Upcoming Patch v256 Discussion Thread

Jatheish

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, DragonEnchantress said:

Wyverns are supposed to be end game mounts, they're not supposed to be accommodating and easy to get until someone has the proper means to handle the task. You're basically saying if you haven't even gotten a rock golem (which I've tamed solo many times no sweat with literally just a paracer and a cannon) then you probably aren't ready to get a wyvern egg anyway. The problem with SE is the wyverns were basically a final go to task and people were getting them seriously early in the game and, once again, low levels shouldn't own them. If having a pteradon at level 35 is too much progression in the devs eyes you think having a wyvern at an early level was intended?

Wyverns were a bad idea in the first place. Nobody should have them

4 hours ago, AC185 said:

give us the option to decide for ourselves on our own servers. 

So much this!!!!!

I really really hope Wildcard makes this a thing!

I have shut my private server down until they add this. My server has not updated to the nerf patch at this time, making the server unplayable with current clients.

If Wildcard never adds configs to make stat cap optional, I shall give the server files to each of our residents, and stop my subscription to BlueFang.

The unconfigurable flier nerf has killed the game for me.

8 hours ago, vangrunz said:

The devs should state if they plan to make the Flyer Nerf optional.

Please tell us! Without knowing, I can only guess it will become optional. I sit here still paying rent on my server. I need to know for financial reasons, to know if I should stop my BlueFang subscription for our server, or wait.

I'm hoping the public cry for these configs will make it come true.

They have really screwed up with this patch there is no use now wasted almost 2 years of working out breeding.

Dinos have lost lvls and those countless nights working on the prefect breed.

Ptredones are meant to fly fast now slow as a turtle and no stamina.

They dont focus on the glitches or the lag they just keep changing things without listening to us the players. Qutezals were meant to haul and now they cant even do that.

Watching so many good people leave the game because of the screw ups being made. Ark is amazing game its addictive and fun and so many things to do. So why ruin it over 6000 people have complained and petitioned and steam is offering back refunds so how much of a bigger hint do you need. You offer the game 51% off but you know after people join and see what us common players see they will quit. So what is this take the money and run? You wonder why games like wow etc make it? simple they listen to the customer .....Quetzals are ruined, wyverns every flying dino in the game is ruined you say owell this is beta isnt the focus on beta listening to the people fixing whats wrong make the game more enjoyable band aiding the issues can only work so long. Yeds there may be typos on this but owell .

The "Classic Flyers" mod doesn't work for me properly, and it doesn't revert all the things the Flyer Nerf does. Additionally, all my old flyers were lvl 1 with this mod, showing wrong stats and there's no chance to change that. All I got as an answer from the dev is "I'm doing it wrong" and "don't bother me, you're wasting my time" (of course deleted in the comment section). He may keep his mod, I don't want it any more. If the Wildcard devs do not add a function to revert this nerf on unofficial servers, I'll also abandone this game.

Too bad, made so many publicity for this game and its mods...it's really a pity how unprofessional it all became. But it's only a game, though. There's no use to cry over spilled milk.

on the plus side i seen someone using a bronto to transport ore as opposed to them usually being berry pickers at the gate of bases or sauropod shaped statues in someones base now if they can add fliers back in while making sure to let big land dinos like the bronto still have a point i would be happy. and yes i do consider fliers gone at this point theyre a waste of a tame in there current state hence why i killed mine and mind wiped to use the engram points on more practical saddles like the paracer.

59 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

People have already given very viable was to get milk with land Dinos

He was suggesting getting milk... with a wyvern. That's kind of not an option for people who are, you know, trying to get their first wyvern. 

It's like the quetzal trap: "oh yeah it's easy taming a quetz, just use a quetz cage"

1 minute ago, Wazzamaniac said:

He was suggesting getting milk... with a wyvern. That's kind of not an option for people who are, you know, trying to get their first wyvern. 

