Rare Ptera Breeding Stats in Official Server

T3rminathor

Hi, I'm new at this of breeding, I'm playing in an official server (The Island) and I was breeding two Pteras in order to get better stats from their parents, I know that there's mutation, but I recently have twins that didn't inherit from their parents 2 stats and there's no show of a mutation in the ancester line, i don't understand what happened.

there's no mutation But:

As you see the "St" and the "Dm" Stat are not front their parents... is this possible w/o mutations?

Sorry for my english...

1 hour ago, Jostabeere said:

Someone said some times ago that babies can have higher stats than both parents.

I have no idea how credible that information was.

I've noticed that sometimes a baby will be just a tad higher in a stat than either of its parents, but not enough to justify a full point. For example, I might breed two Rexes, with 350% Melee and 300% Melee, and the baby will somehow will end up with 354% Melee pre-imprint and without mutation. I'm going to guess that it's an issue with calculation, but I've never seen a baby have distinctly higher stats than either parent without imprinting or mutations.

1 hour ago, Jostabeere said:

Someone said some times ago that babies can have higher stats than both parents.

I have no idea how credible that information was.

That is incorrect, you can however take two parents that are good at two different things say one health and one in damage. So they will get the higher stat from each parent but say mom had the high dmg but low health. obviously it will have higher health than mom. After hatch/birth its possible then to get higher with imprint

2 minutes ago, DaGoodNamesWereTaken said:

The only way you get 40 points into any stat is if the parent had it before. You simply mis calculated the parents stats. It is implausible to get more then 2 levels higher in any of the parents stats (mutation).

I

That's actually incorrect, in a strange subcase;

Assuming both parents are wild tames, it is possible for the baby to get +1 to some random stat. Usually either Food, Damage or Health. Then a Mutation on top for another +2. While it doesn't explain his huge leap in stats, it is a thing that's possible. 

Just now, iAmE said:

That's actually incorrect, in a strange subcase;

Assuming both parents are wild tames, it is possible for the baby to get +1 to some random stat. Usually either Food, Damage or Health. Then a Mutation on top for another +2. While it doesn't explain his huge leap in stats, it is a thing that's possible. 

Its actually that the baby gets 100 percent effectiveness which is the gained stat increase. I was referencing the 32 to 40 stat increase.

Mutations give another 2 levels obviously.

Good info otherwise.

the baby stats is w/o imprinting just got 9 points higher than the mother and i don't know why... same was with Dm, the mother has Dm 29, the father 33 but the baby born with only 23 of Dm.

and is not a misscalculation i used an updated ARK smart breeding app

those stats are very rare for what i know

PS: the father and the mother were wild tamed

2 hours ago, DaGoodNamesWereTaken said:

Its actually that the baby gets 100 percent effectiveness which is the gained stat increase. I was referencing the 32 to 40 stat increase.

Mutations give another 2 levels obviously.

Good info otherwise.

Yep, it's the effectiveness. Baby will have higher stats provided the parents were wild tamed with less than 100% effectiveness. I have a 150 tamed ptera with 349 base melee and all of his offspring hatch with 351. Of course I used kibble, but it was still a 98 or 99% tame or whatever. 

4 hours ago, eESTlane said:

if both parents were 150s tamed on a non-evolution day, then they'd tame at 95% and 71 levels. a baby is 100% which equals half the wild levels so 75 levels. baby gets extra 4 levels in random stats. no mutations as parents were wild ie no inbreeding.

that is incorrect. Baby doesnt get extra levels. But it does get a full bonus from 100% TE (usually only DMG) meaning that 1st gen offspring can have it a little bit higher than parents'.

Without screenshot its hard to say anything about OP's claim. I think he just messed something up.

Archived