Titanoboa Egg Farm

Lemur

On 3/30/2017 at 8:30 PM, yinzer said:

Any tips on making this work in PvE where you can't pick up the wild boas? Maybe build below a cliff, or add ramps and kite things in?

Unless they recently changed it, there is a way to pick up boas.  You will need a tape and another tribe member.  One tribe member flies the tape while the other uses a crossbow and grapple hooks.  The player with the grapple shoots a boa while unmounted from the tape, then quickly runs to the tape and jumps on the front seat.  Then the player driving the tape flies everyone to the farm.

We did this with about 50 boas but there was always combat sounds using a variant of the farm in the video above, so i think the rectangular farm on the ground with a behe gate in the middle might work better on PVE.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/30/2017 at 0:19 PM, ChillOut said:

Not a bad idea. I've seen another one where you place the Boas in a rectangular pen on the ground, with a behemoth gate in the middle, and you kite them to one side, gather eggs, then wait a while and kite them back. They just go back and forth and you just keep gathering eggs from whichever side they aren't on. 

Good idea

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/4/2017 at 3:40 PM, wi110w said:

Unless they recently changed it, there is a way to pick up boas.  You will need a tape and another tribe member.  One tribe member flies the tape while the other uses a crossbow and grapple hooks.  The player with the grapple shoots a boa while unmounted from the tape, then quickly runs to the tape and jumps on the front seat.  Then the player driving the tape flies everyone to the farm.

We did this with about 50 boas but there was always combat sounds using a variant of the farm in the video above, so i think the rectangular farm on the ground with a behe gate in the middle might work better on PVE.

Thanks!!!!

• 2 months later...

Archived