Upcoming Patch v256 Discussion Thread

Jatheish

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@eESTlane I agree some of the birds are a bit OP .. although i don't see it lowering chances of being scouted most likely will increase as people will be flying a lot slower and notice things better than b4. Oh and there could be a few more death bags getting lost cause you can't fly across the map at light speed to retrieve it.  

Constructive feedback.... Ok here goes, I wont comment on how terrible the flyer nerf was, instead.... Might i suggest allowing players to use mindwipes on there existing flyers so we can reset all the stat points considering most players myself included had all points spent in hit points so basically we have quetzals with no spare points and no stamina. Please allow us to reset all the points instead of just the refund on points which we spent in speed which wasn't many obviously on a quetz for the most part. Mind wipes used on dinos would solve a lot of problems for us at this point regardless of any re-balancing that will take place over the next few days. I believe a nerf to speed was necessary but not quite as much, 170% speed instead of 300% on a ptera would be more workable for the players. I don't believe any stamina nerf was necessary but if it must be done 20% would of been more then enough at this point nobody is using flyers whatsoever.. its faster to go by land dinos when you take into account how frequent you need to land.  As for the vault changes most peoples bases have more problems then they know what to do with, big holes on all 4 sides of the vaults that were made smaller, exposed wires and large gaping entry holes into base leaving them vulnerable and open to attack. IMO the only real way to fix this for people would be to leave the existing vaults people have as they were, but change the size of any new vaults people will place int he future. Of course this would mean a rollback would be required but this patch has created hundreds of hours of made remodeling for individuals and tribes, allow players to change there vault layout in there own time stead of being forced to do it or potentially lose there bases in an attack because of the exposed wires and holes.

25 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

I said constructive feedback, what you posted is just an opinion and a request.

the only constructive feedback i can give is the opinion of the community on the server i host: call it april fools joke and roll back the flyernerf.

then think about what you did there because the flyers are comlpetly useless atm.

eg.: we had a ptera with 5k life 3,5k stam and NO movement boosted. now it has 3,6k life, 512 stam and NOT a single skillpoint?! so what to do with it? shoot it?

or

quetz with 10k life, 4k stam and 200 movement has now 8k life 806 stam and 136,5 movement - it only has 4 skillpoints. (it was a 150quetz tamed with kibble...) HOW?! i mean really HOW?! 60 lvls for SH** and only 4 skillpoints?

so again: pleasae roll back the flyernerf (or i could loose at least 25-50% of my community). or give us serveradmins at least the possibility to disable the nerf via an ini-command like the "regen stamina in air" thing you did (that: AllowFlyingStaminaRecovery=true).

i hope that was constructive enough considering how pissed i am...

ps: give us some info we can give to our players... thx

This Update is the worst nerf i have ever seen on ark, over the months quetz dragon and other fliers have been hit with some pretty large nerfs, but this is absurd speed was the only thing keeping them alive, now I cant fly to one end of my raptoring base to the other without having to land.... IN MY OWN BASE! GG Ark devs, ya played yourself.

Without a doubt some of the fyler stats should be looked at in greater detail in order to have a good game babalnce but this nerf is way to extreme.  Luckily I have seen people say that the debs may re buff some dinos so fingers crossed that actually happens in a timely fashion  

IMO some possible suggestions coming from a pve player.

Maybe speed should have a cap of 200% or something but to have no ability to level speed is just silly for quite a few reasons. Or perhaps it is easier to give less points per speed level up making it so you would have to invest a lot more levels to reach a players ideal speed. (Ex tamed argy get 2.5% per level and born argy get 3%.... perhaps 1.5% & 2% are fair)

Also I feel as if the quetz nerf is not appropriate because wild quetz don't land for stamina why should I have to land especially if my quetz inventory is empty. How about a compromise where you can regain stamina standing on quetz plat with less than 50% weight or something.  

Also a nerf of 50% stamina to me is a bit extreme and would much prefer to see that number reduced to 20%

On ‎28‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 7:36 AM, Swampy said:

I've been built in and on the volcano on an official server since the third month the game was released. The devs have said MULTIPLE times that their intentions were to make it active eventually. I consistently reminded people about it on pve 333 for good measure too. Still didn't stop a tribe from not believing me and building a massive metal box for dino storage on half the rim, looool. 

