Any elaboration on what the flyer nerf will entail?

Novarae

5 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

i AM Happy. You can still fly and do your stuff, but flight is not instant or infinite.

Yes, but the nerf is over excessive. Many folks on SE depend on their Argys to get them safely away from the wild wyverns when they are airborn, especially when they are just starting out on there. Unlike Island or Center you CAN get attacked in the air by a wild wyvern on SE. If you take away the points you put in speed on your argy makes it impossible to escape any wild wyvern.This is very bad form by WC IMO

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Lewiatan said:

It is quire hard to believe "no leveling up of speed" passed QA testing. Or WC just didn't care. I get that 300% speed dinos are ridiculous, by why not setting up hard cup to 150% or something like that? I'd love to see a dev attempting to steal Wyvern egg with 100% speed Argy.

In general you need at least 180% speed argy for successful wyvern egg runs. Especially now that you can't give them cactus juice.

4 minutes ago, catnip said:

In general you need at least 180% speed argy for successful wyvern egg runs. Especially now that you can't give them cactus juice.

That reminds their previous Dino nerf and their promise of polishing it up. In the end we had half done, half fixed rebalance, because Wildcard did not care about it after a week at all. Before that nerf, lots of dinosaurs were useful. Even dilo was after leveling up, but after that... Sigh... I use maybe 6-8 species now 

46 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

It is quire hard to believe "no leveling up of speed" passed QA testing. Or WC just didn't care. I get that 300% speed dinos are ridiculous, by why not setting up hard cap to 150% or something like that? I'd love to see a dev attempting to steal Wyvern egg with 100% speed Argy.

Simple. One person rides in butt naked on a crappy Argy, luring the Wyverns away as a distraction while screaming "WITNESS ME!", while someone else steals the egg. Seriously, someone is going to have to suicide in order for someone else to get the egg. Gonna suck for solo players.

2 hours ago, Daedros said:

Simple. One person rides in butt naked on a crappy Argy, luring the Wyverns away as a distraction while screaming "WITNESS ME!", while someone else steals the egg. Seriously, someone is going to have to suicide in order for someone else to get the egg. Gonna suck for solo players.

The point of solo playing is for the thrill and challenge, not ease and convenience. Doing it alone and succeeding means you're basically better.

6 hours ago, Uueerdo said:

Both can't really apply. A "30 min tame" is a lot different than a carefully bred (like from an array of 30 min tames and line of breeding), imprinted example wearing a "best possible" saddle. ...and it takes more than 6 kibble and a half hour for that level 200+ "fresh" tame.

That's true, breeding is different, and actually I was off its 9 kibble. But yes a 150 tamed will be lvl 223. And as for careful breeding, the breed time for a ptera is less than two days, and have a higher chance of appearing as 150s. (Or possibly just more occurrences) in one week my tribe had ptera babies hatching out at just shy of 400. They are by and far the easiest useful tame to breed. The numbers they have received due to the new systems of breeding and imprints, simply break them. Because the guns, arrows and weapons have not leveled up with them. Add in lag, server performance, and the ridiculous speed plus their small size makes it incredibly hard to get consistent hits. Ask yourself this. Would you ever take a argy to fight a ptera? Or even a Wyvern let alone a pelagornis? If they're being honest everyone knows the pteras are broken. They're just easy and too vicious.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
On 3/31/2017 at 8:26 AM, kithylin said:

Actually all I've done is reverted the stupid "Dino Nerf" that they did a few months back

So, again, how's this working out for you now... You gonna put it up to 700 levels now to "revert" this?

I'm certainly curious about the re-balancing of fliers. I tend to play single player a lot these days, and with the exception of a few minor tweaks to official settings, I'm finally cracking down on my first wyvern. My only hope for the flier rebalance is that I'll still be able to kite wyverns effectively. Heck, I'd even spend additional time leveling my bird if the speed gain - or the stamina gain - per level was dropped.

Certainly not a complaint, since the patch hasn't been released yet. Just for for thought.

Of course, I thought I saw someone mention that pre-tamed creatures don't get hit as hard by a nerf? Didn't think that was accurate, do feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. :)

8 hours ago, Jamaree said:

No one realistically does that, like ever, and it seems rather hampering, I mean, bringing parachutes is a fine suggestion, but just randomly having tons of stone on you seems, weird.

I laughed way harder than I should have at this. Just imagining a ptera pilot sweeping down and immediately regretting his choice. "WHO TF CARRIES 700 POUNDS OF STONE ON THEM?!"

Still, the idea of stopping that strategy with a lot of weight is interesting....

10 hours ago, AzraelRavenwing said:

My problems with unofficials is, alot of people cant afford private servers, And then most unofficial servers ive come across are so damn modded it kills the game for me. Im not a big Mod type person. Simple things like maybe adding more builder oriented stuff, like couches, planters, etc etc, yeah id be ok. But some of these mods like Annunki and stuff? i dislike. but, gotta have some massive luck to find a open private server without it stuffed on, In my experiance anyway

While I'm currently unable to run it, I would one day like to get my Xbox One ark server running again. My friends and I played PvE on max difficulty, with only slight changes to the official settings. I like a challenge myself, and only slightly bumped gather and tame rates so it wouldn't feel so grindy.

But yes, I agree with you. I'm a very "vanilla" gamer. I'm the same way with Minecraft; don't even like texture packs very much.

18 minutes ago, Oreochema said:

I laughed way harder than I should have at this. Just imagining a ptera pilot sweeping down and immediately regretting his choice. "WHO TF CARRIES 700 POUNDS OF STONE ON THEM?!"

Still, the idea of stopping that strategy with a lot of weight is interesting....

Oh yeah, it is an interesting idea, but who in the right mind is randomly going to be carrying around like the 200+ pounds of weight to stop random Pteradon attacks, as well as waste so many extra points into weight to be able to carry that stone on top of just general gear?

Just now, Jamaree said:

Oh yeah, it is an interesting idea, but who in the right mind is randomly going to be carrying around like the 200+ pounds of weight to stop random Pteradon attacks, as well as waste so many extra points into weight to be able to carry that stone on top of just general gear?

Exactly right. I just had a good laugh, though, from the mental image that resulted from the comment. xD

Great patch, I'm really happy about it. With the flyer nerf and the future active volcano events, I'll actually take my time to install and try other games now.

Seriously though, devs, when was the last time you played your own game? You dont like how players prefer flying dinos and want them to use land dinos? Fine, then just buff land dinos to make them worth using. But instead of making land dinos better, you nerfed flying dinos to hell to force people to use land dinos. Breaking news, running a caravan of brontos or whatever other land dinos is nearly impossible. And thats not just because of predators and other dangers on the land, but their AI is so horrible that they manage to get stuck in every single rock and tree, and if there aren't any of those they even get stuck in each other.

It wouldn't be a surprise if lots, and I mean LOTS, of people leave the game after this retarded update. And don't think they'll leave a nice review on Steam either. Keep releasing updates like this one and you won't have to worry about an official release at all. Congratulations on killing the game.

From what I understand the flying nerf is only for PVE servers. Stupid if you ask me. Most of the complaints have been from PvP folks who feel the Pteras and wyverns are too OP for raiding. This is going to do absolutely NOTHING to inspire folks to purchase and play the game and is going to hurt the game's rating on Steam as I'm sure it already has. Instead of instituting this stupid nerf on the PVE Official servers why haven't they done a more thorough analysis of its effects on a few test servers. This is what every other game developers does, precisely so they DON'T PISS OFF THEIR CLIENTELE!!! Get a clue WildCard and get your head out of the sand. 

Also agree with the idea of buffing the land dinos a bit. A carrot gets better results than a stick (being the nerf). Improve the AI of land dinos so they don't get stuck and their attacks are more effective at killing wild dinos, and their speed/stamina and people will use them more often.

9 hours ago, Lewiatan said:

It is quire hard to believe "no leveling up of speed" passed QA testing. Or WC just didn't care. I get that 300% speed dinos are ridiculous, by why not setting up hard cap to 150% or something like that? I'd love to see a dev attempting to steal Wyvern egg with 100% speed Argy.

only if they have to try and try and try until if they can get the egg. that would be great

2 minutes ago, catnip said:

From what I understand the flying nerf is only for PVE servers. Stupid if you ask me. Most of the complaints have been from PvP folks who feel the Pteras and wyverns are too OP for raiding. This is going to do absolutely NOTHING to inspire folks to purchase and play the game and is going to hurt the game's rating on Steam as I'm sure it already has. Instead of instituting this stupid nerf on the PVE Official servers why haven't they done a more thorough analysis of its effects on a few test servers. This is what every other game developers does, precisely so they DON'T PISS OFF THEIR CLIENTELE!!! Get a clue WildCard and get your head out of the sand. 

Also agree with the idea of buffing the land dinos a bit. A carrot gets better results than a stick (being the nerf). Improve the AI of land dinos so they don't get stuck and their attacks are more effective at killing wild dinos, and their speed/stamina and people will use them more often.

Flyer were op. This game gonna change really hard and this is amazing, I cant wait to see wait to play with the new meta.?

9 hours ago, Daedros said:

ok lets say this works for groups, now here's a very very important question nobody thought about, what about hardcore mode? will people need to make a new character for every single wyvern egg they need to get and every single milk run they do?

Dont think they will remove the quets platform, that wil reduce the point of having a quetzal! They are allot slower then argent and they are hard to get and a pain in the ass to tame unless you have everything prepared, its a end game bird so it needs to function as a end game bird and not be less functional then a mid game argent. Personal opinion btw :P

It's kinda gross that all birds were generalized and nerf'd the same way,

Pteranadons? supposed to be a scout bird. I could live with the pitiful stam but the capped speed? on a scout bird sure 300% was busted game couldn't handle 300% but 200%? with 500 stam would surely be more appropriate. Even if they didn't want to allow MS level ups atleast buff the base movespeed of the dino when at 100% so its more appropriate from like 1800 or whatever it is to 2600 or something.

Argentavis seeing as how I can't get it to atleast 160% speed I find myself stating all HP cause the points don't have anywhere else to go I've still got 1500 stam atleast so theres that.

Tapejara same problem with the argent but it's a player transport dino, try catching a wild one of these, but hey atleast I have 10k hp now

Quetzel probably the most reasonable nerf capped speed who cares the weights fine the hp's okay but from nearly 4k stam to 600? regarded as a slow flying long distance supply carrier it's slow and a carrier but it's definitely not long distance in the slightest I live on the 30-10 iceberg and gotta make stops  on the icicle's just to make it to the mainland. Atleast I can load the Quetzel up and have it follow my argent.

Wyverns, already the worst flier out of the bunch is now so slow and without a saddle I could probably kite someone on it and kill them with a slingshot, enough said

Archived