Upcoming Patch v256 Discussion Thread

Jatheish

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also wanna know what the hell is going to happen to the fliers, I just get good ones and they're gonna drop a secret nerf so we don't even know HOW to plan for it. What the hell Wildcard. explain this crap, don't just still "we're nerfing fliers" in thye patch notes. TELL WHAT THAT NERF IS. Learn from the last big damn nerf you put out and big of a backlash you got for it before an agreement was met with from the community

@Zederia, agreement between this many people is something of a pipe dream, unfortunately. Look at the twitter feed for the sneak peak for the new UI, for instace... Or the thread regarding the nerf, her on the forums, for that matter.

Not crtiticising you, mind... I too would welcome the full disclosure of what the nerf entails prior to the release of said nerf. But you will never get 100% agreement. Even if you go with the majority, the minority will still go up in torches and pitchforks...

2 minutes ago, XaralDoBruxo said:

@Zederia, agreement between this many people is something of a pipe dream, unfortunately. Look at the twitter feed for the sneak peak for the new UI, for instace... Or the thread regarding the nerf, her on the forums, for that matter.

Not crtiticising you, mind... I too would welcome the full disclosure of what the nerf entails prior to the release of said nerf. But you will never get 100% agreement. Even if you go with the majority, the minority will still go up in torches and pitchforks...

Look at the old nerf to dinos. they made them USELESS until EVERYONE backlashed on it. They will do the same here I am sure of it

Just now, Zederia said:

Look at the old nerf to dinos. they made them USELESS until EVERYONE backlashed on it. They will do the same here I am sure of it

What's that quote about insanity and results? Here's hoping they're not insane.

Like I said: I too want them to disclose what the nerf is about, so we can discuss it. I just don't believe full agreement will be attainable. There are people that:

• Are stubbornly resistant to change;
  • View the game only from their play style's point of view
  • Criticise just for kicks
  • Criticise just for the lulz;
  • All or some combination of the above;

With these kinds of people, agreement is a mirage...

Just now, XaralDoBruxo said:

I just don't believe full agreement will be attainable. There are people that:

• Are stubbornly resistant to change;
  • View the game only from their play style's point of view
  • Criticise just for kicks
  • Criticise just for the lulz;
  • All or some combination of the above;

With these kinds of people, agreement is a mirage...

Oh I agree 100%, But my point is: 15% points originally (I think it was, not looking back) on a timing multiplier. They later put it up to about 35% (by some calculations.) At 15% level 120s were taking on level 4 dinos and DIEING. We are talking about raised dinos not being able to take on a wild dino AT ALL. (like rex v rex, spino v spino, etc.) Seriously, it took them about 4 supplemental patches to get it to where the community was content with it. This has that issue written ALL over it. I get wanting things to balance, but we all need to know HOW this balance effects US right now. this isn't like a one-off issue. everything and everyone will be 100% effected by this immediately upon this next patch, and some of us can't take a risk that high, that quick. you  lose a level 120 dino when you spent 4 hours, with raw meat to tame it, you wouldn't be happy either.

1 hour ago, Zederia said:

I also wanna know what the hell is going to happen to the fliers, I just get good ones and they're gonna drop a secret nerf so we don't even know HOW to plan for it. What the hell Wildcard. explain this crap, don't just still "we're nerfing fliers" in thye patch notes. TELL WHAT THAT NERF IS. Learn from the last big damn nerf you put out and big of a backlash you got for it before an agreement was met with from the community

I Doubt Fliers Will Be Useless so calm down. 

3 hours ago, usrevenge said:

I Doubt Fliers Will Be Useless so calm down. 

The last time they did a nerf of this same type you could gather more metal with a stone pickaxe and 100% melee then an anky that had, previously, close to 2k% melee. In fact, most Dino's that they "Nerf" end up utterly useless. The same patch that did the above?

Yeah. Prior to that, Spinos were the best land creature, Argents the best Flyer, and the best small mount was a Sabertooth. Now Spinos are basically garbage, Argents are laughable and level 300 Sabers with 90 armor saddles take 80% of their life in damage clearing a cave. 

There is kind of reason to be worried about this nerf. Particularly when, in the same breath as everything else, you have Wildcard Employees saying they "Miss Bronto Resource Trains"

25 minutes ago, DomiDarko said:

Aaaand the patch has been delayed. New date is March 30... I told it to a friend that it will be delayed at least for 1-2 days. :D 

you know its just an estimate right? they can delay it 2 more weeks and it would still be OK. 

rather have them wait 2 days and fix things than implement broken things that cause more drama

1 hour ago, Dreads said:

Hmm... Was there an announcement that the flyer nerf is PvP exclusive? 

I just don´t see any point in nerfing them on PvE.

Fliers trivialise anything else both in PVE and PVP atm

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, iAmE said:

Im pretty sure that they posted it on Monday, but everyone alive actually saw 31st the moment a date was actually attached to the patch. 

I'm sure they did, because its called using commonsense and judging past actions to formulate what is to be expected. But I guess if people are proud that they guessed the expected then fair enough.

Just now, GamerPerfection said:

I'm sure they did, because its called using commonsense and judging past actions to formulate what is to be expected. But I guess if people are proud that they guessed the expected then fair enough.

I don't think it's about being Proud. Just poking fun that, despite playing since week two of Steam release, I don't think the developers have ever been on time with any update, patch or server restart. 

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, iAmE said:

I don't think it's about being Proud. Just poking fun that, despite playing since week two of Steam release, I don't think the developers have ever been on time with any update, patch or server restart. 

That's where you are wrong, they have certainly been on time with patches, not many, but there have been a number of cases when they have. But sure lets poke fun anyway I guess. *shrugs*

4 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

you know its just an estimate right? they can delay it 2 more weeks and it would still be OK. 

rather have them wait 2 days and fix things than implement broken things that cause more drama

lol, farming is the same in both PVE and PVP. PVE players are so lazy nowadays.

Farming is definitely not a problem. Even solo. 

Getting 9k ingots in 7 or 15 minutes doesn´t really make that much of a difference and is certainly in no way "lazy".

It is just a lot more comfortable to be able to do the solo farming job with another player in half the time.

3 minutes ago, Dreads said:

Farming is definitely not a problem. Even solo. 

Getting 9k ingots in 7 or 15 minutes doesn´t really make that much of a difference and is certainly in no way "lazy".

It is just a lot more comfortable to be able to do the solo farming job with another player in half the time.

maybe thats the whole problem, maybe you shouldnt be able to get 9k ingots in 15 minutes solo. :)

• Jatheish unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived