Upcoming Patch v256 Discussion Thread

Jatheish

4 minutes ago, iAmE said:

You haven't met the Dev team. Literally just watched a tester live stream the beta branch of the game on DouyuTV. He and his buddy raced a Wyvern vs a Bronto. Bronto won. They raced from Herbi to Stonehenge. 

Apparently according to said tester who shall remain nameless, the nerfs currently on the beta branch are a, roughly, 80% universal base movement speed nerf and a 50-60% universal stamina nerf. Can't level Movement Speed on Flyers now either. (Also saw something about a nerf to Player based Movespeed points?)

I'm really hoping it's an April Fools' Joke. If not, as someone with five thousand hours in the game, the majority of which spent on Official PvP servers. I'm done. Never said it before. Sounds melodramatic. But if that patch isn't a joke by the devs or the streamer. I'm sincerely done. 

Can't say I'm surprised. They are always too heavy handed with nerfs. People will cry so much the forums will go down. And I'm sure most of the nerf advocates will cry. Especially those who have a base on the volcano so they dont need to haul huge quantities of metal. Will be fun when the volcano goes active and they have to start doing it :)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Lumitesi said:

Can't say I'm surprised. They are always too heavy handed with nerfs. People will cry so much the forums will go down. And I'm sure most of the nerf advocates will cry. Especially those who have a base on the volcano so they dont need to haul huge quantities of metal. Will be fun when the volcano goes active and they have to start doing it :)

They shouldn't have been building up there in the first place ?

1 minute ago, Lumitesi said:

To be fair, most of the people with a base on the Volcano have access to Tek Tier. Pretty easy to use the Transmitter/Teleporter to move stuff. 

Personally, I'm just over the Developers constantly making the game take more and more time. 

22 minutes ago, iAmE said:

Apparently the nerfs currently on the beta branch are a, roughly, 80% universal base movement speed nerf and a 50-60% universal stamina nerf. Can't level Movement Speed on Flyers now either. (Also saw something about a nerf to Player based Movespeed points?)

I'm really hoping it's an April Fools' Joke. If not, as someone with five thousand hours in the game, the majority of which spent on Official PvP servers. I'm done. Never said it before. Sounds melodramatic. But if that patch isn't a joke by the devs or the streamer. I'm sincerely done. 

are you saying its MS now - 80% or is it 80% of the max MS? you know lets say 300 MS becomes 220 or 60%? same for stamina?

1 minute ago, iAmE said:

Base Movespeed, though it's irrelevant now because you can't level up movement speed through leveling anymore. Their movement speed is fixed. 

so if i understand it correctly all the fliers' base MS got nerfed by 80% approx and it cannot be leveled anymore? i presented the idea of making the MS fix on fliers so im actually glad they did that. as far as the % goes ill have to test it out to see if i think its right or too extreme

3 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

Stamina i agree on their choice, and for MS do you mean 100 base movement speed or 100% movement speed? 

From what I understood, flyers would be 5 times slower than they are now without possibility to increase MS.

I sincerely hope this is wrong..

Also, on SE, the only way to steal wyvern eggs would be with another wyvern now if we can't increase MS.

And even with another wyvern, it'll look more like a flying snail race when you steal an egg...

Just now, BobRoss said:

so if i understand it correctly all the fliers' base MS got nerfed by 80% approx and it cannot be leveled anymore? i presented the idea of making the MS fix on fliers so im actually glad they did that. as far as the % goes ill have to test it out to see if i think its right or too extreme

From what I saw on stream, a Quetzal is a tad bit slower then a Turtle is, and a Wyvern (The fastest Flyer) is slower then a Bronto. 

2 minutes ago, iAmE said:

From what I saw on stream, a Quetzal is a tad bit slower then a Turtle is, and a Wyvern (The fastest Flyer) is slower then a Bronto. 

slower than a bronto while flying or walking? and are you sure these sources are reliable? because if this is true and its only for tamed and not wild, you can no longer get wyverns without atleast dying once ?

6 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

I understand the idea behind the fixed MS on flyers, but on SE it just doesn't work...

If you can't increase MS on flyers, you can't steal eggs with pteras or argentavis anymore since you can't outrun the wyverns.

That makes it a requirement to already have a wyvern to have a chance of stealing an egg to be able to get.. a wyvern..

So in single player, it's quite impossible and in multiplayer, new players will have to rely on people who already have wyverns to sell them eggs or adult wyverns

3 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

slower than a bronto while flying or walking? and are you sure these sources are reliable? because if this is true and its only for tamed and not wild, you can no longer get wyverns without atleast dying once ?

Flying, the source is, unreliable to an extent, but he had the new UI, so I'm inclined to believe it. The devs aren't known for nerfing creatures and letting them be competitive or viable afterwards (Spino/Argey/Saber), so a nerf like this fits their pattern. 

As far as whether it applies to wild Dinos, I don't think it does universally? The Ptera's on his stream were going normal speed (I think?), but I didn't exactly see anything specifically on Wild Wyverns, or wild flyers to say one way or the other. Can't imagine wild Wyverns and the egg stealing mechanic would get past the devs though. 

4 minutes ago, Mithrandir said:

From what I understood, flyers would be 5 times slower than they are now without possibility to increase MS.

I sincerely hope this is wrong..

Also, on SE, the only way to steal wyvern eggs would be with another wyvern now if we can't increase MS.

And even with another wyvern, it'll look more like a flying snail race when you steal an egg...

yeah i was thinking about the wyverns aswell, i looked up all flier speeds and nothing comes close to a wyverns base speed. (gamepedia sais its 3000 base speed and 2310 as sprinting which i find weird...) so egg stealing would be impossible then?

1 minute ago, BobRoss said:

yeah i was thinking about the wyverns aswell, i looked up all flier speeds and nothing comes close to a wyverns base speed. (gamepedia sais its 3000 base speed and 2310 as sprinting which i find weird...) so egg stealing would be impossible then?

Yes it would be impossible with anything but a wyvern if the nerf applies to wild wyverns too, or impossible even with wyverns if only tamed flyers are affected..

2 minutes ago, Mithrandir said:

Yes it would be impossible with anything but a wyvern if the nerf applies to wild wyverns too, or impossible even with wyverns if only tamed flyers are affected..

im sure WC wouldnt allow that, it would mean rendering a core mechanic (stealing wyvern eggs to hatch) useless and impossible to accomplish and therefore gate of an entire creature from new people.

1 minute ago, BobRoss said:

im sure WC wouldnt allow that, it would mean rendering a core mechanic (stealing wyvern eggs to hatch) useless and impossible to accomplish and therefore gate of an entire creature from new people.

Well, to give you an idea;

There was another "Big" nerf like this once. The Dino Stat compression. For about two to three weeks, you could outgather the best ankys tamed on any server, with a stone pickaxe and 100% melee. It took them a couple months to figure it out. During which, people were losing max level dinos (And this is when the max level was like, 60?90?) to dinos half their level in 1v1 fights. It was also era when Spinos/Argies were the Gigas/Pteras of their day.

The developers, when balancing, tend to make the game borderline unplayable for a while, so there is that. 

1 minute ago, iAmE said:

Well, to give you an idea;

There was another "Big" nerf like this once. The Dino Stat compression. For about two to three weeks, you could outgather the best ankys tamed on any server, with a stone pickaxe and 100% melee. It took them a couple months to figure it out. During which, people were losing max level dinos (And this is when the max level was like, 60?90?) to dinos half their level in 1v1 fights. It was also era when Spinos/Argies were the Gigas/Pteras of their day.

The developers, when balancing, tend to make the game borderline unplayable for a while, so there is that. 

i remember that, but in the end they fixed it right? you have to understand its not easy to balance out things like this and its better to overdo it a bit and then steadily buff them until they feel they are where they belong. I know other games where this was done. in Starcraft 2 for example they nerf things into the ground and then steadily buff them, same goes for league

and im sure WC has learned from previous mistakes and thinks things through more than before, and i hope they test these things private first and then implement it. :) 

for all we know the turtle in the video you saw had rockets up its bum since you mention wild pteras still having the same speed :)

• Jatheish unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived