Upcoming Patch v256 Discussion Thread

Jatheish

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Michaud said:

Yeah maybe for pvp or noobs they didn't need poop done to them. They're useless now you can't kill a titan you can't even fly to an obi without having to land this is complete garbage I have 4 baby wyverns now that will die because I can't get milk I have literally no stamina to fight an alpha and my tap is now useless because all my birds are to slow. Way to go wildcard ^_^ choke on rock. 

Use a wyvern to get milk.  Wear a gas mask so poison wyverns don't kill you.  Never milk a lightning wyvern.  Fly the wyv you're trying to milk into your trap, if it's a fire, wait till it breaths, dismount, run out of trap and narc it while your wyv tanks.  If it's a poison even easier.  Just dismount when in trap.

Please reconsider the drastic nerf to flyers.

My two tribemates and I have over 8k hours between us on official PVE servers, and this is the most discouraging change that has happened to the game.  This is such an incredible blow to the work that we have put in to breed our flying dinosaurs. 

I am trying to understand why it is necessary to cut quetzal stamina by 75%; our imprinted quetzals can barely make it from redwoods to south jungle on the Center map.  Wyvern utility has drastically decreased.  How do players steal eggs now? Tandem metal farming is barely feasible.  Helping new players by picking them up from spawn points with a speed tapejara - forget it.  

I suppose I would be more willing to accept such drastic alterations if there were a bit more transparency, but simply saying "It makes the game more balanced" is not enough. It certainly doesn't feel as though the balance has improved.

This isn't going to lead us to use land dinos more; it will simply lead to people playing less.

Also please consider allowing players to adjust the opacity of the UI and text - my eyeballs are burning.

Just now, Wazzamaniac said:

Say that again, but slowly. Just so I know you're not joking

Fair point.  Assuming you're trying to raise your first wyvern, use a golem or high HP rex outside the scar and pull a female with a gun.  Rex/golem will tank while you tranq from safe distance.

Trying to get your first egg?  Now that may be a bit trickier... Thylaco to run up the wall of the scar?  Reaaallly high HP argie? Yeah ok.  I can see how this part may be hard.  Once you get a wyv tho you should be dandy :)

4 minutes ago, DabDankly said:

the inventory item glitch in machines is a UI bug, if you hover over an item you will see you have materials in the machines. Transfer all and you can get your items and put in one of these new small vaults that totally f'd up base design and you can put away safely for now.

If you click the inventory tab at the top rather than the crafting tab, you'll see all the inventory in the machines. They've just made them into two separate areas.

9 minutes ago, Brayn said:

Fair point.  Assuming you're trying to raise your first wyvern, use a golem or high HP rex outside the scar and pull a female with a gun.  Rex/golem will tank while you tranq from safe distance.

Trying to get your first egg?  Now that may be a bit trickier... Thylaco to run up the wall of the scar?  Reaaallly high HP argie? Yeah ok.  I can see how this part may be hard.  Once you get a wyv tho you should be dandy :)

I'm betting wild wyverns can still go as fast. Calling it

• Jatheish unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived