I host a Center server that is adjusted to My groups tastes but I just wanted to ask around and see what kind of settings usually attracts people to play on PVP servers. This whole ball park is new to me when it comes to getting My server known so with its not so popular status due to low publicity I come here today to get the word out and ask you give it a shot. Host name is

The-Listener26

Server name is NightmareTCSt

Day time is short and night is a lot longer. Max Difficulty is active so the dinos will be at high levels. Metal building structures are disabled which gives the added excitement of things not being so hard to get into. PVP is enabled of course but I do help those who have been attacked IF they weren't given the time to set themselves up for a fight. Killing dinos renders more exp with harvesting right behind and crafting after that. General XP mult. is set to 1.5 as the Drains for the player have been decreased to an amount that is enjoyable which allows the player to not have to constantly have to eat and regain stamina.

I hope to see some interest and or structural comments in order to make it better.

Increased Stat boosts are essential for private server attraction, people don't just want to level quickly but they want to be able increase weight, health, melee and movement speed. These tend to be the most popular anyway, and not necessarily in that order. Another thing to consider is the pve gamma adjustments, if you are running a server where night is the theme then disabling the pve gamma option is the only way to make it so people can't make it bright enough to see like day light. Otherwise it negates the night theme altogether. Last is the dino Stat boosts, make sure to increase the boost for weight and stamina so that they are more functional not just as weapons but as utility creatures as well.

The Player stats I have set nicely for those who have and do play on the server. The Dino stats I have the Weight dominate over the others. 

Disabling the PVE Gamma doesn't seem to have any effect on anything as I am still able to change it.. Is this because I'm admin to the server?  If not then what do I need to do in order to have the PVE Gamma disabled?

Also does the Server being PVP contribute to this option?

It may be one of many settings that are still broken on console then. Much like the cuddle timer setting, if that's the case then maybe there is something else that can be about it, I'll have to do some research and get back to you, send me a friend request on psn SleezyMuppet and I'll let you know what I figure out by messing with my settings a bit.

Archived