Upcoming Patch v256 Discussion Thread

Jatheish

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we please get some clarification on the "flyer nerf" as well as the "cyclical volcano."  At least can we find out what flyer's will be affected.  Or whether or not we should continue to build on the volcano (in the event that this update will wipe our bases/ mining outposts and delete any dino's left in the base).  

It's not too much to ask and it's about customer service.  We spend hours in these games either taming, breeding or building and whenever these major changes occurs, a lot of the time it negatively effects or even negates our efforts.

I understand the need to balance and understand that the game is still in development with aspects being changed, but these vague announcements aren't enough to have your player base prepared for the changes.  

27 minutes ago, ohaimynameisjosh said:

Can we please get some clarification on the "flyer nerf" as well as the "cyclical volcano."  At least can we find out what flyer's will be affected.  Or whether or not we should continue to build on the volcano (in the event that this update will wipe our bases/ mining outposts and delete any dino's left in the base).  

It's not too much to ask and it's about customer service.  We spend hours in these games either taming, breeding or building and whenever these major changes occurs, a lot of the time it negatively effects or even negates our efforts.

I understand the need to balance and understand that the game is still in development with aspects being changed, but these vague announcements aren't enough to have your player base prepared for the changes.  

All we the players know so far is this: 

Guest BubbaCrawfish
33 minutes ago, nanoslaught said:

Don't listen to the whiners.

But listen to those who whined first about the need to nerf them..... RRIIIIGGGHHHHTTTT....

Where's the actual discussion on this nerf been held, on the forums here, or was it another avenue that this was voted on?

16 hours ago, Lumitesi said:

But that is just not true... I mean, maybe you're overreliant on flying mounts, but that is you and it's your problem.. Most of the people advocating a nerf say they just use Pteras for killing alphas.. It is really all up to you... If you don't like that you use flyers for everything, why not take the Giga out? I mean I have good Pteras and if there's an alpha relatively near to my base I grab my giga and pwn it in minutes. And do you really use Pteras for meat Farming? If so you're only slowing yourself down. 

Also whats wrong with using flying mounts to scout and farm? I mean, the Ptera was made for scouting, and the Quetz was made for hauling. So whats the surprise? And what is wrong in that? Not to mention that that the whole reason ground mounts aren't used isn't really because flyers are OP (aside from Ptera) , it's because ground haulers are poop. They are slow, they get stuck on raptoring everything. I live in the South, around 85/50. Can you imagine how unfeasable it would be for me to take a ground hauler train to the volcano? Or even to RedWood if I dont need as much metal. I never tried it (I have made trains before, when I lived right beside the North mountain) but I'm sure it would take at least 1h to get there. And PvE content would still be trivial because I'd just take my imprint 270 damage Giga (which isn't even near the top of what you can get) and anything short of a decent lvl wild giga would be just 2bites worth of annoyance. So there you have it, by nerfing flyers you didn't make me face PvE, you didn't change anything but turn a 1h Job into a 4h Job that doesn't even get as much resources. And I repeat, flyers are not the problem! The real problem is lack of decent ground alternatives! 

well by nerfing fliers you suddenly get decent ground alternatives ;) 

while you are correct in saying a ptera is made for scouting and a quetzal is made for hauling. i would be totally ok if that was the case, but right now they arent used for that exclusively. the fact that you can use a ptera to even kill ANY alpha is ridiculous, it shouldnt even be able to take on a carno. its a lvl 35 scouting bird but it takes on lvl 150 rexs no problem. as far as the quetzal, yes i can live with it being a hauler, but not a better hauler than its ground counterparts. choosing to use the quetzal as a hauler should be because you want to travel riskfree and this should come at a price. you should at max be able to transfer 1/10th of the ground haulers and equally slow, just less risks. on top of hauling it has a buttload of base damage which is ridiculous since it doesnt even attack you when you fight it, it has a sick knockback. ridiculous HP and gets the most % on MS. 

you are right, the giga would work on killing alphas, but the flier alternative is just way to strong atm. the only way people will be using rexes and gigas to kill alphas is when its literally impossible to do it any other way. 

Guest BubbaCrawfish
2 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

the only way people will be using rexes and gigas to kill alphas is when its literally impossible to do it any other way. 

I kill Alphas with a mix of Allos and rexes, so sorry, your statement is truly incorrect.

16 hours ago, Currahee said:

I understand that, and I would like to use my ground dinos further away from my base more often but it's such a pain to babysit if you have more than the one you're mounted on with you. A pathing fix might have accomplished the same thing? If the intention is to get more people on the ground then it seems they're breaking one mechanic to force players to use the already broken mechanic.  I agree with the premise just not the implementation (depending what the implementation is of course, lol)

$0.02

i agree, i just want there to be a balance between all the mounts and there to be multiple ways to do things that are (almost) equally viable. i dont care if they buff land mounts or nerf fliers. 

the way i see it, by choosing the flier option, you have 1/10th of the dinos to adjust isntead of the other 9/10th when they would choose to buff ground/sea mounts.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
10 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

when the alpha is on the other side of the island/center you take an entire pack of allos there to go kill it? kuddos to you then, you are one of the exeptions

I run a ship that I carry all my allos on, last count I had 12 on a raft with 4 rexes all nicely racked on passive so if anything hit them they wouldn't glitch and fall off.

You are talking of Alpha dinos right? If I run around an island for 20 minutes I usually get some spawning anyway if I put my dinos on attack my target and clear out most of the islands population.

5 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

I run a ship that I carry all my allos on, last count I had 12 on a raft with 4 rexes all nicely racked on passive so if anything hit them they wouldn't glitch and fall off.

You are talking of Alpha dinos right? If I run around an island for 20 minutes I usually get some spawning anyway if I put my dinos on attack my target and clear out most of the islands population.

then you are indeed the one of the few exceptions, almost everyone else (including me) just takes a high lvl quetzal or ptera and barrel rolls it to death. :) although i want to use my ground dinos for it, it would just be making things harder than they should be for myself.

1 hour ago, BobRoss said:

well by nerfing fliers you suddenly get decent ground alternatives ;) 

while you are correct in saying a ptera is made for scouting and a quetzal is made for hauling. i would be totally ok if that was the case, but right now they arent used for that exclusively. the fact that you can use a ptera to even kill ANY alpha is ridiculous, it shouldnt even be able to take on a carno. its a lvl 35 scouting bird but it takes on lvl 150 rexs no problem. as far as the quetzal, yes i can live with it being a hauler, but not a better hauler than its ground counterparts. choosing to use the quetzal as a hauler should be because you want to travel riskfree and this should come at a price. you should at max be able to transfer 1/10th of the ground haulers and equally slow, just less risks. on top of hauling it has a buttload of base damage which is ridiculous since it doesnt even attack you when you fight it, it has a sick knockback. ridiculous HP and gets the most % on MS. 

you are right, the giga would work on killing alphas, but the flier alternative is just way to strong atm. the only way people will be using rexes and gigas to kill alphas is when its literally impossible to do it any other way. 

You are so biased and short-sighted it's not even worth continuing to argue with you. Also, my money's on you ending up asking for a flyer Buff after this goes live. 

PS. Nerfing flyers does not make ground alternatives decent, it only makes flyers poop. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out. 

i wont, i just think the devs are right on this and i agree that they should do something about it. sure ill probably curse at myself when farming because it will go slower and less easy but i will also tell myself that this game was getting to easy and stale ever since you get your first ptera and it just becomes plain boring once you get the first quetz simply because its so powerful. 

the same thing happened when they were fixing the weight exploit on the quetz. suddenly you couldnt mine the entire map in one go anymore. maybe it never should have been possible, same with the fliers now, maybe they were never meant to be this powerful. if the developers want to make this game more diverse this is a step in the right direction.

41 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

i wont, i just think the devs are right on this and i agree that they should do something about it. sure ill probably curse at myself when farming because it will go slower and less easy but i will also tell myself that this game was getting to easy and stale ever since you get your first ptera and it just becomes plain boring once you get the first quetz simply because its so powerful. 

the same thing happened when they were fixing the weight exploit on the quetz. suddenly you couldnt mine the entire map in one go anymore. maybe it never should have been possible, same with the fliers now, maybe they were never meant to be this powerful. if the developers want to make this game more diverse this is a step in the right direction.

You're prolly curse yourself even more when you realize a good paracer has a carry weight of 5k, and 1/10th(as you say) of 5k is 500. Yeah quetzals would be so useful with a carry weight of 500.

16 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

less usefull then they are now, yes, better in terms of overall balance, also yes :) 

Apparently the nerfs currently on the beta branch are a, roughly, 80% universal base movement speed nerf and a 50-60% universal stamina nerf. Can't level Movement Speed on Flyers now either. (Also saw something about a nerf to Player based Movespeed points?)

I'm really hoping it's an April Fools' Joke. If not, as someone with five thousand hours in the game, the majority of which spent on Official PvP servers. I'm done. Never said it before. Sounds melodramatic. But if that patch isn't a joke by the devs or the streamer. I'm sincerely done. 

1 hour ago, Lumitesi said:

You are so biased and short-sighted it's not even worth continuing to argue with you. Also, my money's on you ending up asking for a flyer Buff after this goes live. 

PS. Nerfing flyers does not make ground alternatives decent, it only makes flyers poop. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out. 

I think that making flyers poop is a good thing. Flyers have been a huge crutch for the community since the beginning. They have made lazy people lazier, and people that were not lazy into lazy people.

they need to seriously need dragons as well. Lets remove the crutches and walk on our own two feet.

3 minutes ago, iAmE said:

Apparently the nerfs currently on the beta branch are a, roughly, 80% universal base movement speed nerf and a 50-60% universal stamina nerf. Can't level Movement Speed on Flyers now either. (Also saw something about a nerf to Player based Movespeed points?)

I'm really hoping it's an April Fools' Joke. If not, as someone with five thousand hours in the game, the majority of which spent on Official PvP servers. I'm done. Never said it before. Sounds melodramatic. But if that patch isn't a joke by the devs or the streamer. I'm sincerely done. 

Atleast you won't have to go through the official wipe that comes after release then.

• Jatheish unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived