because playing splitscreen is impossible even on my 55 inch tv. I cant play splitscreen with my girlfriend because  we get a headache. All the people on the  server are complaining about the new update. Also the lag makes the game unplayable the last weeks so fix it Wildcard! We are not paying money for this buggy and laggy game. 

x1000

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, Contingency said:

So i thought that the points that went into speed were supposed to be refunded.... not the case. They were just deleted. Hope this is a bug, is that the case @Jat?

Not a bug, The points that YOU spent into speed got refunded, not the ones that were generated pre/post-tame. The "wasted" points are no longer reflected on flyers' level.

2 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Not a bug, The points that YOU spent into speed got refunded, not the ones that were generated pre/post-tame. The "wasted" points are no longer reflected on flyers' level.

You do realise that this means any new max level tame is essentially going to be better than what you already have? By deleting instead of refunding the "wasted points" WC literally made it so any new wyvern egg that you hatch now is better than what you have now. 1 less attribute for the points to be allocated to randomly.

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, Contingency said:

You do realise that this means any new max level tame is essentially going to be better than what you already have? By deleting instead of refunding the "wasted points" WC literally made it so any new wyvern egg that you hatch now is better than what you have now. 1 less attribute for the points to be allocated to randomly.

I'm playing on PC, so I'm aware of that for the past month. Though people are so negative about it. Don't see it as "my dinos are sh*t now", you just have the possibility to get better. Just like when they increased wild level from 120 to 150, all our tames were outdated but we now had the possibility to get stronger dinos. Going out taming new stats, would be a better investment of time than complaining on the forums; just saying.

Edited by invincibleqc

On 3/31/2017 at 10:09 PM, ldb23 said:

yea them damn eels! i'm taking nothing to the open water till they get sorted, killing my 248 plesi and 255 mega before i could shoot them all off. stupid!

other than that though this patch looks fantastic as always WC!

tame a basilosaurus job done i kill alpha mosas with mine on official and eels n jellyfish cant touch em 

3 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

I'm playing on PC, so I'm aware of that for the past month. Though people are so negative about it. Don't see it as "my dinos are sh*t now", you just have the possibility to get better. Just like when they increased wild level from 120 to 150, all our tames were outdated but we now had the possibility to get stronger dinos. Going out taming new stats, would be a better investment of time than complaining on the forums; just saying.

I understand your point of view and yes that is the other side of the coin, the prettier side. But think about it, this is significantly different from increasing the level cap. With the level cap increase, taming a 120 before and after the update literally nothing changed. You could tame a 150 and still not end up with better stats than what you already have. With this update, literally any level equivalent tame to what you already have is going to have better stats guaranteed. Wyverns were a new introduction to the game after the level cap increase, which are not even remotely as easy to replace as creatures that can be tamed. I understand what you are saying that nothing really changed with the tames we already have. What changed is that our flyers are no where near comparable to what can be obtained with less effort as of this patch. Making the time sunk into hunting, taming, trading and raising worth far less than if the level cap were raised again.

Obviously the only thing that we can do is tame more and move forward. If you like the change they made then I am happy for you. My opinion that seems to be shared by many others is stated above. By not speaking up about what you do not like "complaining" about the changes that were made then, it defeats the purpose of participating in the game development... I do not believe they thoroughly scoped all the impacts their changes would have on the existing players; just saying.

Wildcard needs to be held accounotable for these stolen levels. This isn't just wasted points, this affects a flyers max level. This isn't just hours or days they have effectively stolen, it's months. Many people have tamed max level dinos, and breed them repeatedly to obtain mutes and high stats. Only to have a max level mute be rendered several levels below what it once was. They really should have had the foresight to adjust the stats differently or reset a dinos level completely and given the appropriate attribute points back to reflect the dinos BASE level and not aloud it to go any lower. I personally spent months waiting and finding other tribes to breed max level quetz, then put 100% imprinting on a baby. I didn't want to waste that much time and effort imprinting anything below 224 since quetz takes EIGHT DAYS to raise. Normally when games make such big changes ALL attributes get refunded because they change how you play and level up completely. But that's not even the worst part, worse still they STOLE LEVELS FROM DINOS. I can deal with the nerf, this however is unacceptable in every way. There's no excuse for it.