It's like the quetzal trap: "oh yeah it's easy taming a quetz, just use a quetz cage"

And someone just posted on using a tap with a buddy. That way you can get your first wyvern egg. Problem solved

1 hour ago, DragonEnchantress said:

Wyverns are supposed to be end game mounts, they're not supposed to be accommodating and easy to get until someone has the proper means to handle the task. You're basically saying if you haven't even gotten a rock golem (which I've tamed solo many times no sweat with literally just a paracer and a cannon) then you probably aren't ready to get a wyvern egg anyway. The problem with SE is the wyverns were basically a final go to task and people were getting them seriously early in the game and, once again, low levels shouldn't own them. If having a pteradon at level 35 is too much progression in the devs eyes you think having a wyvern at an early level was intended?

if this is true, then with all due respect devs should make it so certain dinos cannot be mounted unless of a certain level. This will prevent people from trading dinos to lower levels. FWIW, this excuse makes zero sense in a sandbox pve environment anyway. Technically there is content that players have a CHOICE to engage or not engage, and no one should be forcing it onto them, not even the developer. You could argue this would matter in pvp, but that's a small proportion of the player base. There are far more pve servers than pvp, even official ones, look it up, so this idiocy hammers people that aren't even causing problems.

On 3/31/2017 at 10:43 PM, Pilate72 said:

Please reconsider the drastic nerf to flyers.

My two tribemates and I have over 8k hours between us on official PVE servers, and this is the most discouraging change that has happened to the game.  This is such an incredible blow to the work that we have put in to breed our flying dinosaurs. 

I am trying to understand why it is necessary to cut quetzal stamina by 75%; our imprinted quetzals can barely make it from redwoods to south jungle on the Center map.  Wyvern utility has drastically decreased.  How do players steal eggs now? Tandem metal farming is barely feasible.  Helping new players by picking them up from spawn points with a speed tapejara - forget it.  

I suppose I would be more willing to accept such drastic alterations if there were a bit more transparency, but simply saying "It makes the game more balanced" is not enough. It certainly doesn't feel as though the balance has improved.

This isn't going to lead us to use land dinos more; it will simply lead to people playing less.

Also please consider allowing players to adjust the opacity of the UI and text - my eyeballs are burning.

I agree whole heartedly the dumbest thing is this, the balance they wanted isn't happening oh it's too stop battle quetz and noobs from talking a ptera and skipping everything that could kill them lol this makes me laugh ya know why on my pvp server since quetz are slower now it went from being assaulted by 2 to bring assaulted by 4 and giganotosaurus, total raptoring failure plus on my pve server noobs still tame ptera pump the stamina and fly the map the only difference is they land in bases like mine cause it's safe so all around raptor you wildcard you succeeded in nothing just like you always will. Plus were it says raptor is f.u.ck

2 hours ago, DragonEnchantress said:

"Wyverns are supposed to be end game mounts."

That's pretty shaky logic.

ARK shouldn't even have an end game mount ideal. If the "end game" was a thing the game wouldn't progress as it does.

What does "end game" consist of? Basically when you're at the point that you can get a wyvern and that's it? There's nothing to do?

Level holds no relevance other than what supply crates you can access, what stuff you can make sans blueprint, and what kind of stats you have. That shouldn't dictate if you do or don't have a wyvern.

And if you do have a wyvern at a low level I applaud you. Because most of the time it's either bought with a pile of metal or a lot of fearful running from being devoured by an angry flying parent in a lava filled chasm. If you were gifted it, congrats you got a really great pal or neighbor or whatever that was feeling super generous!

A wyvern shouldn't be an end all final task for any player. That's just you assuming what the player does and doesn't prioritize. It shouldn't be definite.  If it is, ARK is doing the whole patching, updating, and releasing content constantly wrong. It shouldn't feel like that's the grandest task you can achieve. A survival game should continue to give you different challenges and goals to meet and make.

There are no "end game" mounts. Just what you prioritize focusing on over what you don't. I.E. I could focus on getting a wyvern, but not really look into taming a mantis because I don't want deathworms in my life ever. Which is untrue, but the point still stands.

Tldr; How people spend their time and what mounts they tame is very up in the air. Very floaty. If someone wants to get a wyvern at an early level, why should they be penalized for it? Is it a pride thing for people who feel like they worked harder? Does it bother someone because they waited longer to get their personal Toothless? Why should it matter how someone plays the game as long as they play it fairly, and why should they be penalized for that? It's a pile of pixels. Unless you're ailing over it on a pvp server I don't think a low level having a wyvern is going to make the difference. We're all flying slow as molasses now anyways.

8 hours ago, HamerTime said:

Do you know how easy it is to snipe a ptera out of the sky? Fab snipers will down those with less than a clip, there's a reason they were made hard to hit.

I have feeling everyone who supports this change has never actually played real PVP.

So let me get this right...because you can kill a pteradon which is early game with a clip from an end game weapon its fine? Nvm the fact that most people would tame a pteradon to be able to farm the supplys to build the very gun they need to kill one smh...

Dont even act like birds arnt op otherwise people wouldnt throwing such tantrums over this balancing...hell if it was a wolf or saber very few would care sense birds better anyways

• Volunteer Moderator
14 hours ago, szabiferi said:

You would be right, if our reports would be taken seriously. 

Im a tester IRL (actually a QA manager and lead), but I doesn't see any customer side report treated properly :)  The proper way would be a customer side ticketing system, not an unmonitored section of a forum...

Since I dont see we are treated as testers at all, I still have the impression Im a player/customer. 

They do though, as evidenced by revisions done to swamp fever as well as the first dino rebalance patch. Setting up strawpolls that just say "do we like nerfs y/n" without any depth to it doesn't help make a better game, and saying things like "bring it back to how it was before" doesn't either, because how it was before was undeniably broken.

6 minutes ago, Chaska said:

"Wyverns are supposed to be end game mounts."

That's pretty shaky logic.

ARK shouldn't even have an end game mount ideal. If the "end game" was a thing the game wouldn't progress as it does.

What does "end game" consist of? Basically when you're at the point that you can get a wyvern and that's it? There's nothing to do?

Level holds no relevance other than what supply crates you can access, what stuff you can make sans blueprint, and what kind of stats you have. That shouldn't dictate if you do or don't have a wyvern.

And if you do have a wyvern at a low level I applaud you. Because most of the time it's either bought with a pile of metal or a lot of fearful running from being devoured by an angry flying parent in a lava filled chasm. If you were gifted it, congrats you got a really great pal or neighbor or whatever that was feeling super generous!

A wyvern shouldn't be an end all final task for any player. That's just you assuming what the player does and doesn't prioritize. It shouldn't be definite.  If it is, ARK is doing the whole patching, updating, and releasing content constantly wrong. It shouldn't feel like that's the grandest task you can achieve. A survival game should continue to give you different challenges and goals to meet and make.

There are no "end game" mounts. Just what you prioritize focusing on over what you don't. I.E. I could focus on getting a wyvern, but not really look into taming a mantis because I don't want deathworms in my life ever. Which is untrue, but the point still stands.

Tldr; How people spend their time and what mounts they tame is very up in the air. Very floaty. If someone wants to get a wyvern at an early level, why should they be penalized for it? Is it a pride thing for people who feel like they worked harder? Does it bother someone because they waited longer to get their personal Toothless? Why should it matter how someone plays the game as long as they play it fairly, and why should they be penalized for that? It's a pile of pixels. Unless you're ailing over it on a pvp server I don't think a low level having a wyvern is going to make the difference. We're all flying slow as molasses now anyways.

I both agree and disagree in technicality there is no end tier but in a playing perspective there is. And I mean it by saying this yes you can spend your time and tame anything either quick or slowly. But end tier is usually something noobs cannot get and in this sense it is true for example anyone no matter the level can tame a therizino that's fine and well but at the same time a noob or someone not well established in the game will have lower therizino than someone who went up the entire kibble line to kibble tame a lvl 140+ that is end tier. Now onto your point of wyverns your correct 100% because they are not end tier an end tier is something that takes a long time to achieve but a wyvern egg is simply until this latest poopty patch speed and luck nowith it can't be done without 2 or more people and milk is worse. 

6 minutes ago, Moodster1986 said:

So let me get this right...because you can kill a pteradon which is early game with a clip from an end game weapon its fine? Nvm the fact that most people would tame a pteradon to be able to farm the supplys to build the very gun they need to kill one smh...

Dont even act like birds arnt op otherwise people wouldnt throwing such tantrums over this balancing...hell if it was a wolf or saber very few would care sense birds better anyways

How were the flyers MADE OP in the first place? Vanilla birds that were never bred were never OP, ever. It was the crazy over-breeding that caused this, and I wish WC would admit they just punted to try and avoid losing too much face on it. The issue was PVP, it was never about PVE players avoiding content (really, in a sandbox game, using that excuse is deflection of the worst sort). Wipe the PVP servers and fix the breeding, place caps on that, and that fixes it. Making the game much worse on PVE players is only making them quit playing out of frustration. Seriously, who the hell cares how anyone plays on a PVE server?

1 minute ago, Michaud said:

I both agree and disagree in technicality there is no end tier but in a playing perspective there is. And I mean it by saying this yes you can spend your time and tame anything either quick or slowly. But end tier is usually something noobs cannot get and in this sense it is true for example anyone no matter the level can tame a therizino that's fine and well but at the same time a noob or someone not well established in the game will have lower therizino than someone who went up the entire kibble line to kibble tame a lvl 140+ that is end tier. Now onto your point of wyverns your correct 100% because they are not end tier an end tier is something that takes a long time to achieve but a wyvern egg is simply until this latest poopty patch speed and luck nowith it can't be done without 2 or more people and milk is worse. 

I see your point! I just don't know if I'd consider kibble and high level taming an end game thing, but it certainly is dedication. Yeah. Definitely dedication and perseverance a low level may or may not have. Or understand yet! I know I didn't. 

End tier is a better word for it I think. As it's not an end all to gameplay in general or anything. A wyvern shouldn't feel like the FINAL SHOWDOWN. In all honesty, yeah! My biggest goal is finding a thyla that has amazing colors and is 140+. Purely because I love me some thylas and they are wonderful and good bearcats. And I will not settle for a messy color scheme for my bearcat sons.

Just now, Probitas said:

How were the flyers MADE OP in the first place? Vanilla birds that were never bred were never OP, ever. It was the crazy over-breeding that caused this, and I wish WC would admit they just punted to try and avoid losing too much face on it. The issue was PVP, it was never about PVE players avoiding content (really, in a sandbox game, using that excuse is deflection of the worst sort). Wipe the PVP servers and fix the breeding, place caps on that, and that fixes it. Making the game much worse on PVE players is only making them quit playing out of frustration.

Really...you clearly never played the game pre dino hp and melle rebalencing if you think vanilla birds where never op...i had argys with 15k life and 1k attack that would fight alphas. Hell i can still kill alphas with a pteradon..well could befor this patch 

1 minute ago, Chaska said:

I see your point! I just don't know if I'd consider kibble and high level taming an end game thing, but it certainly is dedication. Yeah. Definitely dedication and perseverance a low level may or may not have. Or understand yet! I know I didn't. 

End tier is a better word for it I think. As it's not an end all to gameplay in general or anything. A wyvern shouldn't feel like the FINAL SHOWDOWN. In all honesty, yeah! My biggest goal is finding a thyla that has amazing colors and is 140+. Purely because I love me some thylas and they are wonderful and good bearcats. And I will not settle for a messy color scheme for my bearcat sons.

Indeed I love the thyla as well I have a pure black male lvl 145 kibble tamed and an orange and brown striped female kibble tamed also 145 and to be honest wyverns until recently were not hard to raise now they ate impossible but my hardest tame was probably my tuso.

• Jatheish unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived