New Dedicated Server PvP "The Center" (Xbox One)

I recently quit playing ark after a little under a year. The grind, breeding, buggy tek bosses, 3 hours of sleep breeding Rex's for weeks, only to have them succumb to a boss bug and the list goes on and on. Nonetheless, my love for the game still exists, so I purchased a new xbox one s and started my own player dedicated server as many of you have done and already have up and running. It is boosted to 15x harvesting, 15x xp, 12x taming 35x breeding.

There are RULES.

1. No breeding brontos

2. No griefing/trolling new players trying to build.

3. NAME your character (no joes, bobs, annes et cetera),

4. There is a Trading Post and ark shop where you can safely trade amongst other players, purchase up to journeyman blueprints, level 100 gigas, quetzals and level 150 pteras and argys, so there will be NO pvp there.

5. Do not spam world chat or troll in chat.

6. No building in caves, blocking caves. Note: Skull Island and any glitched spot in the game is off limits. I know them all, so don't test me, I will destroy whatever you put in a glitched area and 2nd offense, you're banned. 

7. No taming brontos (engrams already removed), but still NO taming brontos.

8. Do not flood areas with pillars, it's fine to account for your own land, but excessive pillaring won't be tolerated.

9. A maximum of TWO bases per tribe and 5 tribe members (unlimited alliances).

10. A MAXIMUM of 20 Plant x per base (causes serious server lag otherwise). However, I've boosted turret damage to dinos to make up for the lack of plant x and there's unlimited turrets. Also structure damage is increased significantly, so good luck to trolls trying to raid stone bases while you're offline. Trust me, it's a task on this server. 

11. No killing passive tames, it will not be tolerated.

Weight on players and dinos have been increased significantly, but not enough to make other stats overpowered. Food and water have decreased consumption rates and wild dinos weight, health and melee have been slightly increased, as well as per level on tames. Example, one of our Rex's has 50k health and 800 melee (so they are equivalent to 6th generation bred rex's right out of the wild).

There will be no admin abuse or bias to friends or favorites. I'm 43 years old, a semi-retired graphic designer/kitchen designer and have loved video games since UO back in 1997 when I first started playing them. I will be playing with my son, but neither of us will be admins and also will not be spawning things in (even for our own use, passing out gear or tames to friends et cetera) like most of these kids do on all these player dedicated servers. To me, this makes player dedicated no better, if not worse than official. Besides, it's not even fun at that point, but hey I'm not judging others, just forming my own opinion. You will never be banned or kicked unless you continuously or purposely break my the rules or are disrespectful towards me. This server will be up 24/7 with daily reboots and dino wipes. We have events on the weekends, treasure hunts, PvP matches or Roman Style arena fighting wild tames. I'll later on be unlocking all tek tier items for everyone (yes on the center, I figured out how to do it). The only time you'll ever see my admin account on is when we're having server issues with spawns, trolls or otherwise. I'm not in any way trying to solicit, only to let people know about the server who may want to actually play the game and have fun, instead of logging in and it being a straight up daily grind fest that you're forced to login to, only to lose it all over night while you sleep.

Add Gamertag: Ark Rexcellent and just join game if you're ever interested in playing. Message me on that gamertag if you have any other questions or concerns.

I need to add this, because it seems there are an influx of trolls that just like to login to dedicated servers, not build or have fun pvping, but just troll. If you're coming on here just to troll then don't bother, because I'll ban you straight away. Trolling in my opinion includes the following. Taming dinos just to drain people's turret bullets and not actually building a base, placing foundations or pillars in excessive amounts just to block resource spawns or cave drops, constantly harassing new players who are trying to build up, sniping passive tames from flying dinos without cause and anything else that falls remotely under any of those categories. I'm all about fun pvp, because player dedicated servers is where I got so good playing the game and I respect that. But the trolling and harassing people won't be tolerated. You come on here, build up and want to pvp? That's fine, you'll never hear a peep out of me, even if you raid me, pick me, kill me I'm fine with it. I love the element of surprise and the pvp aspect of the game. Just use your common sense and have fun. If that's too much to ask, then don't bother, find another server to play on.

On 4/2/2017 at 11:21 PM, Hertznsdq said:

Couple of questions

1. Is it 24/7

2. Offline raid prevention?

3. If there are admins, do they pvp

It's up 24/7 with server reboot/dino wipes daily. Offline raid prevention is not on, however structure damage is significantly increased. Raiding a stone base would require a great number of materials (not worth doing) and there are rules against raiding new tribes before they get built up and I enforce them. I am the only admin on the server and I do not have admin privileges on my main character, but my son and I play a lot and do not pvp, unless attacked.

I've had a few requests for offline raid protection. There are several reasons NOT to do this. One is, you can't pincode vaults or storage containers. Which means, anyone in your alliance or NOT in your alliance (Oh wait, you CAN'T alliance, it's blocked with offline raid protection), can walk right up and access your personal belongings. No thanks to that. It also means people can hide in a corner of your base if they know your schedule, knock you out, throw c4 on your walls and raid you in seconds. No thanks, not into that either. I realize there's pros and cons to offline raid protection, but the cons outweigh the pros IMHO. Trust me, the structure damage increase is plenty enough to divert trolls from offline raiding you. It costs so much materials, it wouldn't be worth their time raiding your base.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived