Upcoming Patch v256 Discussion Thread

Jatheish

Just now, Hinde said:

Also, I'd recommend to either just not care about the patch and play anyways (not just staying in base I mean) or just skip Ark for the day until the patch hits live servers. You can only blame yourself if you sit in front of your pc looking at a character in a base for hours! :P

I guess I'm going to have to skip tillit hits, because I can't provision myself for waiting and I can't afford to lose something big because of a patch hit mid day without warning

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Smacd said:

Dear WildCard, I fully understand that deadlines that have no meaning to you are hard to meet. I mean if I didn't have to get up and be to work at a certain time, well I would just lay in bed all day, except I wouldn't because I would be playing Ark all day! So some friends of mine and I have a server that we often play on! It's a great server, fun people, very real with each other, lots of things to do, just a joy to be on. Well we had planned that on the 30th day of March 2017 we would be down for a bit while Ark updated, knowing that this is a massive update, it kind of changes our Ark-Lives (they matter)! So we waited, and waited for the update, then came the twitter message that it would be delayed until 12 EST the following day. Well poop I went to bed. Now here we sit at 3:04 CST and no update. So we're pissed and you know what we're going to about it, we're going to download that poop and reset the server as soon as it updates, which may be never but we will sit and wait. Thanks for not updating as you said you would. I kinda think you suck right now. Thank you for your time and god bless...

FYI: They rarely announce when the patch will go live, they rather announce an ETA - an estimate when they think they are ready. In my experience, these rough estimates are generally very optimistic and you shouldn't expect them to live up to them, especially if it has already been delayed 3 times (that usually means they want to release it ASAP but as you can see, it doesn't exactly work out). I agree that they could be a bit more open about the fact that it's just an ETA (if you just read over it it seems like a fixed date and you might think they already have the patch ready) - almost 2 years later people still get annoyed about it.

Just now, Hinde said:

FYI: They rarely announce when the patch will go live, they rather announce an ETA - an estimate when they think they are ready. In my experience, these rough estimates are generally very optimistic and you shouldn't expect them to live up to them, especially if it has already been delayed 3 times (that usually means they want to release it ASAP but as you can see, it doesn't exactly work out). I agree that they could be a bit more open about the fact that it's just an ETA (if you just read over it it seems like a fixed date and you might think they already have the patch ready) - almost 2 years later people still get annoyed about it.

I know, it was more out of joking frustration of how we feel and the fact that no matter how angry people say they are that at the end of the day we'll be back.

4 minutes ago, Zederia said:

I guess I'm going to have to skip tillit hits, because I can't provision myself for waiting and I can't afford to lose something big because of a patch hit mid day without warning

Luckily there's so many great things out there other than Ark! Other games, books, movies - you name it. Also, just got a steam message about the patch. Might be going live any second!

1 minute ago, Hinde said:

AFAIK Jat had surgery today so don't expect him to reply. The last update we got in this thread was from Chris I think. 

Also, I'd recommend to either just not care about the patch and play anyways (not just staying in base I mean) or just skip Ark for the day until the patch hits live servers. You can only blame yourself if you sit in front of your pc looking at a character in a base for hours! :P

But, but, but..... I WANT IT NOW!  Yes, every single solitary update including the little ones that make you log off for two minutes, they are never on time.  Never have been, so if you just stop expecting it to be "on time" then you won't be disappointed.  The only real thing this affects is breeding/taming and boss battles when it comes to having to download a large update.  So shame on you Wild Card for yet again raptoring over your fan base with little or no regard for anyone's time schedule when trying to navigate game mechanics that YOU CREATED!!!  FFS, get your poop together.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
7 minutes ago, Tinivuel said:

You had to push the pach so it wud hit at midle off the night and no way to get the hold off my host >:(

If you have a professional host, you shouldn't need to contact them to get an update done...

• Volunteer Moderator
15 minutes ago, Tinivuel said:

You had to push the pach so it wud hit at midle off the night and no way to get the hold off my host >:(

If they released the patch at a different time it would have been the middle of the night somewhere in the world. It's not like the update is going anywhere, it will still be there for your server tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

If they released the patch at a different time it would have been the middle of the night somewhere in the world. It's not like the update is going anywhere, it will still be there for your server tomorrow.

That is tru tho is I dc or anny one else want to log on they wil not have acsess before the server is restarted. And that wil be a problem for manny other players that plays on private hosted server that they wil not be able to log on before the server is restatet and updated. So when they sett a time limmit the owners off private server cud log on and restart ther server, tho when they push the update like this for manny houers pp get a litte upsett off waiting and maybe go to bed or do other stuff. 

Guest BubbaCrawfish
11 minutes ago, Tinivuel said:

We had the server on a rentet professional host before inn USA and it was soooo bad. So we moved the hole save to a difrent host and it has been like night and day. So much more smode now

If it was set up correctly it'd auto-update. Just saying.

3 minutes ago, Tinivuel said:

That is tru tho is I dc or anny one else want to log on they wil not have acsess before the server is restarted. And that wil be a problem for manny other players that plays on private hosted server that they wil not be able to log on before the server is restatet and updated. So when they sett a time limmit the owners off private server cud log on and restart ther server, tho when they push the update like this for manny houers pp get a litte upsett off waiting and maybe go to bed or do other stuff. 

Kind of comes with the territory though, If you are going to play on a privately hosted server, you have to expect things like this. As a server owner/admin with a full time job and a 4 month old baby sometimes you just have to look at the big picture. Things will be perfectly fine if you can't login to your server for a few hours....You can't please everyone.

Sense they felt the need to delete the other threads (cause they were about the video, thats about this patch, ergo this thread was priority?)  Are we ever going to get non-tek tiered aquatic bases? Especially concerning primitive and prim+ servers? Will normal primitive servers ever get a thecenter? Will Sally meet Harry? Wait.....strike that one. Will Primal Survival be a SOTF reskin?

• Jatheish unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived