Upcoming Patch v256 Discussion Thread

Jatheish

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
Just now, ShawnWolf said:

Hyped for the new update but can we Sponsored Mods come to consoles in some shape or form in a future patch? Because if we're not getting all functionality as the patch notes say, i think that the price should be reduced from 55$

PC Official Servers don't have that functionality either, only Unofficial Servers do.

1 hour ago, ShawnWolf said:

Hyped for the new update but can Sponsored Mods come to consoles in some shape or form in a future patch? Because if we're not getting all functionality as the patch notes say, i think that the price should be reduced from 55$

There are already mods on console for Ark.
- Primitive Plus
- The Center map

So there is a chance some of these sponsored mods will have a future role on consoles.
Nothing specific! just my best guess.

29 minutes ago, ILuvTheAwesomeDevs said:

Does anybody have any idea what cyclical volcano mean? (In the little further out area) it's really confusing me...

Perhaps occasional eruptions/lava flows. Maybe after a new eruption event there's some rarer resources available to harvest as well. Either way, I am STOKED to finally see the volcano become active! Sad to see my smelting shack and meditation cabin go, but I've been prepared for it for over a year, lol. 

More concerned with where the tek cave will be!

5 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Well if they add volcanic eruptions they should probably warn everyone who built there beforehand...

I've been built in and on the volcano on an official server since the third month the game was released. The devs have said MULTIPLE times that their intentions were to make it active eventually. I consistently reminded people about it on pve 333 for good measure too. Still didn't stop a tribe from not believing me and building a massive metal box for dino storage on half the rim, looool. 

What happened to the promised features via Digest 46 for v255? Don't see them in there for 256 either.

Re: Removing Structure Collision

I’ll get it into v255, thanks for hanging in there!

&

Re: Unlimited Max Custom Paintable Sturcture

Sure, I’ll make that a server-configurable option in v255.

3 minutes ago, Wolf Angelus said:

What happened to the promised features via Digest 46 for v255? Don't see them in there for 256 either.

Re: Removing Structure Collision

I’ll get it into v255, thanks for hanging in there!

&

Re: Unlimited Max Custom Paintable Sturcture

Sure, I’ll make that a server-configurable option in v255.

They also promised tribe owned, personal pins enforced.... I have been asking non stop on twitter with 0 replies.

6 minutes ago, Wolf Angelus said:

Gotta go with what comes up as a priority, I suppose. TheRightHand told me he'd change herbivore island from something OTHER than the Unknown Regions in a digest months and months ago. My tropical paradise is still marked as, "I dont know, man. Could be anywhere." :P

• Jatheish unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived