Upcoming Patch v256 Discussion Thread

Jatheish

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Directly from Steam news:

ARK: Survival Evolved's v256 update is bursting with major new features including vacuum-sealed Underwater Bases & Aquatic Breeding, Tek Teleporter Pads & Wireless Generators, 4 powerful new creatures, and ARK's first Inventory Menu overall for a streamlined new look!

Gotta say I'm excited about the Underwater Bases

7 minutes ago, Destroyerz117 said:

So let's get this straight, if you can't out ANY points into movement speed and stamina is almost useless how are you going to tame a quetz? Or actually get a wyvern for that matter without becoming BBQ

Not sure on the wyvern, unless they nerfed then in some way as well, or added ground paths to their nests.. quetz could be chain bola'd.. while a tribemate tranqs, or just trapped per usual..

7 minutes ago, Destroyerz117 said:

So let's get this straight, if you can't out ANY points into movement speed and stamina is almost useless how are you going to tame a quetz? Or actually get a wyvern for that matter without becoming BBQ

Fair point my friend. If this does go live the absolute storm of hate will arise. And as I see there is also possibilities for some showers but if you look past the clouds you can see a patch of blue with no storm and no hate, just a bright and happy update. xD

2 hours ago, Myst said:

Everyone plays different. So, what is good for you, might not be good for others.  I play many different styles. PVP is rough, but I try, I am just not looking for that style of play too often. I just want to relax, and calm down, sometimes too.

I like to use flyers later in game, and for different reasons. I also limit myself, with different play styles. My favourite style is P+...but it is broken. I also am not only surviving the wild, but I am fighting for materials, from the bigger tribes, as well on officials. Sometimes that is worse then the dinos....Not complaining. That is just how it goes. I like to use flyers for this style, at this time.

I think the whole game is just piled up into a big unorganized mess, and needs to be sorted out. 

I have played almost 2 years now, and I still haven't touched a lot of the content. Why? ...because WC kept adding more, and more, stuff to the base game. More Dino's, more maps, more styles of play, official, unofficial, no flyers, tribes, SP PVP, PVE, And P+

I'm like a kid in a candy store, I want to try some of everything. Lol

I still haven't really got out of PVE...and Iwant to give hard core a try...I have even wondered off to PG maps to have a change in scenery. I get bored, and my tribe members, like to play other ways too. ( they like to play, and skip past the grinding stuff. Lol)

I like to play, and do the work, I like to tame that dilo, and dodo, at the beginning, for eggs and make the crops, tame that berry gather, and move up the chain. I stay on the ground, and fight my way through, all the new challenges, that get thrown at me, but after awhile...it gets overwhelming. Even more dangers as the newer, and more aggressive dinos being thrown at me to challenge, as I work my way up. (They just add more OP dinos, and make the older ones, obsolete.)

So, when I get that bird, I want to feel like I was rewarded, because I did the work. I can relax some, and check out the scenery, and have the option, to avoid the little stuff. I earned it. That is me, playing the game to my liking.

Do the birds need to be looked at, Yes.....but I would like to see balance for all the dino's to be sorted, not just flyers.

Just how do you please every style of play?  I guess they have to start somewhere, and flyers it is. If it hurts officials too much tho, I will just have to move on, or stick to single player...mods etc.

My tribe mates, are young, and just want it all, or end game, otherwise they quit signing in, and go play something else. That is another challenge tho.

I like your style, i do the same thing. Try everything to just get a taste of it. And yeah I do enjoy the early stages to... Grinding for materials and creating what will someday be my little island getaway. Don't have a huge urge to get the tek stuff but all in good time. I like to relax in the game and enjoy all it has to offer.

Cheers mate

10 minutes ago, Dylx1000 said:

Fair point my friend. If this does go live the absolute storm of hate will arise. And as I see there is also possibilities for some showers but if you look past the clouds you can see a patch of blue with no storm and no hate, just a bright and happy update. xD

Patch of blue filled with my super  slow argy.... which I pumped so much speed into to get it to something that doesn't make me sleep from the boredom....:C

Haha did you see they advertising like crazy with the new water related tek stuff?

Yet not even ONE NEW player will even see that stuff ingame for at least the next 6 weeks (legit players, not cheaters, bec. those usually bite thru content within 1 week no matter how much there is or how hard it is to get legitly).

Thats a pretty funny hoax they put on the steam shop site... they also do not seem to realize that this will ultimately lead to even more frustrated players xD

(no critics here, i just find it funny a.f.)

Dear WildCard, I fully understand that deadlines that have no meaning to you are hard to meet. I mean if I didn't have to get up and be to work at a certain time, well I would just lay in bed all day, except I wouldn't because I would be playing Ark all day! So some friends of mine and I have a server that we often play on! It's a great server, fun people, very real with each other, lots of things to do, just a joy to be on. Well we had planned that on the 30th day of March 2017 we would be down for a bit while Ark updated, knowing that this is a massive update, it kind of changes our Ark-Lives (they matter)! So we waited, and waited for the update, then came the twitter message that it would be delayed until 12 EST the following day. Well poop I went to bed. Now here we sit at 3:04 CST and no update. So we're pissed and you know what we're going to about it, we're going to download that poop and reset the server as soon as it updates, which may be never but we will sit and wait. Thanks for not updating as you said you would. I kinda think you suck right now. Thank you for your time and god bless...

1 minute ago, Sky.NET said:

Yet not even ONE player will even see that stuff ingame for at least the next 6 weeks (legit players, not cheaters, bec. those usually bite thru content within 1 week no matter how much there is or how hard it is to get legitly).

um. the Alpha tribe on my server could have it 20 minutes of it launching (minus the boss battle, no idea how long that would actually take)

Just now, Zederia said:

um. the Alpha tribe on my server could have it 20 minutes of it launching (minus the boss battle, no idea how long that would actually take)

Sorry i missed to put in the word "NEW" before the word player, ofc we established ppl will have it instantly, but those who got baited with it on the store page? Let the negative review begin i just say lol.

54 minutes ago, Zederia said:

yea, so people don't play and leave bases because of an update set for 2 hours ago. and STILL no update

@Jat what's going on?

AFAIK Jat had surgery today so don't expect him to reply. The last update we got in this thread was from Chris I think. 

Also, I'd recommend to either just not care about the patch and play anyways (not just staying in base I mean) or just skip Ark for the day until the patch hits live servers. You can only blame yourself if you sit in front of your pc looking at a character in a base for hours! :P

• Jatheish unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived