Scorpions appreciation thread. Suggestions.

DarthaNyan

I love these critters very much and feel like they need some love. Devs are all but forgotten about them and there are so many wrong things about them currently in-game:

1. They need to be able to attack on move.

2. They need to be able to strafe (side-walk).

3. They need to be breed-able. Why isnt this a thing? They were granted genders by wildcard gods eons ago and lay eggs perfectly fine. Give insects some love!

4. They need a proper prime meat/kibble/mutton type of food. And before someone jumps and says that spoiled meat is their prime - it isnt because it ruins TE way to much when compared even to normal meat for other tames. Faster? yes. Efficient? no.

5. Their torpor:damage ratio should be upped. 3x over 5 sec is way too little with base damage of 15. 5x (2x instantly, 3x over 5 sec) would be fair because you need to be close and personal to target and Scorpions are not the sturdiest of mounts.That way they will be better than shooting tranq arrows from safety range but still considerably worse that darts.

As Scorpions currently are - they are useless and have no utility (ever since "great tamed dino nerf") other than laying eggs. Everything that deals torpor (except Therizino) is more efficient for knocking things out than Scorpions.

46 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

I love these critters very much and feel like they need some love. Devs are all but forgotten about them and there are so many wrong things about them currently in-game:

1. They need to be able to attack on move

2. They need to be breed-able. Why isnt this a thing? They were granted genders by wildcard gods eons ago and lay eggs perfectly fine.

3. They need a proper prime meat/kibble/mutton type of food. And before someone jumps and says that spoiled meat is their prime - it isnt because it ruins TE way to much when compared even to normal meat for other tames. Faster? yes. Efficient? no.

4. Their torpor:damage ratio should be upped. 3x over 5 sec is way too little with base damage of 15. 5x (2x instantly, 3x over 5 sec) would be fair because you need to be close and personal to target and Scorpions are not the sturdiest of mounts.That way they will be better than shooting tranq arrows from safety range but still considerably worse that darts.

As Scorpions currently are - they are useless and have no utility (ever since "great tamed dino nerf") other than laying eggs. Even wooden club is more efficient for knocking things out than Scorpions.

1. Agree. I wouldn't mind seeing separate RMB and LMB attacks as well
2. I think this is eventually planned? I don't know for certain, but invertebrate breeding would be nice
3. Honestly I think that Spoiled Meat should just affect their TE less. I don't ever see scorpions becoming super strong, so they should be appropriately easy to tame.
4. That's a fair change I think

I just want scorpion stings to stack. Tested my 150 Scorpion out, took it out to KO some Carnos. 

To take down a Level 150 Carno, it would take around 131 stings. Only stinging every 5 seconds, it would take 10 minutes and 55 seconds to properly KO it.

With a stack of 1,500 Raw Meat, Beer, an Ascendant Saddle and over 4,000 HP the Perfect tame Pulmy couldn't get past the 5 minute mark before the Carno beat it out. 

While yeah, it wasn't intended to be able to solo-KO anything stronger than a low-level Trike (even those are risky) the fact that Scorpions have to WAIT for their poison to work and can't rapidly spam it like Wild Scorpions can, is really annoying.

Next time I guess I can mate-boost it for extra torpor, extra defense and additional stacking of poisons, but they would still have to sting it around 65 times each.

scorpions_79.thumb.jpg.7c5bc50161fc78ce2c59d1d1ea0a0f94.jpg

Somebody had to do it. You know it to be true.

Meanwhile...

Scorpions are definitely feeling unfinished, but that's true of a lot of things. My biggest concern is that it will sting me in the back of the head, but I digress.

If I'm not mistaken, putting points into their melee damage increases their torpor output, but I haven't tested it out to see how much it helps. It's hard to not put those points into health instead, but for a taming buddy, I'm thinking damage will bring the best bang for the buck if you can tank the tamee with something else.

56 minutes ago, Majic said:

I'm thinking damage will bring the best bang for the buck if you can tank the tamee with something else.

Problem lies in low Damage/Torpor ratio - it doesnt change even if you upgrade melee. If you have something else to tank the tamee then horse or wooden club are more efficient and faster than scorpion.

6 minutes ago, LilNastyGurl said:

What kibble should Scorpions eat? Since Scorps feel like early game tames (you could KO them with just a few rocks and a sling) that should reflect their kibble.

Unless they getting Mutton or Raw Spoiled Prime in the future.

This has been discussed numerous times: spoiled egg kibble that requires any non-dodo spoiled egg to make. Then players can still tame it early in the game with spoiled meat, but for breeding (and perfect taming) they will have to wait for some eggs to spoil. I'd even suggest to make scorpion's or some other non-SE dino's inventory to spoil things faster.

Archived