Which is better for Wyvern egg farming?

kody

The superior maneuverability of the Tapejara would be really nice, but I've found the Argent to be really good for egg stealing, and for milker kiting. Raise the speed to around 200%, if you're stealing then sprint fly away until they stop chasing, if kiting, find a good rhythm that keeps out just outside of the range where they will hit you with the breath weapon... but just inside where the AI thinks it can hit you with it. They will chase you all over the map if you stay in that sweet spot. With a fire, this puts you slightly inside the fire animation, but outside of the effective range. With a poison, the majority of their shots will shoot off to the side instead of at you. With a lightning... I don't know if they even have a sweet spot. Never tried kiting one, don't plan on it unless I have to.

I use the Argent because they turn really well, and have high natural stamina.

See i enjoy the argies because they can take more of a beating. Pteras speed and barrel rolling are nice for it except for the fact that their landing is a bit ehhh. Tapes i enjoy all around so i havent been able to decide which i want to dedicate time too... Im also only posting this so i can get into the trader forums but i dont know if this is the way to do it or not. I do enjoy seeing what people say and debating though so hey.

15 hours ago, kody said:

See i enjoy the argies because they can take more of a beating. Pteras speed and barrel rolling are nice for it except for the fact that their landing is a bit ehhh. Tapes i enjoy all around so i havent been able to decide which i want to dedicate time too... Im also only posting this so i can get into the trader forums but i dont know if this is the way to do it or not. I do enjoy seeing what people say and debating though so hey.

I love your honesty. 

To the OP:

Having stolen several hundred eggs, raised about thirty wyverns, and murdered my way to lvl 105 astride my most prized lightning I must say that using a ptera is my personal favorite for egging. Grab and fly east over the mountains. 

For pulling a wyvern for milk use a argent, you're much more likely to get hit doing this and you want both you and your bird to live. 

Be prepared to lose a few birds until you get a handle on it. Pteras are easier to tame and get started using as they don't need tons of levels to actually become faster than a wyvern, but the also have to be imported from another ark. 

I built a metal pen close to the scar, with 6 auto turrets. I go in there with my tankiest ptera, steal any egg I see then fly over the pen so all wyverns die to it. Then you can go back and get all the eggs with ease.

Another less expensive way is, grab a naked tribemate with your  argent and drop him in there to grab an egg. After, get him to put the egg inside your bird and fly away. The wyverns will only aggro him so you can escape with ease and since he is naked you don't loose anything :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/6/2017 at 7:54 AM, iiNNeX said:

I built a metal pen close to the scar, with 6 auto turrets. I go in there with my tankiest ptera, steal any egg I see then fly over the pen so all wyverns die to it. Then you can go back and get all the eggs with ease.

Another less expensive way is, grab a naked tribemate with your  argent and drop him in there to grab an egg. After, get him to put the egg inside your bird and fly away. The wyverns will only aggro him so you can escape with ease and since he is naked you don't loose anything :)

The grabbing naked teammate and having him put the egg in and just die there is my favorite strategy we put a bed on a foundation and have him put a few sleeping bags down all near where we are for a quicker go at the eggs but this is my favorite and in my opinion the easiest way to get eggs.  Oh and I and also go with a ptera  with 275 speed just in case a stray aggros to me

I have heard of this naked decoy technique, I think my tribe is going to attempt this soon.  We just absorbed 5 Wyverns from a player that is no longer so we are looking to find a strat that works to start trading the eggs probably.  Wish us luck, we are going to need it.  I am thinking im going to end up the naked pig running with my tail between my legs.  The joys of being the low man on the totem lol.

Archived