Stuck with how to go about building this base? Help Please?

Zergling963

So hey everyone I could use a little help here please? I have choosen a base location of which I will show pictures and am currently living off the basics on my boat (singleplayer) I want to build a base with water pens/stalls for my dinos as well as build the base going up the cliffs but I am not quite sure how as of yet? As I also don't know if the two waterfalls in this area will kill you?

I am also unsure what to do to do with fencing the area off or not?? As there is a heap of mantas that spawn a short way out and over towards the other side is a really deep area that tunnels out to the other side and hence I am wondering if those areas should also be fenced off or not?? Same for the areas around the redwoods even though I plan on storing my dinos up the cliffside in the base as I go as I want to build it up so I can easily take my anky out for the little bit of metal/crystals that are above this area! its also closeish to skull rock so I can go there for large stockpiles of metal etc too.

Any help would be much appreciated please and I will include pictures below! And if you are wondering why there is no trike etc its just cause I was aiming for high level dinos only and just survived at first without dinos! Lowest I have caught is a 110 at start of taming and is the whale you see in this pictures! Still trying to work out how to use my squid to get a high level dunkleosaurus and knock it out but cart it back close to base at the same time. I found a 145 but killed it as wasn't quite sure how to do it. And basically I went for the basic dinos I knew I would need for building a base first and decided I would go for the others later. The Squid was a 150 but cause I had taming turned up x10 (as I just play casual) it only took 50 black pearls to tame. The Whale was done with cooked prime meat same for my megladon etc The beaver and those were just done with mejo berries since I am living off basics and don't even have a fabricator built yet and only have hide armor unlocked as didn't want to waste a heap of points on the rest so am waiting to find the blueprints. But yes I am really just surviving on basics right now trying to work out how to do the base. I am also thinking elevators for access in places too?? And further out at the bottom I want the water dino stalls etc! And a water dino taming pen if I am able to bring back dinos with the giant squid.

But yes any help would be much appreciated! Thanks

EDIT: And yes its weird but most of the high level dinos I have found/gotten are reds/browns etc lol! Except for the Basiliosaurus :) Also I have no meat in my backpack as pegomastix keep stealing it! Got it back once and dont know when it got stolen again probably at the same time I had a set of dino glasses skin stolen as I chased the one I saw then discovered my cooked meat was missing :P

20170325231539_1.jpg

20170325231436_1.jpg

20170325231358_1.jpg

20170325230710_1.jpg

7 hours ago, Zergling963 said:

So hey everyone I could use a little help here please? I have choosen a base location of which I will show pictures and am currently living off the basics on my boat (singleplayer) I want to build a base with water pens/stalls for my dinos as well as build the base going up the cliffs but I am not quite sure how as of yet? As I also don't know if the two waterfalls in this area will kill you?

I am also unsure what to do to do with fencing the area off or not?? As there is a heap of mantas that spawn a short way out and over towards the other side is a really deep area that tunnels out to the other side and hence I am wondering if those areas should also be fenced off or not?? Same for the areas around the redwoods even though I plan on storing my dinos up the cliffside in the base as I go as I want to build it up so I can easily take my anky out for the little bit of metal/crystals that are above this area! its also closeish to skull rock so I can go there for large stockpiles of metal etc too.

Any help would be much appreciated please and I will include pictures below! And if you are wondering why there is no trike etc its just cause I was aiming for high level dinos only and just survived at first without dinos! Lowest I have caught is a 110 at start of taming and is the whale you see in this pictures! Still trying to work out how to use my squid to get a high level dunkleosaurus and knock it out but cart it back close to base at the same time. I found a 145 but killed it as wasn't quite sure how to do it. And basically I went for the basic dinos I knew I would need for building a base first and decided I would go for the others later. The Squid was a 150 but cause I had taming turned up x10 (as I just play casual) it only took 50 black pearls to tame. The Whale was done with cooked prime meat same for my megladon etc The beaver and those were just done with mejo berries since I am living off basics and don't even have a fabricator built yet and only have hide armor unlocked as didn't want to waste a heap of points on the rest so am waiting to find the blueprints. But yes I am really just surviving on basics right now trying to work out how to do the base. I am also thinking elevators for access in places too?? And further out at the bottom I want the water dino stalls etc! And a water dino taming pen if I am able to bring back dinos with the giant squid.

But yes any help would be much appreciated! Thanks

EDIT: And yes its weird but most of the high level dinos I have found/gotten are reds/browns etc lol! Except for the Basiliosaurus :) Also I have no meat in my backpack as pegomastix keep stealing it! Got it back once and dont know when it got stolen again probably at the same time I had a set of dino glasses skin stolen as I chased the one I saw then discovered my cooked meat was missing :P

20170325231539_1.jpg

20170325231436_1.jpg

20170325231358_1.jpg

20170325230710_1.jpg

Hello again! 

I love the center redwoods.  I live on the other side on official currently,on the cliffs.

Now, are you stuck on staying on that side of teh water? You said you wanna build a base on the cliffs, do that for sure. Theres lots ofnroom and you can build sort of close to metal without blocking it (behe gate length or a bit more) make the metal and stuff in your back yard :) 

Wall off all major access points on walkway up, just for safety. Cluster plants in 2 or 3s around your yard, you can keep it open if you build the plants on pillar ceilings to block any wild spawns in your immediate yard. Can also throw a wall up with one behe gate for access if you dont feel safe in main area. 

Behe gate or pilllar wall the whole bay off, build a nice water pen on the water edge, with all the neccessities. Thrownsome plant pillars in the water and near parking to ensure wilds dont mess your tames, or aggressive trash tame sharks :) 

Good luck! Its a great spot and tons of metal is around on all the cliffs 

4 hours ago, bo0MXxXsplatter said:

Definitely build a water pen there, I've had all my sea animals die to really determined megalodons which managed to squirm through my hastily placed spiked walls. I live in that same Bay area.

Thanks so much really glad to know that! I also have the odd land animals determined to destry my raft too! Looking at you terror birds and carnos! And nice that you live in the same area!

Archived