TheCenter: Public Testing [PC/Steam]

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hey guys!

At 1PM EST today we're wanting to do a special test on an Unofficial Server which will feature the updated Center Map. This will have some changes to the underwater world, include new dino spawns, and fix a bunch of holes and issues with the map. Ben ( @evilmrfrank - creator of TheCenter) is hoping that we'll be able to get a lot of 50 players online to test some very specific technical stuff with the changes.

The server is called: The Center Temp Beta Test Server of FUN and it will be listed as an Unofficial Server.

You can direct connect to the server here via: 

steam://connect/192.227.156.12:27015

You can download the updated workshop file here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=894188347

If you'd like to pop on early and check out the map, you're welcome to do so as it's the server is online now.

So if you're able to log on and help us out, that would be much appreciated! 

• Wildcard Staff

Thanks to everyone who took part in the testing today, things went extremely well and it helped take this one large step closer to official release :)  The server and the beta will remain up until close to official release and the beta will continue to be updated with fixes and new features until it is ready to go so feel free to join in and find issues/leave feedback etc!  Thanks again!

On 31/03/2017 at 7:35 PM, noicegammer said:

fix boss in the center because kil 2 boss for get only 8 elemento is stupid in the map island you get a lot and in scorched you get a lot to so why player play ark in the center not can get more element

This 1000x over. The fact that its been like that since Tek was released is ridiculous.

On 4/3/2017 at 5:28 AM, Jamage007 said:

This 1000x over. The fact that its been like that since Tek was released is ridiculous.

Dont worry, it WONT be in the update. But you will have 3x deep oceans on The Center. Because THAT is important. Comprende? 

----------------

Otherwise Im happy that WC involves people in this testing - but: how do you expect to receive the feedback from the testers? A guideline could be given to the plaayers, how to report issues in USABLE form.

Like providing a form with all the data you need to do the troubleshooting (eg: asking PPL to attach screenshot on every issues, GPS coordinates where meaningful etc)

Otherwise this testing wont yield any useful feedback. 

@evilmrfrank  So I did a quick run around on the test server.  Haven't ventured into the water yet as I need to be able to tame the right stuff to do that, though the elevated gathering and xp multipliers help with that.  The biggest issue I see in people being able to test the world is the PvP aspect because you already have PVPers setting up tek level stuff at the obi's to kill off anyone that comes near them.

You may want to consider a wipe of the test environment since it was reported about people transferring in extremely high level dinos and obviously spawning in with high level toons and setting up tek gear to keep others from doing things. If this was a test of a soley pvp environment that would be one thing, but you have people like me that have no interest in PvP trying to test out the environment who are going to run into issues by PvPers just wanting to kill people and their stuff.

Will report more information as I find it :)

1 hour ago, szabiferi said:

Dont worry, it WONT be in the update. But you will have 3x deep oceans on The Center. Because THAT is important. Comprende? 

----------------

Otherwise Im happy that WC involves people in this testing - but: how do you expect to receive the feedback from the testers? A guideline could be given to the plaayers, how to report issues in USABLE form.

Like providing a form with all the data you need to do the troubleshooting (eg: asking PPL to attach screenshot on every issues, GPS coordinates where meaningful etc)

Otherwise this testing wont yield any useful feedback. 

I agree, there should be a form in which to submit any issues.  It would also be nice if other "test players" understood that the point it to set the new server not to kill all the other test players that are trying to test the environmental aspects of the update.

On 3/30/2017 at 1:11 PM, iTzArkAngelx said:

keep getting the following error "The server IP is Invalid"

If you are putting the steam connect into your server list, remove the steam connect portion so it is just 192.227.156.12:27015  you can add this directly into your steam server list by clicking on View -> Servers in Steam itself, click Add a Server paste in the IP and port information then click Find Games at this Address to make sure Ark shows up, then click Add This Address to Favorites.

It will then show up on your Ark Server list when you choose the Favorites drop down.

4 hours ago, szabiferi said:

Are you freaking kidding me. Wow just wow. Devs need to learn how to prioritize. If there is anything needed to be added to The Center all the boss battles and difficulties should be way above everything else. Its totally unfair for us Center players and a total joke we still don't have them.

4 hours ago, Jamage007 said:

Are you freaking kidding me. Wow just wow. Devs need to learn how to prioritize. If there is anything needed to be added to The Center all the boss battles and difficulties should be way above everything else. Its totally unfair for us Center players and a total joke we still don't have them.

Wish I could joke... but I was as serious as I could be...  Im hapy that at least we got some info what will come, but very unhappy still no TEK tier on The Center. At least not in LEGIT way...

Archived