5 minutes ago, Sycojo said:

Wildcard needs to be held accounotable for these stolen levels. This isn't just wasted points, this affects a flyers max level. This isn't just hours or days they have effectively stolen, it's months. Many people have tamed max level dinos, and breed them repeatedly to obtain mutes and high stats. Only to have a max level mute be rendered several levels below what it once was. They really should have had the foresight to adjust the stats differently or reset a dinos level completely and given the appropriate attribute points back to reflect the dinos BASE level and not aloud it to go any lower. I personally spent months waiting and finding other tribes to breed max level quetz, then put 100% imprinting on a baby. I didn't want to waste that much time and effort imprinting anything below 224 since quetz takes EIGHT DAYS to raise. Normally when games make such big changes ALL attributes get refunded because they change how you play and level up completely. But that's not even the worst part, worse still they STOLE LEVELS FROM DINOS. I can deal with the nerf, this however is unacceptable in every way. There's no excuse for it.

Ummm, it's an in development game that can undergo change (nerfed/stolen/whatever you wanna call it) at any time.. shame on you for acting like your entitled to anything when they have been upfront about the stage of this game. You need to be held accountable for making an ignorant purchase of which you clearly can't deal with. QQ less and maybe do more research before spending your money and time. 

Am i the only one who thinks, even though we've lost levels and max level tames are longer max level, its going to be excited to go and tame new 145/150 dinos again, breed in more stats and more muts. Makes the game slightly more refreshing.

Yeah, its a bit s**t losing levels. Yeah, flying a quetz is hideously slow.

But, its Ark.

You'll all complain, but it'll still take hours of your daily life.

And you'll all keep playing.

If the dev's made no changes and kept it mundane. You'd all complain.

Change is good. Embrace it :)

On 4/27/2017 at 5:13 AM, invincibleqc said:

Reall did you spend the last 6 months raising birds to excellent states i think not it was my time you bet your ass I'm pist should had did this before they let you breed not breed for months hours days to have poop at the end because done jack hole pushed a button

So, just curious if these are the final numbers for the flyer nerf on xbox? Please let me know. Have several friends/tribemates (including myself) who are awaiting the answer. I know you said it was going to continue to be tweaked, but my quetz can't fly across my base without landing now. Thought that was a little overboard.

I personally think the update is ridiculous, not just from a standpoint of PvP but PvE.

Usually I simply play single-player, mostly because all the servers are overpopulated with nowhere to build and are laggy as f*** making progress more or less impossible for newer players unless they have a buddy... which even then, is pretty difficult.

UI scale is still a thing... but that doesn't really fix my issue. I can make the UI as big as I want, but some of the text is still too damn small to read without shoving my face against the screen. I suppose it is something I can get used to however though I still prefer the old UI and since there are no mods for PS4, there's no way of changing the UI back without back-dating and losing the new dinos.

Carbonemys seem to have been shut-up a bit at least. They were so damn noisy, just spamming their idle sounds over and over... oh wait, I take that back. They're still noisy buggers!
Dodo's are fairly quiet now, though sound rather like a nervous Meerkat when they do make noise.

Pteranodon flying noise sounds like someone shaking a wellington boot... it gets annoying. CAN'T INCREASE FLYING SPEED!? SERIOUSLY?

And of course, still can't interrupt the damn animation when levelling up your dino... so if you happen to level up and a dino happens to come up behind you? You're going to be a punching bag until your dinosaur finishes its animation whether it be swinging its tail, jumping on the spot or flapping its wings. Luckily if you're riding a dino that has the ability to jump, you can override and skip the animation by doing so... doesn't work on flyers apparently though. This in my opinion is a major flaw. No-one cares about some diddly little animation they've seen a million times before that simply wastes time.

Haven't checked the swamp yet. Prior to update it was far too laggy to actually get anything done in there and there was an island not far from it with 37 Dilophosaurus... a rather broken spawn-point I think so I'll be eager to see if this area is fixed. (On the map, Centre)
I've heard Thylo still do not spawn in the Redwood on Centre?

Now basically:
-If you live on an island, you're screwed. Flyers are nerfed and your boat will be destroyed in about 10 hits from the huge fish. (Seriously, we need a raft/boat update, options to link rafts or make bigger boats! There's only so much foundation and ceiling you can put on a boat!
-If you had trouble reading the UI then congratulations, you're going to have even more trouble reading it, especially if trying to read the spoil time of an item which is now a tiny counter in the bottom right corner of the tooltip.
-If you were annoyed by Carbonemys idle noises... you're still going to be annoyed.
-Parasaurs now sound like a Hippo... go figure. (Seriously, I preferred the noise prior to update / Iguanadon now seems to have the Parasaur noises... mrr.)

EDIT:
-I had 3 stacks of 20 meat which were about a minute from spoiling. So naturally, I split the stacks into ones so it would all spoil rather than one bit at a time. However, when out gathering hide, it all instantly stacked up again the moment I picked up more raw meat! I mean, it's nice to have things auto-stack but not so much when you're trying to get spoiled meat for Narcotics!