April soon. Release still as promised?

lota7

I'm on XBOX, but I'm gonna take a stab here and say not in April. For one, last I checked, there is still new content on the PC patch notes listed for future patches. Second, unless this already happened with you and I never caught wind of it, they still need to go through a bug fix and game optimization phase before they release.

So unless they manage all of that somehow in the next couple of weeks, probably not.

It will be delayed I'm sure. I heard the next "Release Date" is for Summer 2017, but there was no official announcement about it. With the ratio they push content updates and a pile of bugs they have to fix yet (Good they started working on disappearing dinosaurs finally), it is highly unlikely they would have released this game within 2 months to say the least. 

According to GDC 17 Vault recorded from their speach about their Early Access, you can find out they have no roadmap at all. There is only very basic and general list of what they want in game, very generic list. So they can keep adding new shiny stuff (they keep doing this) and delay the premiere further, because there is no point in development that will tell them: "This is amount of content for 1.0 game. Let's focus on bug fixing and optimising". Annnnd after some time you have Forever Alpha Game.

We are far from the release IMO, still lots of thing on their roadmap... I hope they keep the game as EA for an extended period, instead of creating a new DLC for the additional - not yet implemented - things. 

And as I used to say: what you expect to change in the game, when they label it as RELEASED? They could do it even today, as there is no requirement what needs to be fulfilled for that...

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, szabiferi said:

We are far from the release IMO, still lots of thing on their roadmap... I hope they keep the game as EA for an extended period, instead of creating a new DLC for the additional - not yet implemented - things. 

And as I used to say: what you expect to change in the game, when they label it as RELEASED? They could do it even today, as there is no requirement what needs to be fulfilled for that...

There are numerous reason why people want the official release and with an EA title one of the expected changes at release is the focus on optimization and other bug fixes which are not necessarily at this stage of development. Although there are little optimizations being done along the way, the major work on that would be done later.

Also, there are, I believe, a lot of people that are not playing ARK in EA until it is officially released, and therefore creates a big desire to get to the release date.

So yes, there are things that would be expected to change at official release.

5 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

There are numerous reason why people want the official release and with an EA title one of the expected changes at release is the focus on optimization and other bug fixes which are not necessarily at this stage of development. Although there are little optimizations being done along the way, the major work on that would be done later.

Also, there are, I believe, a lot of people that are not playing ARK in EA until it is officially released, and therefore creates a big desire to get to the release date.

So yes, there are things that would be expected to change at official release.

To be honest with all the new dinos their adding like therizino and troodon starting as a noob after release will be dumb luck. I really hope they at least don't wipe the pve servers, the amount of work people have put in is insane. I do however also hope that its released soon for one reason, all the dinos and most of the content will be in(most likely add DLC official maps in the future which would be awesome).

Going by the rate of patches versus content still to be introduced and then FINALLY optimisation I would say realistically we are looking at around a Sept / Oct release date.

However, release date doesn't matter imho most of people who are gonna buy it have bought game already. There won't be a massive influx of new players at launch

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, MijuIRL said:

However, release date doesn't matter imho most of people who are gonna buy it have bought game already. There won't be a massive influx of new players at launch

There is likely a lot of people that have taken advantage of the lower EA price and bought it already but not necessarily playing it until official release. So yes, there could easily be a large influx of new players at official release.

8 minutes ago, MijuIRL said:

Going by the rate of patches versus content still to be introduced and then FINALLY optimisation I would say realistically we are looking at around a Sept / Oct release date.

I agree that the current release date is somewhere between September and December and usually the games do get released early September (coincide with the ''back to school'') or in mid-December (coincide with the holidays). 

But, in my opinion, it is just a release date for now, it will be pushed back.

12 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

There is likely a lot of people that have taken advantage of the lower EA price and bought it already but not necessarily playing it until official release. So yes, there could easily be a large influx of new players at official release.

These people that have bought it would be mainly people who have been wiped and won't return until the hoped for server wipe.

These same people more than likely will disappear as quick as they did first time around so I very much disagree that there will be influx of new players. Add to that other games experience of going from early access to full release and you will find there is no massive increase in sales just the constant stream of usual monthly sales.

Eh, Warframe has been around for years and is still technically in "beta" phase is it not? And they have tons of players, stuff for sale, etc.

Let them release it as official when its ready. Rushing it out only adds to problems. As for a large influx of players at release: I dunno.. the game has been out 2 years and does well on the Steam charts. People who want to play it in all likelihood have played it already. I cant imagine there are that many "waiting" for the official release. But who knows..

Many people, who hasn't bought it yet and want to buy it, would buy this game just before it leaves EA. Very poor to not-exsisting optimisation discouraged them a lot to buy it now. I don't expect huge influx of players after the premiere, maybe just before it's released.

As for release date I think the closest realistic release date can be Summer 2017, but knowing Wildcard it will be October. Maybe.

Archived