The nerfing/volcano update

Broadwayx

12 hours ago, Teddansen said:

They're adding lava to the volcano? On the island? 

That's AWESOME! I hope it erupts from time to time to wipe anyone selfish enough to build there. 

No offense sir but I generally dislike anyone that builds there. It provides enough metal for the entire server to use yet some folk choose to have it all to themselves...arge

As for the nerfing i really don't care... It's ea so I expect plenty more where that came from

Totally agree! this is needed so badly, I'm glad. 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Teddansen said:

They're adding lava to the volcano? On the island? 

That's AWESOME! I hope it erupts from time to time to wipe anyone selfish enough to build there. 

No offense sir but I generally dislike anyone that builds there. It provides enough metal for the entire server to use yet some folk choose to have it all to themselves...arge

As for the nerfing i really don't care... It's ea so I expect plenty more where that came from

well you are getting this wrong, if you build a main base there then there will be no metal left for anybody =)

8 hours ago, iAmE said:

3: Still the largest concentration of resources in the game. 

People think the volcano is the best resource for metal, its not. On our island server we control the volcano but funnily enough we find ourselves mining at blue obi mountain more than we do on the volcano.

People just want the easy option of a central spot to mine and are too lazy to look at other options.

3 minutes ago, MijuIRL said:

People think the volcano is the best resource for metal, its not. On our island server we control the volcano but funnily enough we find ourselves mining at blue obi mountain more than we do on the volcano.

People just want the easy option of a central spot to mine and are too lazy to look at other options.

The Volcano is the best concentration of metal. For people who don't platform farm, it is by far, and away, the best place to mine. Even for people who are platforming, the Volcano is worth hitting.  It's not the largest spread of metal over an area, just the highest concentration in a small area

Just now, iAmE said:

The Volcano is the best concentration of metal. For people who don't platform farm, it is by far, and away, the best place to mine. Even for people who are platforming, the Volcano is worth hitting.  It's not the largest spread of metal over an area, just the highest concentration in a small area

Funny you should mention not platform farming. On a mantis in the same time it takes me to mine the volcano I go to blue obi and follow the two paths and I can mine more than the volcano with the added benefit of more crystal, more obsidian, more flint and stupid amount of stone. One run on blue obi alone will get you above 16k flint on an official server.

The blue obi is the most concentrated area for metal, flint, crystal and obsidian on island and that's a fact. People hate it there because of the cold etc but its definitely the best place to mine without a platform.

2 minutes ago, MijuIRL said:

Funny you should mention not platform farming. On a mantis in the same time it takes me to mine the volcano I go to blue obi and follow the two paths and I can mine more than the volcano with the added benefit of more crystal, more obsidian, more flint and stupid amount of stone. One run on blue obi alone will get you above 16k flint on an official server.

The blue obi is the most concentrated area for metal, flint, crystal and obsidian on island and that's a fact. People hate it there because of the cold etc but its definitely the best place to mine without a platform.

lets not talk about non-platform mining at all thats extremely unefficient.

When we talk about platform mining, we talk about weight glitching. So the Anky cannot move or you have to reset. The area around the blue obi is bad for platform farming, this will slow you down. The best mountain for platform farming is the frozen tooth, you can just brain-afk farm it in one go.

The volcano has a rather uneven metal distribution, but if you know where the metal is concentrated you can farm it very efficiently.

The blue obi would be actually the last mountain i goto for metal farming, i think all other mountains are superior =) But maybe things change when you dont use platform farming.

• Volunteer Moderator
13 hours ago, Broadwayx said:

. I speak for everyone who's been playing the game since the beginning like myself, listen to your real community.

Now after me and my tribe spend 6 months of our time building on volcano, you guys decide to add lava and screw us yet again, thanks for that. If that's added you can bet my tribe of over 50 will leave. 

1. You don't speak for everyone. A lot of the community hated the volcano and didn't want ppl building up there.

2. Welcome to a alpha where things change. You should expect buff nerfs for the coming months.

3. Good luck and bye if you leave just being polite.

Volcano is the highest concentration you can get, given ease of access (with quetz - even without platform) and safety.

You also need more metal than you do crystal and obsidian. I have a large chest full of crystal from farming the two mountains east of volcano. Specially the most eastern of those. This even if I don't go there to collect crystal specifically.

Just now, MijuIRL said:

I dunno about that. I pull about 8-9k Metal off of the Volc in about 15-20 minutes, but that's about as good as it gets. Blue obby will get me more metal, but it takes longer to get. 

On the other hand, running red river I can make 16k flint on official with my mantis in about half an hour. Crystal wise, I would hit Fars Peak first. Obsidian wise nothing beats frozen tooth. Ever.

Blue Oby, and the snow biome in general, is great for flying around in between mountain tops spawning, as there's a ton of stuff all over there, but for concentrated farming, I wouldn't call either of the blue ob mountains best. 

10 hours ago, skeeta said:

I'm wondering how the volcano is going to work. Will it still have the spawns at the top most of the time or will the crater just be lava? Will it gradually become more active until it erupts? Earth tremors everyone can feel?

It would be interesting if it had a huge RNG factor on it's blow time. If mats inside it slowly increased over time meaning you could get more as time goes on but the chance of being caught in the blast increases also.

I rather them just have it rumble a bit them blow it's load, after lava cools more metal is to be had. It would mean a rush to mine post launch. Also if lava flowed down far enough even lesser tribes could mine where the forest would be and get a lot of metal.

6 minutes ago, usrevenge said:

I rather them just have it rumble a bit them blow it's load, after lava cools more metal is to be had. It would mean a rush to mine post launch. Also if lava flowed down far enough even lesser tribes could mine where the forest would be and get a lot of metal.

i would not expect dynamic stuff like that but we will see, i guess it will be a static lava lake in the center

15 hours ago, Broadwayx said:

Wild card, can you guys stop nerfing every thing in the game? You guys are managing this game very poorly, never mind the deminishing servers and low population number you decide that the alphas who are built on volcano shall also quit with the new awful "lava" addition to appease the players who are built in stone huts who will play for a solid three weeks before ultimately deleting the game. If you look closely, on Xbox atleast, private servers are being played more then your official sever. Is is due to the fact they can erase the poor mismanagement of your game. Nerfing flyers yet again, probably he quetzals weight so you can have your players waste more time on the game. I speak for everyone who's been playing the game since the beginning like myself, listen to your real community. You've nerfed pteras into the ground, quetzals nerfed, gigas nerfed 6 times? Nothing has ever ever been buffed besides plant species. Now after me and my tribe spend 6 months of our time building on volcano, you guys decide to add lava and screw us yet again, thanks for that. If that's added you can bet my tribe of over 50 will leave. Instead of putting it onto the current volcano how about you add another instead of wasting people's time. In conclusion your servers are poop, you're nerfing everything enjoyable about the game and making it more time consuming. Raiding will be practically impossible at the rate you guys are going, still won't prevent alphas from raiding stone huts by the way so you're not appealing to any crowd. Doubt this will be read because y'all don't care. The game had so much potential, you guys should take notes from hi Rez , a company who listens to their players. Also, to fix the server issues, add micro transactions to the game. Maybe knight skins or swat skins, increases the income, nothing that's pay to win though. I speak for many, if you make an I game change, make it to where it doesn't potentially wipe a tribe, yea? Make sense? 

ive been here since day one and i dont like it when people like you speak for me, i dont like people building on the vulcano, i dont like fliers the way they are right now and i didnt like gigas the way they were before the nerf, in all of these aspects, WC has done exactly what i wanted them to do and what i personally feel is better for the game. fliers right now bypass everything so basically past lvl 35 you dont have to worry about anything except players anymore, which is silly since you only progressed 1/3th of the way.

and WC does listen to their players, thats why we have so many beautiful things to play with that were never intended by WC themselves.

and another thing, you have been warned many times that adjustments to the game will be made and that these adjustments could potentially make it so you have to move your base, you are complaining about the vulcano but do you know how many people had to move because of the redwoods and the snow biome and swamp? this is nothing compared to that, at max 1 tribe per server will have to move. and look at how much better the map has become with the redwoods and snow/swamp biome.

if you cannot handle changes dont play an EA game

16 hours ago, Broadwayx said:
 I speak for everyone who's been playing the game since the beginning like myself,

No you don't.

In fact I disagree with your point strongly. I am an alpha on an official Island server whose base is built in the volcano. I think the lava update is cool as hell. Will it be a pain in the absolut a**? Absolutely. But, we will be getting a heads up before release. We can break everything down, move all the turrets, etc. No skin off my back. And I get a cool Volcano event? Hell yeah!

14 hours ago, Xerxes013 said:

No you don't.

In fact I disagree with your point strongly. I am an alpha on an official Island server whose base is built in the volcano. I think the lava update is cool as hell. Will it be a pain in the absolut a**? Absolutely. But, we will be getting a heads up before release. We can break everything down, move all the turrets, etc. No skin off my back. And I get a cool Volcano event? Hell yeah!

I like your spirit!

On 3/29/2017 at 5:13 PM, Broadwayx said:
I speak for everyone who's been playing the game since the beginning like myself

Lmao no you dont. Im not sure if I agreed with a single thing you said but once I hit the sentence above I started skimming because I knew it wasnt worth my time. Dont ever assume you know what a whole player base thinks. Makes you look like an arrogant tool. Many of us are intelligent enough to understand the reasoning behind the nerfs and dont get all butt hurt over them. SMH

Mainly stop nerfing the flyers and gigas cause of alpha tribes in pvp are afraid of people actually posing a threat to them. Your killing the game for PVE players who is the majority of your player base from the understanding, or make the nerfs PVP only. You already shown you can make diffrent settings for PvE and PVP, Dinos grabbing things and such an example of this. Listen to your PVE players for once. 

15 minutes ago, AzraelRavenwing said:

Mainly stop nerfing the flyers and gigas cause of alpha tribes in pvp are afraid of people actually posing a threat to them. Your killing the game for PVE players who is the majority of your player base from the understanding, or make the nerfs PVP only. You already shown you can make diffrent settings for PvE and PVP, Dinos grabbing things and such an example of this. Listen to your PVE players for once. 

The flyer nerf is a nerf for PvE specifically. Not PvP. We've covered this at least a thousand times. Oh. Yeah. And nerfing Gigas and Flyers isn't because of Alpha Tribes. Stop blaming Alpha Tribes because you don't know what PvP is. 

Why the hell nerf it for PvE? that makes no damn sense. and for wyverns why the hell are nerf them, Gotta spend 4 days raising them, having to keep wyverns trapped to milk them, all the hell, and now they could make them basically worthless? that is a special kind of stupid. Either dont nerf em, or cut their raising times or make them eat stuff besides just milk.

On 3/29/2017 at 8:42 PM, iAmE said:

Also, this game isn't in Alpha. Words like that lost their meaning a year ago. People need to get past this whole "It's Alpha, bad balancing gets a blank check", because news flash, the developers had planned to do a 1.0 ship release version about six months ago, and were planning on skipping Beta all together. Reality is, you have absolutely no clue about what part of the design cycle the developers consider themselves in, nor what they plan on doing from now on. 

You obviously dont understand what alpha or beta mean. I'll simplify it for you. Alpha is where the devs add more content to the core game, beta is when they have finished adding content and want to debug a basically finished game. Just because the the game has been playable for a long period of time doesnt mean its not in alpha anymore, it has nothing to do with time. They are still adding content therefore it is still in alpha. Most high profile games are developed for a nearly 2 years by huge teams before anyone gets access to them. WC has given access to to Ark since a very early point in the games development by its small team. Also whether or not they intended to release on a previous date is completely irrelevant, plans change.

Everyone whining about all the changes shouldnt be playing an early access game. What did you expect? Do any of you remeber the huge dino nerf last year? I know many people who said they would never play the game again because it was ruined yet most of them came back and most people realized the nerf was for the best. Most likely this will blow over just like the last. Learn to adjust.

Archived