The nerfing/volcano update

Broadwayx

Wild card, can you guys stop nerfing every thing in the game? You guys are managing this game very poorly, never mind the deminishing servers and low population number you decide that the alphas who are built on volcano shall also quit with the new awful "lava" addition to appease the players who are built in stone huts who will play for a solid three weeks before ultimately deleting the game. If you look closely, on Xbox atleast, private servers are being played more then your official sever. Is is due to the fact they can erase the poor mismanagement of your game. Nerfing flyers yet again, probably he quetzals weight so you can have your players waste more time on the game. I speak for everyone who's been playing the game since the beginning like myself, listen to your real community. You've nerfed pteras into the ground, quetzals nerfed, gigas nerfed 6 times? Nothing has ever ever been buffed besides plant species. Now after me and my tribe spend 6 months of our time building on volcano, you guys decide to add lava and screw us yet again, thanks for that. If that's added you can bet my tribe of over 50 will leave. Instead of putting it onto the current volcano how about you add another instead of wasting people's time. In conclusion your servers are poop, you're nerfing everything enjoyable about the game and making it more time consuming. Raiding will be practically impossible at the rate you guys are going, still won't prevent alphas from raiding stone huts by the way so you're not appealing to any crowd. Doubt this will be read because y'all don't care. The game had so much potential, you guys should take notes from hi Rez , a company who listens to their players. Also, to fix the server issues, add micro transactions to the game. Maybe knight skins or swat skins, increases the income, nothing that's pay to win though. I speak for many, if you make an I game change, make it to where it doesn't potentially wipe a tribe, yea? Make sense? 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, d1nk said:

Cant give any more rep but yes!!

Glad to see (hopefully) some of those god awful bases and forge bases gone (blue obby 4 lyfe)

Forge bases don't necessarily bother me. Particularly if they're well done. 

I just don't understand why someone can't see why they'd be nerfing the Volcano when every Alpha tribe worth it's salt builds there. 

10 minutes ago, Broadwayx said:

Wild card, can you guys stop nerfing every thing in the game? You guys are managing this game very poorly, never mind the deminishing servers and low population number you decide that the alphas who are built on volcano shall also quit with the new awful "lava" addition to appease the players who are built in stone huts who will play for a solid three weeks before ultimately deleting the game. If you look closely, on Xbox atleast, private servers are being played more then your official sever. Is is due to the fact they can erase the poor mismanagement of your game. Nerfing flyers yet again, probably he quetzals weight so you can have your players waste more time on the game. I speak for everyone who's been playing the game since the beginning like myself, listen to your real community. You've nerfed pteras into the ground, quetzals nerfed, gigas nerfed 6 times? Nothing has ever ever been buffed besides plant species. Now after me and my tribe spend 6 months of our time building on volcano, you guys decide to add lava and screw us yet again, thanks for that. If that's added you can bet my tribe of over 50 will leave. Instead of putting it onto the current volcano how about you add another instead of wasting people's time. In conclusion your servers are poop, you're nerfing everything enjoyable about the game and making it more time consuming. Raiding will be practically impossible at the rate you guys are going, still won't prevent alphas from raiding stone huts by the way so you're not appealing to any crowd. Doubt this will be read because y'all don't care. The game had so much potential, you guys should take notes from hi Rez , a company who listens to their players. Also, to fix the server issues, add micro transactions to the game. Maybe knight skins or swat skins, increases the income, nothing that's pay to win though. I speak for many, if you make an I game change, make it to where it doesn't potentially wipe a tribe, yea? Make sense? 

Somebody grab tha popcorn. There is waaaaay too much salt here to not put it to use.  Sorry bout ya base homie, but I'm pretty sure any caveman you asked 50000 years ago would have told you it was dangerous building on a volcano. luls

They're adding lava to the volcano? On the island? 

That's AWESOME! I hope it erupts from time to time to wipe anyone selfish enough to build there. 

No offense sir but I generally dislike anyone that builds there. It provides enough metal for the entire server to use yet some folk choose to have it all to themselves...arge

As for the nerfing i really don't care... It's ea so I expect plenty more where that came from

4 minutes ago, Nexus said:

They have always stated that they were going to look at implementing these kind of events for the volcano haven't they?

They've stated so many wild and incredible goals they have never delivered on throughout Ark's history that it's relatively hard to take any of them seriously. Realistically though, no one in their right mind thinks that Volcano was balanced. It was/is one of the most unassailable locations on the map (Or any map for that matter), and rivals Caves in how defendable it is. 

Well my humble opinion is that I've been looking forward to some kind of volcanic event ever since they mentioned it. While I've never seen the volcano as a nice spot to build outside of a small mining outpost I can see why this would be ruffling a few feathers over in PvP land, especially from the long time players/high level tribes that the OP is in that have chosen to build up there.

I've always avoided building up there because of knowing there may very well be plans for it.

I'm assuming the only real way to survive is to relocate from the area well before the update goes in, though with no real ability to pickup/reclaim items as opposed to demolish, (ala Pickup feature in the S+ mod), relocation of a long standing base would be an arduous task indeed, especially so given that you only get a subset of the mats back from demolishing something.

I'd wait and see till they announce what they are planning to do first in the coming days/weeks

It's an alpha. Content phase is coming to an end and fine tuning begins.

Nerfs/buffs are inevitable,TLC pass hopefully will also bring balance, pvp meta hopefully will change, probably several times. Any arguments like "but my hard work..." or "it was like that since..." are just strange at least, as they prevent the game from developing further.

If only skill-based dino combat could replace current mmo-style stat-based clickfest (and flyer pickups).

4 minutes ago, AtillaWalker said:

It's an alpha. Content phase is coming to an end and fine tuning begins.

Nerfs/buffs are inevitable,TLC pass hopefully will also bring balance, pvp meta hopefully will change, probably several times. Any arguments like "but my hard work..." or "it was like that since..." are just strange at least, as they prevent the game from developing further.

If only skill-based dino combat could replace current mmo-style stat-based clickfest (and flyer pickups).

The amusing part about this is that flyer dogfights are probably the most skill intensive thing I've ever done in any survival sim. Certainly harder to pick a guy on a 300% Ptera, while riding a 300% Ptera, then it is just clicking on people with a gun. 

Also, this game isn't in Alpha. Words like that lost their meaning a year ago. People need to get past this whole "It's Alpha, bad balancing gets a blank check", because news flash, the developers had planned to do a 1.0 ship release version about six months ago, and were planning on skipping Beta all together. Reality is, you have absolutely no clue about what part of the design cycle the developers consider themselves in, nor what they plan on doing from now on. 

3 hours ago, iAmE said:

They've stated so many wild and incredible goals they have never delivered on throughout Ark's history that it's relatively hard to take any of them seriously. Realistically though, no one in their right mind thinks that Volcano was balanced. It was/is one of the most unassailable locations on the map (Or any map for that matter), and rivals Caves in how defendable it is. 

it is not at all inaccessible you can put almost anything on the back of a quetz now besides brontos and titans plus the land way up and now with cluster bombing being a thing it's the only place where you can hit sky barrier with a well defended base and as for people mad about the resources there is plenty of places to get metal just around the base of volcano is around 3 k is it the easiest metal spawn yea but you can't say its necessary for gameplay and Ive been in a tribe that wiped out alpha off the volcano it's more work but not impossible... gonna laugh when they take away all the metal there because of the lava and see everyone start complaing tho so whatever 

6 minutes ago, Tanner33 said:

it is not at all inaccessible you can put almost anything on the back of a quetz now besides brontos and titans plus the land way up and now with cluster bombing being a thing it's the only place where you can hit sky barrier with a well defended base and as for people mad about the resources there is plenty of places to get metal just around the base of volcano is around 3 k is it the easiest metal spawn yea but you can't say its necessary for gameplay and Ive been in a tribe that wiped out alpha off the volcano it's more work but not impossible... gonna laugh when they take away all the metal there because of the lava and see everyone start complaing tho so whatever 

1: That's a bug/exploit they haven't fixed yet, with the Bronto/Titans.

2: It's easier to defend with Cluster Bombing then anywhere else on the map

3: Still the largest concentration of resources in the game. 

4: Lot of lava in the wyvern scar, still quite a bit of metal there. 

I'm wondering how the volcano is going to work. Will it still have the spawns at the top most of the time or will the crater just be lava? Will it gradually become more active until it erupts? Earth tremors everyone can feel?

It would be interesting if it had a huge RNG factor on it's blow time. If mats inside it slowly increased over time meaning you could get more as time goes on but the chance of being caught in the blast increases also.

Just out of curiosity (I mostly play on PVE but the couple PVP servers I played on long term didn't have an alpha on the volcano), what types of base do people tend to build there? And do they usually build in the middle of the bowl? Obviously I get the defensive aspect, but killing spawns seems counterproductive to easy mining for a large base lol. (Yes, I get that you can block just some or go to other spots, but it seems more convenient to build in a way that doesn't block spawns)

48 minutes ago, Harrist14 said:

Just out of curiosity (I mostly play on PVE but the couple PVP servers I played on long term didn't have an alpha on the volcano), what types of base do people tend to build there? And do they usually build in the middle of the bowl? Obviously I get the defensive aspect, but killing spawns seems counterproductive to easy mining for a large base lol. (Yes, I get that you can block just some or go to other spots, but it seems more convenient to build in a way that doesn't block spawns)

You build smack in the center and line the rim of the volc with turret towers to the ceiling of the map. Yeah, it does suck removing those spawns, but being in such close proximity to the spawns that ring the base of the volcano eases the blow, and Frozen Tooth has a good amount of Metal as well. 

Realistically, Metal isn't the big sink for making a large base. It's actually the gunpowder for the turrets. With the Volcano being where it is, not only is it the best defendable location, but it's in extremely close proximity to large amounts of Wood and Flint, as well as Metal and Obisidian. 

6 hours ago, iAmE said:

You build smack in the center and line the rim of the volc with turret towers to the ceiling of the map. Yeah, it does suck removing those spawns, but being in such close proximity to the spawns that ring the base of the volcano eases the blow, and Frozen Tooth has a good amount of Metal as well. 

Realistically, Metal isn't the big sink for making a large base. It's actually the gunpowder for the turrets. With the Volcano being where it is, not only is it the best defendable location, but it's in extremely close proximity to large amounts of Wood and Flint, as well as Metal and Obisidian. 

Fair enough

Archived