ARK = No New Players Aloud

LilBirdy

6 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

I did not imply that it's impossible. Why do you make something up every time you quote me?

I already said why it would be a backasswards thing for WC to rent servers and re-rent them. Yet you seem to completely ignore that. Because it makes sense and is actually right?

You sure might be able to tell me what multiplayer open world survival game on consoles has rental servers which can be directly bought from the devs and which they rent from another provider.

You are making claims again with nothing to back them up.

A server is a server no matter what type of game you are playing. What matters, is the hardware, software and connection.

EA and DICE rents out servers for their BF3-BF4 titles ON THE CONSOLES, and it works the same way as any other game. As long as the server software is installed and working, it doesn't matter where the server comes from. EA have their own server park, and they've added specific servers for players to rent for BF3-BF4.

WC already have a server park. Adding more servers to their server park for players to specifically rent directly through an in-game menu, like EA do with BF3-BF4, would actually make'em a bit of a profit in the long run as well, as long as their rental prices can compete with other 3rd party operators. They wouldn't have to rent and re-rent other 3rd partys' servers at all.

If you think that running a server with a 'standard' gaming computer will be enough, you are seriously clueless. First of all, if you're going to play on the same server, using the same PC, you need at least twice the recommended RAM, and a highly overclocked CPU in order to support your own client, as you will be running TWO clients, not one, on the same computer, using the same resources. Last but not least, other players will use resources on your 'virtual' server. So yes, you do need an extremely powerful PC.

Without the proper hardware, you won't get a smooth and stable server, not if you're hosting it on the same PC you're playing on.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The easiest way around this is to be a nomad until you can build a raft, then become a pirate and build multiple rafts and get a floating base going. I have been using this quite often and it seems to work. You can move around the map to areas where you can get the resources you need. Eventually, you will find an area that hasn't been pillared off to create a land base to store the bigger dinos.

7 hours ago, ExcessEvil said:

EA and DICE rents out servers for their BF3-BF4 titles ON THE CONSOLES, and it works the same way as any other game.

Can you please read a little bit?

I already said it and mentioned it a second time. WC does not own the servers. They rent their Officials from Nitrado. Officials even say On Nitrado in their names. A completely different company. If what you say is true, then EA does not rent official BF servers from Nitrado and has its own servers.

WC has to rent servers, pay money in advance for them and re-rent them. What will they do if you don't pay? What will they do if you have an issue? They will have more work to do and its a risk at losing money.

15 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

Can you please read a little bit?

I already said it and mentioned it a second time. WC does not own the servers. They rent their Officials from Nitrado. Officials even say On Nitrado in their names. A completely different company. If what you say is true, then EA does not rent official BF servers from Nitrado and has its own servers.

WC has to rent servers, pay money in advance for them and re-rent them. What will they do if you don't pay? What will they do if you have an issue? They will have more work to do and its a risk at losing money.

How much money is WC getting for use of the Official severs right now, $0. If there is an issue with an Official server, they are the ones that have to deal with it. Now if they add new servers that they rent out to players, they will get more then $0. Yes they will still have to deal with any issues, but they are doing that already. I know a lot of players that are willing to pay to rent a server.

6 hours ago, BlueStiehl said:

How much money is WC getting for use of the Official severs right now, $0. If there is an issue with an Official server, they are the ones that have to deal with it. Now if they add new servers that they rent out to players, they will get more then $0. Yes they will still have to deal with any issues, but they are doing that already. I know a lot of players that are willing to pay to rent a server.

You fail to understand that they will not make money if they rent servers unless it will be the only option for players. As I said 3 times already (do people read) they have to rent the servers from the providers.

They spend money on servers which they have to get back by re-renting them. Now they can make them as expensive as, for example, Nitrado, and do not make any money. Or they make them more expensive. But then people will rent servers directly from the providers, and not from WC. Because if there are console servers from a different provider, they could be rented from there.

The only option would be if WC dictates that no other providers are allowed to rent servers to players.

Can't wait to explain this for the 10th time to the next guy.

On 3/28/2017 at 8:20 AM, Jostabeere said:

They can. If they get a second console.

That's console limitation for you. Casual playing in front of your TV.

Sad truth is, if you want to get more "hardcore", you have to switch to a PC.

Why r u such a di ck! The dedicated server option is garbage and you casually play in front of your computer. Why can't we have the option to rent servers as well. Be hardcore and switch to pc lol. How about no how about they give us what they said they would. The pc elitist would be up in arms if u had to buy another computer for one game stop being silly and saying dumb sh it. No wonder the community on these forums hates you

2 hours ago, Jballs2213 said:

Why r u such a di ck! The dedicated server option is garbage and you casually play in front of your computer. Why can't we have the option to rent servers as well. Be hardcore and switch to pc lol. How about no how about they give us what they said they would. The pc elitist would be up in arms if u had to buy another computer for one game stop being silly and saying dumb sh it. No wonder the community on these forums hates you

Why do you think I'm a sausage when I'm only stating objective facts and truth? It is harder to get the same stuff as a PC on a console. If I say that consoles are worse compared to a PC, that's only the truth, and not me being a sausage.

I don't poop on consoles for fun or because I dislike them. I state the obvious lack of stuff they have, while mentioning their advantages, which aren't actual advantages since I can plug my PC into a TV and use a controller.

44 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

Why do you think I'm a sausage when I'm only stating objective facts and truth? It is harder to get the same stuff as a PC on a console. If I say that consoles are worse compared to a PC, that's only the truth, and not me being a sausage.

I don't poop on consoles for fun or because I dislike them. I state the obvious lack of stuff they have, while mentioning their advantages, which aren't actual advantages since I can plug my PC into a TV and use a controller.

The advantage would be that it's like 1/5 of the price and far more people have XB1's or PS4's than Ark capable PCs...not that it's on a tv with a controller 

Archived