Upcoming Patch v256 Discussion Thread

Jatheish

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope new UI more functional than old one. What I can see is the change of place of icons and nothing else. 

I hope you can double click on armor part and it will be assign to armor slot automatically.

Also WC, you ought to elaborate what you have in mind by flyer nerf. There must be a balance between flyers being fair in PVP and useful for carrying materials and traveling.

7 hours ago, Swampy said:

Perhaps occasional eruptions/lava flows. Maybe after a new eruption event there's some rarer resources available to harvest as well. Either way, I am STOKED to finally see the volcano become active! Sad to see my smelting shack and meditation cabin go, but I've been prepared for it for over a year, lol. 

More concerned with where the tek cave will be!

It's not gonna make it this patch. it's pushed till a little further out with the active volcano.. maybe as we get close they will announce where it will be or at least if it will have impact on bases or not

To compensate for a sneaky flyer nerf and never tell you what it consists of, here...take the new tek tier based UI.

Can we get some nerfs to tek tier ? That poop is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo over powered its game breaking. 

EDIT : 

- New TEK Cave & Cyclical Active Volcano Announced for a future patch - Probably won't go live in the next 15 months
- New Structure: Dynamic-Length Bridges Announced for patch 245 (end of July 2016) - Still no further news
- More Creatures, Gear, Armors, Weapons, & Structures! Work being done regularly
- "Ascension" Game Progression, "Boss Wars" Planned since late October 2015
- DirectX12 Mode for Windows 10! Approximate +20% perf Planned since early October 2015
- Specific Representative "on-ground" meshes for all dropped items Planned since early October 2015
- Random GPU Driver crash fix: TrueSky Known bug since early July 2015

Flyer Nerf? Im confused as i mean the pterandon is the only OP  flyer with the c spin.

the quetzels got the no auto turret nerf on the saddle.

argy has hardly ever been overpowered.

aside from the tapejaras strafe and latch abilities hardly OP.

Wyverns are a little op but i mean 4 days for an end game tame it's supposed to be OP unless im wrong

thoughts, am i right or am i wrong.

11 minutes ago, BurntFlameZ said:

Flyer Nerf? Im confused as i mean the pterandon is the only OP  flyer with the c spin.

the quetzels got the no auto turret nerf on the saddle.

argy has hardly ever been overpowered.

aside from the tapejaras strafe and latch abilities hardly OP.

Wyverns are a little op but i mean 4 days for an end game tame it's supposed to be OP unless im wrong

thoughts, am i right or am i wrong.

You are obviously wrong. It seems they gave us flyers, no sky threats at all, and expected it would'nt make travel trivial. At least that's their official word on it. Also I hope that if they nerf speed and especially Quetzal's weight, they compensate on building material costs.

54 minutes ago, Leika said:

Kinda skeptical on the Inventory Menu from what I am seeing... Text is too small and the spoil timer looks lost. I like a bigger bold text.

Pretty sure that the Amarberry popup has the spoil timer in there... Unless you mean it does not draw attention... I can agree, but I think it would a matter of personal preference

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, Grantus said:

Looks awesome! Although I admit that the "Tame limit 0/2" caught my eyes - are we going to be limited to some number of personal tames based on level now, or...? :)

That's just to showcase the new inventory. There's no personal tame limit based on level or anything.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Leika said:

Kinda skeptical on the Inventory Menu from what I am seeing... Text is too small and the spoil timer looks lost. I like a bigger bold text.

I think when it's fullscreen and not a screenshot it will seem bigger and clearer to be honest. Although maybe stuff like spoil timer etc needs to be a different colour than blue on blue, maybe red or something so it stands out a bit more.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, flynlion said:

Any ETA on when the new inventory might come to PS4?

Sorry if this is posted someplace else, I didn't see it in the PS4 section....

Generally what comes in the next PC Patch will come in the following PS4 Patch, so best to keep an eye on this thread: 

It doesn't state yet that the UI will be included, but that may be because it hasn't been updated yet. Best to keep an eye on that for now.

1 hour ago, Lumitesi said:

You are obviously wrong. It seems they gave us flyers, no sky threats at all, and expected it would'nt make travel trivial. At least that's their official word on it. Also I hope that if they nerf speed and especially Quetzal's weight, they compensate on building material costs.

a speed nerf would be a good idea but the only draw for a quetzel for me was the weight for metal or obsidian runs especially on an official server i mean you destroy quetzels and no one starting out can get anywhere because while i think having a quetzel with 25000 weight is overkill you also have to think that a tek replicator requires upwards of 4000 metal, an industrial forge costs 5000 raw metal and with new tek gear on the way your going to need your quetz to mine and having there weight stats nerfed into the ground your basically telling all new players have fun getting no where or don't even bother with PvP because you wont be able to build up

OR

if they were to compensate with reduced building materials we're back to square one you asking for a quetzel weight nerf again and maybe if they reduce building costs ill be able to build a tek replicator with the weight on my character then you'd ask for a player weight nerf then what

2 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

Generally what comes in the next PC Patch will come in the following PS4 Patch, so best to keep an eye on this thread: 

It doesn't state yet that the UI will be included, but that may be because it hasn't been updated yet. Best to keep an eye on that for now.

So that thread is the best place to watch for it then? Cool. It doesn't say when the next PS4 patch is expected but I guess we'll find out soon enough. I'm lookin forward to the new inventory as well as the giant Leeds-fishy-ichy critter  :D

10 minutes ago, flynlion said:

So that thread is the best place to watch for it then? Cool. It doesn't say when the next PS4 patch is expected but I guess we'll find out soon enough. I'm lookin forward to the new inventory as well as the giant Leeds-fishy-ichy critter  :D

If the PC patch goes "smoothly", well, as smoothly as can be, based on past updates I would venture to guess we'll get it when we most often do, near the middle of the month.  Looking at the calendar I'd guess the week of April 17th-21st but who knows for sure, could be a week earlier given the next Xbox console update isn't nearly as big as the last one with the XDK and new Unreal Engine update it got.

14 minutes ago, flynlion said:

ps4 is TBA just like Xbox, simple because the new patch for PC hasnt been released. They know what will be in it, but not when it will release. They have to release on PC and then go through what went horribly wrong and fix bits, then the get their ETA which is generally around the 13th-17th, depending on Cert processes and compatibility checks.

• Jatheish unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived