Where is the Ark Digest Q&A

myksta0121

Have asked jat/jen/jeremy/arksurvival on twitter but they dont reply, just want a straight forward answer as why the ark digest has not been posted yet and was not posted with the community crunch. Its been well over a month since the last digest, theres some great questions in there this month and i want answers god damn it. ?

Think we can fill in what we think, not much of a clear answer. This is what i think i could be.

- Facebook

- twitter

- internet

Think the correct answer should have been something like: They are very busy with fixing the game, marketing etc.. we hope maybe next week / month (fill in any date) or soon but i cannot give a date because of the time the have to spend for adding content, fixing bugs and marketing.

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, Avaraxius said:

Think the correct answer should have been something like: They are very busy with fixing the game, marketing etc.. we hope maybe next week / month (fill in any date) or soon but i cannot give a date because of the time the have to spend for adding content, fixing bugs and marketing.

This is commonsense though. Do people really need something in writing?

Just now, Lewiatan said:

Not really, but when community manager says he would post Digest soon and in next crunch there is none, I'd like to know why, especially when a month passed since the last digest.

arent the crunch and digest 2 different people? 

they dont give eta on these things, we will get it when its done. id rather have them do important stuff than answer some questions

5 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

Yes Crunch and Digest I believe are done by different people. Digest questions is answered by one person. I'm sure they are doing their best to get around to it, but personally I'd prefer them to be focusing on content and fixes as they currently are.

It saddens me that some people think the devs are actually "Focusing on content and fixes".

As a PvP player, I can't help but think that they haven't added a single piece of relevant content since the Replicator. 

Digest and Crunch are done by Jat & Jen. The last digest is nearly 2 months old - february 4th. I think the digest is more interesting, because some of the crunch-contend can be found on youtube and the forums. By reading our questions in the digest, the devs may get some information about things that are horribly bugged... :D 

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, DomiDarko said:

Digest and Crunch are done by Jat & Jen. The last digest is nearly 2 months old - february 4th. I think the digest is more interesting, because some of the crunch-contend can be found on youtube and the forums. By reading our questions in the digest, the devs may get some information about things that are horribly bugged... :D 

Digest is not done by them, it is only included in the Crunch by them. Answers are provided by Jeremy.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, iAmE said:

It saddens me that some people think the devs are actually "Focusing on content and fixes".

As a PvP player, I can't help but think that they haven't added a single piece of relevant content since the Replicator. 

I was talking about content. Whether you regard something as relevant content is your problem, but they are focusing on content nonetheless.

16 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

I was talking about content. Whether you regard something as relevant content is your problem, but they are focusing on content nonetheless.

Oh, I'm sure. Then again, what I regard as relevant content isn't my problem. It's the game's problem.

Please do attempt to justify the existence of things like the Eel or Trilobyte. Realistically neither of those dinos have any form or function that is beneficial to the game. Content added does not equate to a good use of development time when entire base game modes, both PvE and PvP, have such problems that, realistically, both of them are unplayable, and any data generated off of them, is unusable due to systemic bugs in the system. I haven't seen a bug fix for anything major in, about four months, and while they did fix the Duping bug that went rampant after someone live streamed them using it to wipe a server, that's not even a bug fix.

Meanwhile systematic bugs regarding the server transfer mechanism still prevail and dominate PvP and PvE scenes alike. The server table has four different version numbers leading to about 20% of the servers in the query being download disabled, but upload enabled (So you can transfer there, just not get out. Which is a pretty big deal when support ticket turn around times hover around 1-3 months). PvE bosses are still basically impossible to do without relying on exploits. The majority of the game's ecosystem is literally useless, dinos that are useful are severe powercreeps on previous ones (Seriously, Beaver was a huge upgrade from Mammoth, Thorny Dragon was a huge upgrade from Beaver, and Therizino's? Yeah, 2k Wood per tree? NP. 1200 Mutton per sheep? Balanced). The anti-speedhack tool basically ruins PvP because it doesn't calculate upgraded speed stats right if you're anywhere near a building. The water dinos are essentially useless unless it's a Basil, because you know, Eels, makes sense. PvP servers are under the rule of a hysterically hyper-aggressive meta that has essentially forced ecocide on the entire network, creating a situation where PvP is impossible because one group controls around a hundred servers by themselves. That previous issue is because you can't defend a base at all against anything resembling an attack because turrets don't even work half the time during attacks. Giga's and Titans cease to work if turrets shoot at them, or if the lag gets above 100 ping. 

I mean, yeah, sure. More content. Fine. too bad it's literally all irrelevant because the game rules almost demand it. But yeah. Who cares about the implicit goals in the game (You know, like actually PvPing, or clearing PvE boss content). They're working on content. They only wanted to release the game six months ago. It's not like they expect to have the game finished anytime soon and there's any danger at all in shipping a product plagued with gamebreaking bugs or anything. 

1 hour ago, iAmE said:

not everything is meant for endgame pvp.

1 hour ago, DomiDarko said:

isnt the digest answered by jeremy or drake?

1 hour ago, iAmE said:

Oh, I'm sure. Then again, what I regard as relevant content isn't my problem. It's the game's problem.

Please do attempt to justify the existence of things like the Eel or Trilobyte. Realistically neither of those dinos have any form or function that is beneficial to the game. Content added does not equate to a good use of development time when entire base game modes, both PvE and PvP, have such problems that, realistically, both of them are unplayable, and any data generated off of them, is unusable due to systemic bugs in the system. I haven't seen a bug fix for anything major in, about four months, and while they did fix the Duping bug that went rampant after someone live streamed them using it to wipe a server, that's not even a bug fix.

Meanwhile systematic bugs regarding the server transfer mechanism still prevail and dominate PvP and PvE scenes alike. The server table has four different version numbers leading to about 20% of the servers in the query being download disabled, but upload enabled (So you can transfer there, just not get out. Which is a pretty big deal when support ticket turn around times hover around 1-3 months). PvE bosses are still basically impossible to do without relying on exploits. The majority of the game's ecosystem is literally useless, dinos that are useful are severe powercreeps on previous ones (Seriously, Beaver was a huge upgrade from Mammoth, Thorny Dragon was a huge upgrade from Beaver, and Therizino's? Yeah, 2k Wood per tree? NP. 1200 Mutton per sheep? Balanced). The anti-speedhack tool basically ruins PvP because it doesn't calculate upgraded speed stats right if you're anywhere near a building. The water dinos are essentially useless unless it's a Basil, because you know, Eels, makes sense. PvP servers are under the rule of a hysterically hyper-aggressive meta that has essentially forced ecocide on the entire network, creating a situation where PvP is impossible because one group controls around a hundred servers by themselves. That previous issue is because you can't defend a base at all against anything resembling an attack because turrets don't even work half the time during attacks. Giga's and Titans cease to work if turrets shoot at them, or if the lag gets above 100 ping. 

I mean, yeah, sure. More content. Fine. too bad it's literally all irrelevant because the game rules almost demand it. But yeah. Who cares about the implicit goals in the game (You know, like actually PvPing, or clearing PvE boss content). They're working on content. They only wanted to release the game six months ago. It's not like they expect to have the game finished anytime soon and there's any danger at all in shipping a product plagued with gamebreaking bugs or anything. 

content is being added. wether you like it or not is up to you. some stuff like trilobites are there for an ecological aspect and merely for a better atmosphere, i wish they added more creatures like it. not everything should be big and bad and the newest best thing in the book for pvp

their focus now is primarely adding content and fixing bugs that make this game unplayable and they are doing fine, because when i get home from work i can play more than 99.9 % of the time. 

later on on beta will be the big bugsquashes and balancing being done. you cannot balance a game when only 70% of the content is added. you would only create more unnecessary work for your team. 

They won't fix bugs unless they add all content... But is there any list of features they want to have in game? I don't think so. During GDC 17 speach they showed very generic list of key features they want in game. There is no roadmap of content. If they want to add something they check if it fits in. They can add more content constantly, because there is nothing that would show them that's enough for 1.0 version of the game. What we see for over half a year is a "Feature Creep". They ought to hold their horses and finally decide the final list of features that need to be added and stick to it. We can't stay in EA forever, because sooner or later players will get bored of it despite of shiny content updates. We will become tired off lackluster gameplay mechanics, because everyone has his tolerance limits. 

2 hours ago, BobRoss said:

their focus now is primarely adding content and fixing bugs that make this game unplayable and they are doing fine, because when i get home from work i can play more than 99.9 % of the time. 

later on on beta will be the big bugsquashes and balancing being done. you cannot balance a game when only 70% of the content is added. you would only create more unnecessary work for your team. 

This is true to an extent but really how hard and time consuming is it to fix glaring issues like imprinting being incredibly unhealthy and eels being undeniably way too strong atm? I mean, I agree that a TLC pass right now would make no sense because a month after new dinos come and break the balance again, but not fixing things like I said above is just laziness or not having your priorities straight. There are alot of issues with the game (some like iAmE said) that could mostly be fixed relatively quickly and would provide huge QoL changes that the game so desperately needs. Wildcard has hit jackpot with this game, its genuinely one of the Best I have ever played, but if they continue treating the game and the playerbase like they have lately, the game will die. People will reach their limits, stop playing and by then it will be too late to fix.

Just now, Lumitesi said:

This is true to an extent but really how hard and time consuming is it to fix glaring issues like imprinting being incredibly unhealthy and eels being undeniably way too strong atm? I mean, I agree that a TLC pass right now would make no sense because a month after new dinos come and break the balance again, but not fixing things like I said above is just laziness or not having your priorities straight. There are alot of issues with the game (some like iAmE said) that could mostly be fixed relatively quickly and would provide huge QoL changes that the game so desperately needs. Wildcard has hit jackpot with this game, its genuinely one of the Best I have ever played, but if they continue treating the game and the playerbase like they have lately, the game will die. People will reach their limits, stop playing and by then it will be too late to fix.

because they probably dont want to rush a fix like they did in the past with building timers on pve.they want to thoroughly think everything through to avoid disasters. to us it might look like an easy fix but there might be alot more too it than we think. 

what solutions do you have for the problems you just adressed?

5 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

because they probably dont want to rush a fix like they did in the past with building timers on pve.they want to thoroughly think everything through to avoid disasters. to us it might look like an easy fix but there might be alot more too it than we think. 

what solutions do you have for the problems you just adressed?

Yeah I understand they fully but it's not like they break the game if they add stunlock immunity for 3s after being shocked by an eel is it? Would still make eels terrifying but at least a Mosa would have a chance if one clips into its body.

Regarding imprinting I'd multiply single imprint values by 7/6 (I think that's the correct number) so that you could miss one imprint per Day (the one that you always miss if you sleep 8h like a normal healthy human being) but still had to be commited and on to get a 100% imprint. For example sabers now get like 8.x %per imprint, they'd get 9.x per imprint.

There, hire me now Wildcard.

11 hours ago, BobRoss said:

not everything is meant for endgame pvp.

Nothing is meant for any stage of PvP at all from the looks of it. Hate to break it to you, but nothing has changed the PvP meta since they fixed Auto Turrets. Back then, what was the meta? Dino vs Turret. Now what's the meta? Excluding exploits like Cluster Bombing and C4 Wyverns, Dino vs Turret. Meanwhile, the meta has basically run out of control due to the implicit imbalances found in the exponential resource denial growth rate vs the linear resource gather rate, exacerbating the ecocidal tendencies inherent in any survival sim, with Transfers taking the Ecocide concept to an extreme, allowing for one group to control the majority, if not all the official PvP servers on PC. 

content is being added. wether you like it or not is up to you.

Content being relevant is not up to me. It's up to the game itself. Trilobytes are not relevant to the game. Never will be. Realistically, the vast majority of the dinos in the game are not relevant to the game. Whether someone likes it, or not, is somewhat besides the point when it's almost impossible to do anything with any direction in the game due to bugs in the system that have never been addressed. 

some stuff like trilobites are there for an ecological aspect and merely for a better atmosphere, i wish they added more creatures like it. not everything should be big and bad and the newest best thing in the book for pvp

No, but is it too much to ask that, instead of adding nice fluffy cosmetics for when the game is inevitably not riddled with gamebreaking bugs and imbalances, that they address some of these things that literally throw the balance so far out of wack that it's almost impossible to get a good experience out of it?

Don't get me wrong. I don't just play PvP. If the game showed any progress in any feasible direction, I wouldn't be nearly as annoyed as I am now, but they haven't shown any reasonable direction in quite a while now, and it's getting really bad. 

So you don't consider the fact that the PvE bosses are essentially unbeatable without relying on exploits to be a problem? Or the fact that PvP is nearly impossible for a slew of ancient, yet unresolved, bugs?

Because those two points are pretty much gamebreaking problems that are prominent in both of the major game play archetypes. 

Beta?

You think this game is going to have a beta?

Wildcard abandoned the actual concept of game design cycles of Alpha and Beta a long time ago. They have released three or four release dates, that have come, and gone. They have shown absolutely no interest, or plans, to enter a "Beta" phase of the game, and if you send a ticket to the customer support, they still consider themselves to be in a Pre-alpha stage of the game, and cite it as the reason they cannot refund Dinos or Items lost to bugs. 

Realistically, no, you cannot "Balance" a game with 70% of the content, let's be realistic. The game is closer to having in the 90+% of the game added, and there are game breaking bugs and issues that make the entirety of the additional content, whether relevant or not, useless. 

While fine tweaking and balancing is indeed, something that can wait, it is indeed, a game breaking problem, when your testers aren't able to test because of systematic bugs that render all relevant data obsolete. There is no data that they can gather right now, and the testers they have in early access (IE All of us) aren't able to produce relevant or reliable data. There is absolutely no reason why all but half a dozen dinos in the game should be literally, and completely, useless outside of aesthetics. 

• GP locked this topic

Archived