Upcoming Patch v256 Discussion Thread

Jatheish

36 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

lets just say you and I both have different stances on fliers and what they are supposed to be in PVE. :) 

True, you think they should be basically removed, I don't.

8 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

im sure WC wouldnt allow that, it would mean rendering a core mechanic (stealing wyvern eggs to hatch) useless and impossible to accomplish and therefore gate of an entire creature from new people.

Oh yeah of course because WC doesn't always rush this stuff in half-assed :P

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BobRoss said:

i remember that, but in the end they fixed it right? you have to understand its not easy to balance out things like this and its better to overdo it a bit and then steadily buff them until they feel they are where they belong. I know other games where this was done. in Starcraft 2 for example they nerf things into the ground and then steadily buff them, same goes for league

and im sure WC has learned from previous mistakes and thinks things through more than before, and i hope they test these things private first and then implement it. :) 

for all we know the turtle in the video you saw had rockets up its bum since you mention wild pteras still having the same speed :)

One thing I want to reiterate is that everyone look at what tomorrow is. April Fools. So there is that.

On the other hand, yeah, they did figure it out, but they did kind of render the game unplayable, and probably hit record low numbers for officials, while they figured it out. 

Just now, Lumitesi said:

True, you think they should be basically removed, I don't.

no i dont, i think they should have their specific roles and be more in line with the rest of the creatures on the ARK. 

look at the Pela, thats a flier with a purpose. its not overpowered, its not underpowered, it does what its supposed to do. same goes for the SE moth. the ptera and quetzal (maybe the wyvern) are just too much out of line and are borderline broken.

2 minutes ago, Lumitesi said:

Oh yeah of course because WC doesn't always rush this stuff in half-assed :P

just because they did it in the past doesnt mean they WILL do it again. people make mistakes, people also learn and adapt. have some faith

4 minutes ago, iAmE said:

One thing I want to reiterate is that everyone look at what tomorrow is. April Fools. So there is that.

On the other hand, yeah, they did figure it out, but they did kind of render the game unplayable, and probably hit record low numbers for officials, while they figured it out. 

its easy to blame the devs and their game for the fact that officials are at an all time low. i see it more as players' fault. the greediness and egoisticak minds of PVE players (therefor hitting platform and tame caps and making it so new players cant play decently) and the overall psychpaths who run PVP these days. that are the reasons people go to unofficials. most popular unofficials ive played on in the past were all vanilla servers with maybe 1 or 2 QOL mods added like S+, they think the game is fine, just the official playerbase isnt :) 

6 minutes ago, iAmE said:

And if it is April fools then that is fine.

this nerf doesn't make the game unplayable. The players make the game unplayable.

this nerf just makes people stop being lazy

3 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

If it wasn't lazy then they wouldn't nerf it. The devs know it and that is why they did it. They have grown dependent on flyers and now it is time for a change

Wonder if it ever occurred to the devs that perhaps the reason Flyers are so universally used is because the majority of the time spent in this game, is spent travelling from point A to point B. 

Realistically the devs changed it because it didn't suit their vision of the game. Nothing to do with this concept of "Laziness" you're throwing around. 

5 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

its easy to blame the devs and their game for the fact that officials are at an all time low. i see it more as players' fault. the greediness and egoisticak minds of PVE players (therefor hitting platform and tame caps and making it so new players cant play decently) and the overall psychpaths who run PVP these days. that are the reasons people go to unofficials. most popular unofficials ive played on in the past were all vanilla servers with maybe 1 or 2 QOL mods added like S+, they think the game is fine, just the official playerbase isnt :) 

It is kind of their fault that their servers are at an all time low though. They are kinda responsible for the playerbase. 

1 minute ago, Volcano637 said:

And if it is April fools then that is fine.

this nerf doesn't make the game unplayable. The players make the game unplayable.

this nerf just makes people stop being lazy

The nerf makes the game pretty much unplayable. The issue is that unplayable is subjective. I already spend two to three weeks preparing for a single evening of PvP on Official PvP servers. You can easily double that if these changes I saw go live. 

15 minutes ago, iAmE said:

It is kind of their fault that their servers are at an all time low though. They are kinda responsible for the playerbase. 

its not, they create a product to their vision and their playerbase exploits every single thing they can instead of being good testers and trying to improve the game we choose to be selfish and shortvisioned. 

we are getting a shot at helping the development of a very promising game, we should try to make it as fun and engaging as possible. not make it easy and stale and boring. 

if these nerfs bring fliers in line and create more opportunities than im fine with that. if by doing this the farming becomes impossible and a problem to the wellbeing of the game than we will have to adress this and ask them to take a look at it. they have changed the previous gather rates, there is no reason they cannot do that again until there is balance.

and as far as devs responsibilitie goes, you dont blame the merchant of pencils when a criminal uses one to stab someone to death. we cannot blame creatures for the fact that humans abuse it for something its not meant to do

15 minutes ago, iAmE said:

Wonder if it ever occurred to the devs that perhaps the reason Flyers are so universally used is because the majority of the time spent in this game, is spent travelling from point A to point B. 

Realistically the devs changed it because it didn't suit their vision of the game. Nothing to do with this concept of "Laziness" you're throwing around. 

It is kind of their fault that their servers are at an all time low though. They are kinda responsible for the playerbase. 

The nerf makes the game pretty much unplayable. The issue is that unplayable is subjective. I already spend two to three weeks preparing for a single evening of PvP on Official PvP servers. You can easily double that if these changes I saw go live. 

Well we all wanted big maps so yeah it's going to take time to travel, but that doesn't mean we have to get from one end of the map to the other in 60 seconds. Games like this are supposed to take time. People aren't supposed to just be able to farm every thing as easily as they do now. Things have been way to easy for players lately.

and btw I am on a no tame server and have to walk/run on land and take a raft on water. Believe me I am not complaining because I love it. I can only carry a little over 200 metal(100 ingots) and then have to walk it back to base. That it how things should be, not 10k metal in one run. That has everything to do with laziness 

Just now, BobRoss said:

the BP nerf wasnt overkill, if the flier nerf is anything like the BP nerf i can sleep on my 2 ears :-)

I dont think it was either, but when they relaxed it they did NOT make it retroactive. Honestly I could care less, I personally like the wars that go on for weeks versus the 2 hour wipes.

16 hours ago, Titan696 said:

im not, im just patiently waiting for the last 6 weeks after seeing an ad for it 60% off, i missed it by a few days but it was still advertised on forums for the discount, and probably is, tho when you click the link its full price. i'm not mad or complaining, just curious as its payday.. and it is over due... i'm sorry my choice to stick with steam seems offensive or reason for me to pay 4 times the price for something i already own...

not really offensive, just dont understand your reasoning is all, like I said wait quietly and it will go on sale again!

3 minutes ago, liliouf said:

I just want them to respect their words,

Making the game work correctly, and releasing the updates at announced times,

This is a shame to wait after the update time and report it to later, even when announced one month before.

All it shows is that they literally get it to us as soon as humanly possible. Only way they could get it to use exactly as announced, would be if they keep us waiting so long they can be absolutely sure they have it finished, have unexpected stuff dealt with, ... and end up sitting on it just to keep it from us until the announced time.
Seriously, stop complaining they're working their asses off. They're doing it for our sake, not their own.

5 hours ago, BobRoss said:

i agree, i just want there to be a balance between all the mounts and there to be multiple ways to do things that are (almost) equally viable. i dont care if they buff land mounts or nerf fliers. 

the way i see it, by choosing the flier option, you have 1/10th of the dinos to adjust isntead of the other 9/10th when they would choose to buff ground/sea mounts.

My point is that I don't think that buffing land mounts or nerfing fliers will really help though. I think the main issue people have on the ground is pathing. You could give a land dino 1000% speed and 10K weight and it'll still be a pain to do a resource run because you have to babysit its pathing the entire time.

3 minutes ago, Currahee said:

My point is that I don't think that buffing land mounts or nerfing fliers will really help though. I think the main issue people have on the ground is pathing. You could give a land dino 1000% speed and 10K weight and it'll still be a pain to do a resource run because you have to babysit its pathing the entire time.

depends on where you do your resource run :) i play the center now and i dont have any trouble getting metal or cyrstal on that map with land dinos. obsidian is a little harder but you dont need 5K weight obsidian most of the times :)

4 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

depends on where you do your resource run :) i play the center now and i dont have any trouble getting metal or cyrstal on that map with land dinos. obsidian is a little harder but you dont need 5K weight obsidian most of the times :)

Yes because on the center there is rich nodes literally everywhere. So what kind of comparison is that? Most people here are talking about the island, I guess ;) 

• Jatheish unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived