Returning after a long break

Drattz

I started following ark on steam and started playing day one on the Xbox. I played for a long time on server 248. So recently I decided to come back I load up 248. Some of the same people are there but all the good building sites are taken or blocked by pillars. I found a little corner of the world and I'm building away. It kinda of lonely doing it solo but I reconnected with some old friends and we chat on Xbox while we play. My problem there is never more than 20, more like 10 people all the time. Is this typical of all pve servers now? These pillars are killing me. Just wondering if I should pack up and make the move to scorched. Are the schorched servers just as bad?

All PvE servers have pillars everywhere as a way of people "claiming" their land. Some people go overboard or troll with pillars. Can't say exactly how bad it is on SE, but I can assume as long as it's PvE, there will be pillars everywhere. My best solution is to find a well managed PvE server or play on a dedicated non official server.

• Volunteer Moderator
14 hours ago, Drattz said:

I started following ark on steam and started playing day one on the Xbox. I played for a long time on server 248. So recently I decided to come back I load up 248. Some of the same people are there but all the good building sites are taken or blocked by pillars. I found a little corner of the world and I'm building away. It kinda of lonely doing it solo but I reconnected with some old friends and we chat on Xbox while we play. My problem there is never more than 20, more like 10 people all the time. Is this typical of all pve servers now? These pillars are killing me. Just wondering if I should pack up and make the move to scorched. Are the schorched servers just as bad?

Sorry to say no point in returning until the devs decide if they are wiping servers or adding new ones on release. Either way I'd wait until they make a announcement. Everyone I know on my pvp server has cut hours down and are just maintaining bases. If they get raided they are just keeping structures from decaying. No point in playing just to have work gone in a couple months. Just our thoughts on it. 

11 hours ago, Captnmorgan said:

Sorry to say no point in returning until the devs decide if they are wiping servers or adding new ones on release. Either way I'd wait until they make a announcement. Everyone I know on my pvp server has cut hours down and are just maintaining bases. If they get raided they are just keeping structures from decaying. No point in playing just to have work gone in a couple months. Just our thoughts on it. 

a couple of months is a bit or a stretch, we wont find anything out about the wipe for a at least 8-12 months.

• Volunteer Moderator
35 minutes ago, spacejam said:

a couple of months is a bit or a stretch, we wont find anything out about the wipe for a at least 8-12 months.

We will see. I highly doubt another 8 months but I could care less if it takes that long. Either way not investing much into the game until we get solid answers on a wipe or not.

Just now, Captnmorgan said:

We will see. I highly doubt another 8 months but I could care less if it takes that long. Either way not investing much into the game until we get solid answers on a wipe or not.

the way I see it  there is 3 months more of content to be released,  then at least 6 months min of then getting to all the bug's etc.   not playing at all because your afraid of loosing content to me sounds crazy, id play other games like you said but atm I just don't get the same enjoyment out of other games and haven't for the last year or so.

Dedicated servers are the way to go. I suppose a lot of people felt the same way, because last i checked there were like 350+ available servers (non password) 

The official servers are bullpoop, and will continue to be bullpoop until they wipe them.

On PVE it's pillars everywhere and at peak hours it lags like hell and no dinos spawn. On official PVP you will just get wiped by alphas

It really depends on the server. I play on pve too and the entire map is also pillared but you can actually ask the people if they can remove a few and they would, at least in my server that's how it is. It's more to prevent the noobs who only play for 5 seconds then quit and clutter the map with their noob bases.

Archived