Megapithecus/Other Bosses

JoeBob1024

So, first here's a little background on our boss fight endeavors.  We're on boosted dedicated server where tames have more health  Since the server was reset for tech tear we've successfully done broodmother on easy/medium (lost 12 rexes to hard the most recent time we tried hard X_X).  We're planning on trying brood hard again with 20 rexes because the last time we got her down to 25% health.  From what I undestand bosses are actually EASIER on dedicated servers because they can't make the difficulty as hard as official.  So here are my questions:

1. According to the wiki this boss is actually easier than the one on official...Does that mean brood doesn't benefit from the boosted health/dmg of other dinos?  Does she really hit for 1500 per acid ball on official?!

2.  Is megapithicus even effing possible?

As I said, we're on a boosted server, so we can get a rex that hatched around lvl 230 to a max of 100-150k health depending on mutations/stats.  When we did brood hard we lost a bunch of rexes, but it was over a 13 minute time period.  HOWEVER...when we fought the gorilla boss he literally ONE SHOT 3 rexes that all had over 90k health...Is this a bug?  Is this normal?  The only thing that we can guess is that he maybe knocked us off a ledge...but there was no animation and we didn't look close to the ledge on my  screen...  DILO?

5 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

They'll probably not only not adress fairness but they'll likely just patch the exploits and strategies people used to beat megapithecus and dragons as well to make sure no one can do em

I understand that WC doesn't fix stuff or care about fairness... What I'm really asking tho is does anyone know details about how bosses are effected by private server settings, and has anyone beaten gigantopith without ridiculous lvl 1million boosted rexes?

People have in fact killed them on official servers. I know a lot of people killed them before the BP nerf using extremely high asc assault rifles and such. However since the nerf I think doing hardmode is extremely difficult and I think when someone does do it they will not be farming it after. The risk/reward just isn't good enough.  What I am guessing is people take 10 people high end assault riffles and a ton of HP pumped turtles with high end saddle in. Send the turtles in to tank the mega one at a time, maybe have 1 or 2 rexes for ape cleanup duity and then everyone else pumping as much ammo into the mega as fast as they can. When a turtle dies or is about to die send in another.

Tek is too rare to be meta so only the elite of the elite are getting it, and outside of PvP cross server protection (aka the structures reduced explosive damage taken) it really does not offer enough to warrant using. The cost of losing it is way too high to be running around in a set of armor all the time. And with the various bugs and random crashes/dcs that can happen that can mess your day up its just far to risky for the extreme cost of this tier.

I am not sure 100% what WC is aming for with this tier. Right now its not really worth using. Being a PvE rat myself I would love the dino gates (auto open and close) and that's about it. The armor would be great but I don't want to have an ulcer worrying about if im going to lose it because of something stupid and out of my control. I know they want tek to be rare, but I think that tek is beyond rare at this point. Maybe the Tek cave will offer more options. I am concerned that the new underwater base/generator will not be worth using just because of the daily cost that will go into maintaining it. Now if the tek generator does not ever require fuel (element at least) then maybe it will be possible. But having it take a daily required element value  means you have to farm the bosses on a regular basis. And a lot can go wrong in that scenario. And to top it all off, lets just say you and your tribe is set up in a way that you are able to farm element to maintain the structure. Then this now becomes a daily/weekly  task you have to put on top of an already time soaking sponge of a game.

In order for this tier to be useful it has to be cheap enough to replace regularly, and the only way to do that is to reduce the difficulty or the cost of making the items. If something is not replaceable easily then people wont use it. Take Riot gear for example. On PvE servers almost no one uses riot gear even though its way better than flak.  Why?  Because its heavy and it costs more to replace. The reward is pretty much not being killed by anything except for a giga or titan. And to be honest riot gear isn't really that expensive until you hit high end asc bps. Yet for most people the cost to reward is just too extreme of a difference.

On 3/27/2017 at 8:29 PM, Wazzamaniac said:

Not to mention even when you are at boss farming stage there are issues with teleporting, so all your rexes coul go in without you, making you lose them all regardless of their strength

Reading this made certain parts of me shrink right up... I took this screenshot last night, and if they'd teleported without me I might have actually cried....

On 27.3.2017 at 4:31 PM, JoeBob1024 said:

So, first here's a little background on our boss fight endeavors.  We're on boosted dedicated server where tames have more health  Since the server was reset for tech tear we've successfully done broodmother on easy/medium (lost 12 rexes to hard the most recent time we tried hard X_X).  We're planning on trying brood hard again with 20 rexes because the last time we got her down to 25% health.  From what I undestand bosses are actually EASIER on dedicated servers because they can't make the difficulty as hard as official.  So here are my questions:

1. According to the wiki this boss is actually easier than the one on official...Does that mean brood doesn't benefit from the boosted health/dmg of other dinos?  Does she really hit for 1500 per acid ball on official?!

2.  Is megapithicus even effing possible?

As I said, we're on a boosted server, so we can get a rex that hatched around lvl 230 to a max of 100-150k health depending on mutations/stats.  When we did brood hard we lost a bunch of rexes, but it was over a 13 minute time period.  HOWEVER...when we fought the gorilla boss he literally ONE SHOT 3 rexes that all had over 90k health...Is this a bug?  Is this normal?  The only thing that we can guess is that he maybe knocked us off a ledge...but there was no animation and we didn't look close to the ledge on my  screen...  DILO?

If you are more than 2 people you can bug the Broodmother by pushing into her from behind with a Rex. She can´t attack while you are pushing inside her.

But since this "Bug" exists since the Broodmother was released i am not sure if that is actually a bug or the tactic meant for killing her.

53 minutes ago, Dreads said:

If you are more than 2 people you can bug the Broodmother by pushing into her from behind with a Rex. She can´t attack while you are pushing inside her.

But since this "Bug" exists since the Broodmother was released i am not sure if that is actually a bug or the tactic meant for killing her.

Bug. She is obviously meant to fight back

So, my tribe has done brood on easy/me/hard, Megapithecus on easy/med/hard(before update, and have yet to do dragon. All in all, Brood is ez for the first two difficulties, you just gotta bring like 10 high level rexes. Brood HARD mode though... that was a rough day. Sure, we won, but we lost like 3 level 325+ rexes with 54k hp. The Broods spiek attack thing could practically 1-hit some of our tames. Its no joke. The megapithecus was done by us getting lucky and having him get stuck in his pathing. That said, we still expended close to 7k bullets each run(ouch) and would get away with our puny element.

To your question: Can it be done? Well, sure, but you have to breed perfectly, prepare a lot, and have genuine communication in your tribe. Think of WOW or GW2 or something doing an end-game Raid. Its hard man... lol

42 minutes ago, Xerxes013 said:

So, my tribe has done brood on easy/me/hard, Megapithecus on easy/med/hard(before update, and have yet to do dragon. All in all, Brood is ez for the first two difficulties, you just gotta bring like 10 high level rexes. Brood HARD mode though... that was a rough day. Sure, we won, but we lost like 3 level 325+ rexes with 54k hp. The Broods spiek attack thing could practically 1-hit some of our tames. Its no joke. The megapithecus was done by us getting lucky and having him get stuck in his pathing. That said, we still expended close to 7k bullets each run(ouch) and would get away with our puny element.

To your question: Can it be done? Well, sure, but you have to breed perfectly, prepare a lot, and have genuine communication in your tribe. Think of WOW or GW2 or something doing an end-game Raid. Its hard man... lol

I know it's supposed to be hard....but Illidan never 1 shotted an entire team of maxed out characters within 2 seconds of the fight starting.... As far as my experiences go atleast...

9 minutes ago, JoeBob1024 said:

I know it's supposed to be hard....but Illidan never 1 shotted an entire team of maxed out characters within 2 seconds of the fight starting.... As far as my experiences go atleast...

Lol. I know.. Its in a bad spot because, currently, ARK is hard to balance. Either they nerf bosses or buff dinos, but either way, it favors the already powerful.

6 hours ago, Dam Son said:

WC is too busy nerfing flyers at the moment. don't think they will care about boss fights.

I'm sure this is a dumb question but.... Flyer nerf?! O.o How TF did I miss this?

3 minutes ago, Xerxes013 said:

Lol. I know.. Its in a bad spot because, currently, ARK is hard to balance. Either they nerf bosses or buff dinos, but either way, it favors the already powerful.

I think nerfing the bosses a liiiitle would benefit other mid-power tribes as much as it does high-power tribes.  If they're worried about farming element, they could just put a timer on hard like WoW...

Mega has the terrain working against you too. One wrong whistle and all your high level rex's walk off the wrong side never to be seen again.

As for difficulty, Hard Mega will one shot you off your mount. Also he spawned in at level 100 in our arena. Thats a boat load of health and damage. We went in with 14 rexes and 6 spinos at 30k health and like 340% damage (first gen breeds), the 6 spinos got massacred, only 4 rex's made it to the boss and managed to put up a hell of a fight, that i didnt get to see because i got one shot off my rex.

Unless you absolutely need element and TEK NOW, breed bigger and better rex's, spend a ton of time leveling them. Then lose them all to a stupid bug and still lose.

On player dedicated we just take 20 rexes with 25 to 30k health and 500 to 600 melee. Stand back and wait for the ape to come over and whistle aggressive. They usually destroy it in 5 minutes.

On official though...tried it and it left 5 rexes and 2 players standing at the ob then the rexes had it pinned against the wall just to have it lag while we all watched it just ghost right through them all as if they werent there. 

So we now have a new strategy for offical we're going to try out this weekend or next that will only involve 2 or 3 rex and a few turtles.

12 hours ago, JoeBob1024 said:

Lol. Actually, during one of the world first attempts of Illidan, he did kill the main tank within about 5 seconds after saying "YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!", which caused a wipe. Was pretty hilarious.

Archived