Upcoming Patch v256 Discussion Thread

Jatheish

18 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

You wat m8? O.o

read 4 pages with no discussion but guessing what that or those point in patch notes meant and no feedback from somebody who knows what that means. If nobody going to explain it here - I think at least patch notes should be more explainable. That can be discussed as anybody can see the patch notes details level, feedback related to it and can do justice to it.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, ShawnWolf said:

Hey moron don't be a minge. I own ark on PS4 Pro XB1 and PC. I have a real gaming rig, i can play Ark just fine on my pc i just prefer playing with a controller on a console. Also you shouldn't be saying anyone needs to get a real gaming rig, when yours can't even hit a stable 30FPS on Medium settings. And btw, console players paid full price too. They deserve all content and if you don't agree with than you really are just a minge

Tone it down please.

Console players paid full price? How so?

6 minutes ago, ShawnWolf said:

Yeah i saw this earlier. argy is already slow af so how will this affect them?

Sorry, no idea, just wanted to respond on the topic of why they haven't detailed the flyer nerf in the patch notes or this thread yet.  Sounds like they're still trying out things to get it the way they and their testers want.

5 minutes ago, eshkel said:

thanks, but really I'm in doubt where is the real discussion thread is. here, twitter, FB, G+ or other 100500 sources :)

Lol, yep and in the gazillions of threads that people have created here on the forums and elsewhere when the flyer nerf was first brought up by @Jeremy Stieglitz.

im going to wait to discuss it more than I already did when they finally implement the nerfs, cause it's pretty much out of our hands until then.

They already attacked flyer food consumption. Seriously, why does my ptera go through 2000 food for a thirty second flight? I flew from ground to roof of house three times. Roof is one behemoth gate high. 7600 food. It was down to 4200. With multiple troughs to eat from between bullet checks/topoff. What gives?

With their latest screw up of dinos not eating from troughs when hungry, it is really easy for dinos to starve like this. If you jack food consumption through the roof, then dinos refuse to eat from a trough due to a patch screwup, it leads to angry people and starving to death babies. You guys did at least add that to the log. But then, you screwed up stasis by making babies count as injured dinos and eat nonstop. You give us a dollar, then kick us in the crotch. I'd rather not have the dollar.

3 minutes ago, Layton said:

They already attacked flyer food consumption. Seriously, why does my ptera go through 2000 food for a thirty second flight? I flew from ground to roof of house three times. Roof is one behemoth gate high. 7600 food. It was down to 4200. With multiple troughs to eat from between bullet checks/topoff. What gives?

With their latest screw up of dinos not eating from troughs when hungry, it is really easy for dinos to starve like this. If you jack food consumption through the roof, then dinos refuse to eat from a trough due to a patch screwup, it leads to angry people and starving to death babies. You guys did at least add that to the log. But then, you screwed up stasis by making babies count as injured dinos and eat nonstop. You give us a dollar, then kick us in the crotch. I'd rather not have the dollar.

You can tell the story like it is, or put 5 foot of nutella on it to make it sweeter. You just put 5 foot of nutella on yours to make it sweeter. 

15 minutes ago, Layton said:

What absurd private server are you on that forces your ptera to eat so much lol. That's not an issue in vanilla Ark at all.

I didn't see a single nice thing in what I just said. I was at least semi polite. I did not say anything about their family, their intelligence, or their utter failures at stopping cheating, duping, and glitching.

I merely pointed out that they made pteras into nonstop eating machines for no reason. And now they plan on attacking stamina. And whatever else. If you bred dinos at all, you would have already noticed the food consumption issue with babies.

So we will be looking at what, a 30 percent nerf to stam? That's usually their starting point for nerfs.

Did I just bite troll bait?

1 hour ago, ShawnWolf said:

What absurd private server are you on that forces your ptera to eat so much lol. That's not an issue in vanilla Ark at all.

Nope. It is an Official Server. Actually, two official servers I have seen it on. Maybe not your official server. There seems to be base differences in official servers. Not sure why it is.

Has it been made clear if all water breeding will be done via gestation/live birth, or if they will be adding eggs? Will this also effect amphibious tames that are currently not breedable (ie, frog)? Curious about how temperature ranges may be controlled under water, or if that's not something we'll need to worry about. Thanks!

I just want to say thanks to the Dev team :) I have been playing Ark for nearly 3k hours and cant get enough... I was here when ark came out and even had the best opportunity to assist the Ark devs back in the day as a beta tester and help them in so many ways, I wont forget testing  Survival of the fittest before it came out (ahhh the memories). ANYWAY through the course of this game I must say how things have changed and for the good! this is one game I do not regret buying at all. The communication you have had with the community has been better then any other game developers I have seen. I appreciate the time you guys put into making this game better. Honestly take the negative comments and use them as feedback to better the game or ignore.. but just know some of us have seen what this game was to what it is now and appreciate your passion and drive to make it what it is! 

PS Thank you for the equus!!!!! Do not extend the patch anymore I cant handle the hype anymore ;)

thARVKN3QA.jpg

not too happy about any nerf to flyers, especially when you are seemingly doing everything possible to make travelling round the island harder. Every new dino seems designed to remove you from your mount and service your butt whole before you can even move or react, thylo microraptor bary, add the nerf to pteras (which made me move to argies)  any game developers here actually play the game?? it seems like you want to take fun out of it, adding death in more and more ways. Still haven't fixed stupid things like servers resetting with people in the air, dropping to their death, parachutes which are useless if you fall more than 6 feet before opening, you know what would be nice, sorting out the spawn rates on console. Spend 20 minutes near a swap and there are thousands of leeches just waiting for you, the skies are full of useless ptera's and the ground gets sparce of any life. I have to regularly destroywilddinos just so i get some variety. Spawn rates for old dinos seem slack while new are everywhere, the problem with this is if you are still hunting high level rexes they are so hard to find because being mostly solitary animals the spawn frequency and density is too low to get a good one, while you are literally swimming through the air full of low level pteras. Why do you want to keep nerfing old things people love while countering them with new animals at the same time, one or the other please..............

Also why no steam sale in so long, been looking to change from xbox to pc but i aint paying full price twice for a  game i never really own (if it has no resale value then i can't possibly own it). Any chance of moving my licence from console to pc???

" Please add the ammunition slot for the new UI" would be nice if we had 2 inventories separate on dinos, so you have say saddlebag inventory where things stay and dino inventory for things they collect. would be pretty easy to implement

• Jatheish unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived