Upcoming Patch v256 Discussion Thread

Jatheish

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Seathre said:

I'm new to this, not familiar with the norm. Is it also typical for them not to keep us in the loop?

I wasn't kidding earlier in the thread. About a week before the major patch hits, look at the ETA. Add 2-3 days to it. I don't remember that rule ever being wrong, and I've been playing since it hit Steam. 

Just now, Zederia said:

hey wildcard, let's have some word, what's going on? Now almost an hour late from after the latest update, and 8 hours late from the original eta today.

They won't patch for probably another 8-9 hours. It's very rare that they don't patch at 1-2 AM PST. 

Welp, its the quit or not to quit patch depending on nerf's to quetz. As it is it takes forever to farm.... at least the quetz makes it fun for me. Any nerfs that add hours to my farming and this game can burn for all i care. Pvp i can understand as the balance needs to be greater but PVE...come on its pretty much single player anyways. 

Just now, Ldante said:

Welp, its the quit or not to quit patch depending on nerf's to quetz. As it is it takes forever to farm.... at least the quetz makes it fun for me. Any nerfs that add hours to my farming and this game can burn for all i care. Pvp i can understand as the balance needs to be greater but PVE...come on its pretty much single player anyways. 

Well, I can say from what I saw of the beta branch on stream last night, Quetz' new speed is about as fast as a Turtle. So, there's that. 

2 minutes ago, iAmE said:

Well, I can say from what I saw of the beta branch on stream last night, Quetz' new speed is about as fast as a Turtle. So, there's that. 

Screw that, absolutely absurd for PVE. Give us something cool and taking it away a year or greater later sure creates animosity.

No reason to continue playing for a damn equus thats for sure if they are gonna add hours of grindey farming to my immersion. 

Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 minute ago, Twin said:

is there a way of increasing the speed of just one type

Nope, but they should add ways of re-implementing the things they are nerfing especially considering I don't want to have to make a mod simply to rebuff these instances...

23 minutes ago, iAmE said:

I hope you didn't megnify the new Quetzal's speed... If it is the speed of the turtle truly... I see flame war on the horizon. That would have been the most pathetic way to rebalance that creature making it worthless and tedious completely.

2 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

I hope you didn't megnified the news Quetzal speed... If it is the speed of the Turtle truly... I see flame war on the horizon. That would the most pathetic way to rebalance that creature.

I saw it on a Chinese stream last night, he was streaming some of the Beta branch. I caught the part where a Bronto got to stone henge before a full sprint wyvern could, and they messed around with Quetzals and Turtles after that, then the stream nixed. Had the new UI, and the devs don't tend to actually make intelligent decisions when they "Nerf" things, so I found it credible. 

1 minute ago, iAmE said:

I saw it on a Chinese stream last night, he was streaming some of the Beta branch. I caught the part where a Bronto got to stone henge before a full sprint wyvern could, and they messed around with Quetzals and Turtles after that, then the stream nixed. 

Was it really beta branch? I'm supicious. No way they could have nerfed Wyvern to the point Bronto reaches the place faster. It would have been illogical.

1 minute ago, Lewiatan said:

Was it really beta branch? I'm supicious. No way they could have nerfed Wyvern to the point Bronto reaches the place faster. It would have been illogical.

It had the new UI in working order, so I find it somewhat credible. A friend of mine linked it to me, he speaks chinese and said it was a Beta branch "Protest" thing stream. Between the new UI, the changes (That fit the developers MO of nerfing things) and him saying that's what it was, I found it moderately credible. 

4 minutes ago, iAmE said:

It had the new UI in working order, so I find it somewhat credible. A friend of mine linked it to me, he speaks chinese and said it was a Beta branch "Protest" thing stream. Between the new UI, the changes (That fit the developers MO of nerfing things) and him saying that's what it was, I found it moderately credible. 

Oh, then we have a flame war soon surely. No way quetzal being as fast as turtle or wyvern slower than bronto will be accepted by community. We are sick of making things taking longer than it should be (grinding resources and transport them). Too bad they didn't decided to show what they want to do, so we could have pointed obvious mistakes out they overlooked somehow, before we would have to deal with them in public game.

• Jatheish unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived