RIP LVL-95 on Official Hardcore Server

Axis

1 hour ago, Axis said:

Ummmmm ark..... LVL 254 Squid with 50khp 500% and a 244Mosa with 30khp and 450%. I was LVL95 on hardcore all DEAD TO A GOD DAMN EEL!!!!!! How has this not been fixed yet?

The devs don't playtest their own content on land, let alone the ocean content. Eventually when Ark gets to the mythical Beta phase, sometime in 2059, we might see balancing passes to broken dinos and mechanics. For now, "Insert generic catch-all about early access, how you signed up for it and how the devs are infallible".

Realistically, unless you have no choice, avoid the water. The caves in particular. If you have to go in the water, use a Basil. Even a level 5 one is basically immune to the biggest terror of the oceans, Eels. 

Ouch. My condolences to you, your friends and family.

On a serious note, the direction WC is taking Ark isn't a direction I find enjoyable. While my loss last night wasn't as big as yours, losing an almost 300 argy because a lv. 10 thylacoleo pounced me, killed me, and everything else around us swarmed my argy to death, is incredibly annoying. Yes, he was on neutral with a JM saddle. You can't go too deep in the ocean without being stun locked to death by glitchy eels. You can't fly through/near the red woods because of thylacoleo's. You can't fly too close to the ground because of purlovias. You can't fly/move too slowly because of microraptors. Either add something that allows us to reliably counter this dismount/stun mechanic, or do away with it.

It doesn't add a challenge. This game is about taming and using the strongest creatures we can find. Now they're ripping us off their backs and forcing us to battle without them.

In a game created around taming things, this makes absolutely no sense.

Just now, Xerxes013 said:

I mean... Unless you are solo or are on foot and need assistance, there is nevera good reason to have any tame on anything but passive. Your whole event would have been avoided.

I was flying solo. A passive tame sitting in the middle of a group of aggressive dino's has a less likely chance to survive than one on neutral.

Unless I'm missing something; mind sharing how a passive argy could've survived an attack from a carno and a thylacoleo?

Yeah I wanted to play hardcore and then I was like...... *Thinks back to all the times hes died from falling through the world, disconnected from the server, stuck between indestructable rocks, and countless issues with wild dinos glitching through walls or spawning inside bases....* nevermind.

Hardcore can be fun, Hardcore solo on a game where death can come randomly through no faults of your own after countless hours of hard work? That sounds too much like real life to me.

53 minutes ago, Irk said:

I was flying solo. A passive tame sitting in the middle of a group of aggressive dino's has a less likely chance to survive than one on neutral.

Unless I'm missing something; mind sharing how a passive argy could've survived an attack from a carno and a thylacoleo?

normally when the area is not rendered nothing should move, so reaspawn as fast as you can because while you are staring at your deatch screen things are still rendered ...

Just now, sal said:

normally when the area is not rendered nothing should move, so reaspawn as fast as you can because while you are staring at your deatch screen things are still rendered ...

Yup, I know. I was on another argy headed back. As soon as I got in to the redwoods area, it died. Being passive, like Xerxes mentioned, wouldn't have helped.

Archived