Are Babies Predetermined?

MyLovelyStar

I had this thought out of the blue and I was wondering if baby dinos were pre-determined stat wise. For example, you have a fert. rex egg. you go through incubation and it hatches, and you like the stats. As soon as it hatches, your server goes down. The save was lost, and now the rex has to re-hatch. Will it re-hatch with the same stats?

Or another example: I copied my server's files to my singleplayer, so I have copies of all my fertilized eggs. Will they all hatch the same, or will they all be different? 

Sorry for the theorycrafting, couldn't help but wonder.

2 minutes ago, Currahee said:

I've wondered the same. Are they randomized at egg laying time, or at egg hatch time? I'd assume hatch, but don't know.

I'd be more than willing to turn my settings up to 1000x on my singleplayer for testing purposes, but I'm just curious to see if anyone's done it before. xD

Same for Alpha Raptor (and guessing other alpha dino) drops.  I killed a 145 alpha raptor, got some amazing gear, server crashed, had to kill it all over again and other "fun" things as the reconnect put me off my dino and on the ground standing next to the alpha, but the second time the gear wasn't the same. :(  Was ok, but not the level of awesome, for me, it was the first time.

I play on single player on Xbox so I don't know if it would be different or not (I don't think it would but it could be) but the Rexes I have been breeding have been pre-determined in color and stats, the only variations I have seen are gender and twins or triplets. What I do is incubate at least 3 eggs almost until hatch then save and exit to main menu, after I reload save and then hatch the eggs and check stats, colors, gender, and so on, if they are no good or not what I like I close out the game without saving (by pressing xbox home button, then press start and quit game) so now when I reload my single player the eggs are back in my refrigerator unhatched and they will rehatch with the same color and stats as the first time I hatched them. This allows me to only hatch the best eggs and I can eat the "bad" eggs without having to hatch and kill the babies.

Today I hatched 3 Rexes today one lvl 243, one lvl 244, and one lvl 252. I used the above method and rehatched the lvl 252 3 different times (and ate the other 2 unhatched eggs).

The first time was twin males (Were hatched along with the other 2 during the 1st test hatch)

second time was a female

third time was a male again (the one I kept)

The colors and stats were consistent doing this

10340 HP, 1890 Stam, 645 Oxy, 138000 Food, 860 Weight, 361% Melee

The colors were black back scales, white back stripes, dark red body, and a dark green underside.

Where's that troll? He argued with me that when a loot drop lands, all gear is predetermined before the drop lands, and that alpha loot was predetermined before the kill? I knew better. Schrodinger's cat. I knew that gear and loot was not predetermined before opening the drop. After opening though, it is there and locked for you and any random who comes across it if you  leave it. Same as with babies. Stats are not determined till hatched. Frigging alpha squids. Killed one and got a primitive rod. Angry, I was.

Archived