Upcoming Patch v256 Discussion Thread

Jatheish

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, iAmE said:

I don't think it's....necessarily how they do it, or what. It's the misinformation they release constantly. Every fifteen minutes, to every half hour, there's a message that says "The servers will be going down in 20 minutes for a major patch". For oh, 5-6 hours at times.

This is really problematic because doing anything in this game, at all, takes an hour or two by design. Which essentially means Wildcard is making everyone extremely nervous, if not outright unable, to do anything for that window of time, because they don't respect the player/testers time. 

If I were a gambler, I would bet some serious money that you don't send your clients "Updates" every 20 minutes that the service will be going down in half an hour, for 6 hours. It's infuriating. If they actually had a schedule that was even remotely semi-reliable, and they communicated it, people wouldn't be freaking out. 

You'd win that gamble. Cause yes my Co does not give ETA for update to our clients. They are only telling it to client when our select two client that signed a non disclosure agreement are 100% with the patch on our Release candidate server. But on the other end our clients are not as eager for new features as we are Gamers me included are. My point was just about we are waiting for entertainment not a business critical update. It's for fun we want that. And yes waiting is not fun. but we all have the option of walking away from our keyboard and do something else there is no money lost for us just time we choose waiting in front of our PC.

But Yes Their ETA should not includes specific times and be more like: We're aiming for Friday by the end of the day, not a promise.

1 minute ago, Lorien said:

But Yes Their ETA should not includes specific times and be more like: We're aiming for Friday by the end of the day, not a promise.

No. It's even more specific then that. They are release "Servers going down" messages for five to six hours before the servers go down. Therefore, effectively, while the server turnover only takes fifteen minutes, or what have you, most of us, at least on the official servers, have been sitting here for five to six hours, unable to do anything constructive, because the server is constantly telling us it is going to shut down soon. 

1 minute ago, iAmE said:

No. It's even more specific then that. They are release "Servers going down" messages for five to six hours before the servers go down. Therefore, effectively, while the server turnover only takes fifteen minutes, or what have you, most of us, at least on the official servers, have been sitting here for five to six hours, unable to do anything constructive, because the server is constantly telling us it is going to shut down soon. 

I see what you mean As a Unofficial server operator I don't get to live that kind of thing. That's something they should really not do yes. Just send 15 mins warning when the code is actually available on steam for servers to update.

1 minute ago, Lorien said:

I see what you mean As a Unofficial server operator I don't get to live that kind of thing. That's something they should really not do yes. Just send 15 mins warning when the code is actually available on steam for servers to update.

Too bad you don't run that part of WC. It would be less frustrating to all of us.

Just now, Oldkane said:

Please clarify - 160% of what - speed, weight?  Is stamina affected?

Speed was highly reduced. Stam is poop on my wyvern now. Had to reapply point and put a major boost on stam or I would run out in 1-2 breath attacks while flying. For reference, this is a 185 97% imprint poison that used to be a hellion.

• Jatheish unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived