Patch 256: Equus, Leedsichthys, Ichthyornis, Iguanodon, Underwater Bases, & More!

Jen

Why add a mechanic that is cool in the game if you can't use it.  I have a Petera and basically put every lvl I get in stamina I begin flying and hit c just cause I think it's fun and boom, time to land.  Really that was never the case before, Flyers are still screwed and need to be fixed.  My Argy is slow but with 1.5k stamina I can make it from my house tot he center of the island almost.  Really devs I believe it is time for Mk.3 and soon.  And to those posts above that are arguing about most people still hate or don't have I can say this I for one am not happy with the flyers yet and have heard on my server several still complaining.

On 3/31/2017 at 2:33 PM, Dracul said:

leeds are aggressive? Why am I not surprised after the slew of bazaar dino behaviors of late (im looking at you especially theriz). Underwater bases is something iv wanted for a long, long time, but sense its exclusively tek tier as a TWO YEAR official primitive player, im boned.  oh well maybe primal survival will be a thing that dosnt suck soon. (If it turns into a play-dino version of SOTF im gonna smack someone.)

You play on a primitive, why would you ever assume that Tek would come there?

2 hours ago, McJeepers said:

You play on a primitive, why would you ever assume that Tek would come there?

I didn't, ever. I hoped for underwater bases two years ago when they were just a rumor - and lemme tell ya iv put too much time and effort into my prim base to leave to start from scratch (nearly, I have a 78 char somewhere on a normal pve) and have to put in even more time and effort to get into the very impractical tek tier stuff. Getting shoehorned into having to mass breed super rexes constantly so I cant constantly craft and fuel tek stuff is as far removed from fun as I think I can get in ark without spending time in a cage with nothing but a loincloth and my poop to keep my company.

I like the flyer nerf quite a bit. Now there is finally a reason to own land dinos again. That being said, i think Leedsichthys is too much. It would be fine if we had a fish that attacked boats, but it would need to chew through our defenses. then water defending would become a thing and undefended/unused boats is what would get destroyed. Now on the other hand boats became useless as anything but shore platforms.