Well we've built a pretty save but little Farm base right in the mid ....  I'm a bit scared of what activity does mean? And there should be definetly a more concrete vision of what will happen when it bursts... If it will destroy stone (turrets) and Metall structures we'll need to move all that stuff away from there .... -.-

Well I think that you should still be able to pump speed in flyers, I mean how are you going to get wyverns of your argent is fried. Maybe to make it more reasonable change it so you can only pump a certain amount of points into speed so it is at least possible to tame certain things. And so you don't fall asleep while riding argys, it doesn't help that along with the fact we've lost all our points put into speed that the base speed is also nerfed pteranodons and wyverns needed some sort of speed nerf but not any of the others. The stam nerf should be put down to something like 20-25% possibly even 30? But a 50percent nerf makes it almost impossible to do anything without landing every three seconds.

1 minute ago, Destroyerz117 said:

Well I think that you should still be able to pump speed in flyers, I mean how are you going to get wyverns of your argent is fried. Maybe to make it more reasonable change it so you can only pump a certain amount of points into speed so it is at least possible to tame certain things. And so you don't fall asleep while riding argys, it doesn't help that along with the fact we've lost all our points put into speed that the base speed is also nerfed pteranodons and wyverns needed some sort of speed nerf but not any of the others. The stam nerf should be put down to something like 20-25% possibly even 30? But a 50percent nerf makes it almost impossible to do anything without landing every three seconds.

well how i've understood the basic speed has also been dropped especially the wyv's ones .... would make it possible to get eggs with an PT

29 minutes ago, Andrewbmcfarlane said:

This Update is the worst nerf i have ever seen on ark, over the months quetz dragon and other fliers have been hit with some pretty large nerfs, but this is absurd speed was the only thing keeping them alive, now I cant fly to one end of my raptoring base to the other without having to land.... IN MY OWN BASE! GG Ark devs, ya played yourself.

Did the nerf already happen????

@Jat

Firstly, by removing speed leveling up you made all flyers pain in a butt to use, making game even more like a job than entertaining activity, making game and basic things to do longer, than it should be artificially. It. is. not. fun.  We do not have time to waste 30 minutes to go from point A to point B on a bird. And even more with land dinos.

Secondly, you nerfed all tamed flyers, but not the wild ones. How are we suppoused to chase wild tapejara now or quetzal especially? Wild Quetzal does not land at all, so how we are supposed to knock it out from the sky using darts, when stamina and speed of our birds is just pathetic and we are forced to land quite often while torpor on Quetzal just disappears. 

Thridly, by nerfing stamina and removing ability to regain stamina in the air for Quetzal you made it useless as long distance carrier. I am not able to fly to from green obelisk towards the meadow between vulcano and mountain on the east at one stamina cycle. It's silly. The gathering materials in that area took me 10 minutes now I'll take half an hour doing the same boring repeatable thing. What is more you cannot tame quetzals anymore, because "Platform cage" tactic does not work anymore with no midair stamina regeneration.

And the last, but not the least, how are we suppoused to tame wyvern when argentavis is just too slow to escape from wild wyverns? Now hunderds of wyvern's hatchlings are starving. Think how irritated owners are now.

It's unbelievable those issues were overlooked in QA testing. Also, don't you think that having land dinosaurs moving faster than flyer is just illogical and silly?

What should be done instead:

• Set up hard cap for speed to so you could have leveled speed up to 180-200% for pterodons, argentavis and quetzals. I agree having 300% ptera is ridiculous, but at least let us increase their speed to 200% so we can feel that our bird gets stronger acutally.
  • Readd regaining stamina for Quetzal in midair.
  • Instead of halving stamina, reduce it by 20 % from pre 256 patch numbers.
  • According to recieved feedback, adjust stamina regeneration.

My feedback regarding new sounds effect you can find here:

PS: Regarding Tapejara, did you know they fly up to the sky higher and higer and they do not lower the altitude at all? We have to take quetzal with platform saddle to make AI recognise there is a surface to land and then you have bola it to take it down from the sky? 

Well i do agree that this flyer nerf was bad. If you think that flyers are too strong a better solution would be to just cut the amount of speed a dino gets per point. Capping the amount is not the best solution. If players want a fast bird then they have to pump all points into speed and stamina, instead of balancing them out all evenly. This way you can have a fast bird that can get you from a to b quickly and in one trip, but not one that can attack anything. If they want an attack bird then they have to pump more health and attack. Leaving none for speed. 

Any time you nerf something, only the whiners will be vocal about it. They are the ones with a reason to come say something. Waaahhh I was having fun being op and the game was easy now it's all balanced and I hate it. Maybe they have a small point in that the nerf was over the top by a certain degree. Trust your own instincts Wildcard. You've led us this far. Don't let the vocal minority ruin a very needed stat balance. If anything listen to someone who is at least being reasonable about it. Like the guy who suggested allowing imprinting to still boost speed. Maybe give them 10 or 15% of the stam back. But in general KEEP this nerf. It makes Ark such a better game in the long run. 

• Jatheish unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived